Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This gif is great but the video it's from is really disappointing because they ruin it by having a non-Obama person do it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

ESOLTEST? TSETLOSE?

I think they meant to highlight TEST and LOSE but didn't separate them?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wish Black Mirror hadn't take off, I liked Brooker's other stuff better.
I like everything of his that I've seen (I haven't watched his Big Brother zombie show) except for Black Mirror. Black Mirror is poo poo.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Australia

Definitely loses points for the savoury biscuits not being Vita-Weats. I assume the "diced andy" is the tin of... fruit? What are the pink circles? And the tin of pale yellow stuff?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I WANT TO TRY! Argh!

Amazon sells them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Istari posted:

On Australia day, kangaroo, emu and crocodile pizza is a fairly common sight.
Is this a real thing? Where do you get it?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's not a kiwi?
I don't know which you meant, but neither the man nor the vegetable are kiwis.

What is this? Why is it designed this way?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bogan King posted:

It's fine to eat by the spoonful once you realise what you're eating. I even make a hot tea with it during winter when I want something hot and savoury to drink but don't feel like caffeine.
Vegemite broth is fantastic when you'r hungover.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dillbag posted:

For the longest time I thought my kiwi coworker was misspelling "sweet rear end" in his emails but turns out "sweet as" is a saying but it doesn't make any sense. Sweet as what?

Bro. Sweet as bro.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

No, Robin, the super horse is a different horse, and he's called Comet.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That is a lot of Vegemite. :stare:

I've never tried the iSnack 2.0 stuff, but if that was regular Vegemite then that would be way too much.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Rysithusiku posted:

I remember someone who regularly attended tapings of things like QI and Mock The Week saying that the stuff that makes it on air is about 30% scripted. However they legit have about 2-3hours worth of tape that they make into the other 70% of a 40min show.
Based on what I've seen of Australian shows, generally the only person with an actual script is the host, although the guests will often work their existing material into the show rather than coming up with new jokes on the fly. And there is some stuff cut for appropriateness, but usually only if it's defamatory or racist or something. Most of what's cut is just not funny (which is also why you should never watch the extended versions because there's a good reason that stuff was left out of the shorter version).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

No butter? WTF?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

They're all kids and I'm still loving confused on who owns the legs with the blue shorts...

They have to belong to the dude on her back but it looks like he is standing and wearing the slides and the legs belong to the kid in the back except the dude in the middle is in between the kid in the back's torso and legs. This image has me all kinds of hosed up. Gonna need an mspaint line drawing for this one.

I don't know how helpful this is, but I tried.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I understand that his character served the role of getting other characters into unusual situations, but Aziz Ansari was the worst part of Parks and Rec

Worse than Mark? :crossarms:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

What is it with germans that they have words for everything weird?

I'm pretty sure it's just that you can combine words without spaces or hyphens in German so it looks like one word in English, but a German would just read it as a compound word. Like how in English someone who throws apples could be referred to as an "apple-thrower", but that doesn't mean we have a specific word for "person who throws apples" like as though that's a common thing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

HPanda posted:

This sounds like a spell to get wasted in Harry Potter world.

It sounds like it takes effect about half way through the second word.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I hope we find out that Han was really a good guy, but acted like a rogue to hide his feelings. That would be a cool character development. Also he'll somehow run into R2D2.

I hope we find out why he doesn't believe in the force even though it was a widely accepted reality only a couple of decades ago and the emperor and his second-in-command are both still devout believers. Is he like the equivalent of a flat-Earther or something?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

im pooping! posted:

i didnt see a serious answer to this, its because games workshop will sue the government and win

Didn't they lose badly when they tried to claim they owned the term "space marine"?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Is point 2 supposed to be a bad thing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

whoda thunkit posted:

If's you's use's apostrophe's on's every's word's, eventually's you'll get's one's right's.
That's not how you do it. Let me 'show you. You 'see, the 'S i's the mo'st dangerou's letter and it would be irre'spon'sible to write one by it'self. You need a little mark to warn people that it's coming. Like in "a's'sa's'sin" or "apo'strophe". :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mammal Sauce posted:

I will agree that anyone who doesn't read PCOS Bill and think Pecos Bill might be r-worded.

Or possibly just not American?