Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I hope they'll use the extremely important explanation EU had for the stripes in his pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Kids probably have to pay for their own phone data.

This new It movie looks weird.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Earlier today the Rifftrax Twitch channel was showing Icebreaker, a Sean Astin action movie from 2000. He was not very convincing as an action hero, especially when the bad guy was somehow Bruce Campbell.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

WHAT!?!?!?!

Rifftrax has a Twitch channel? How did I not know this?

https://www.twitch.tv/rifftrax

It just started like two weeks ago.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

So's Piss Christ

Yeah and it owns

:piss:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

sunken fleet posted:

there's more but eh

goons really need an acceptable target to punch down (heh) at huh? fat people just not doing it for you guys anymore? at least with fats you can make a plausible argument that their "acceptably mockable" physical traits are the result of their own choices or lifestyle or whatever. How do you people jusitify your weird prejudice against short people to yourselves?

Hi I too am a very short man, get some real problems you're embarrassing us all

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ah so you're the guys political cartoonists think of when they label every single thing in the picture

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Larry David is looking a bit rough eh

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What about Mario from Mario Teaches Typing? He's real, right?

Yeah, but he died in 2014

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I'd watch a live action Bevis and Butthead

I mean it would be uniquely terrible, but I'd watch it

Definitely

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/AngstromHoot/status/795362873396654080

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The "breasted boobily" text always specifically reminds me of how League of Legends characters used to have their lore pages be these short stories about them, and Miss Fortune's original one from like 2010 opened with this

quote:

Miss Fortune spills into the Great Hallway with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse, both taxed to contain her.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

This is the least surprising board game tie in.

I can't believe I remembered the name exactly. It was very complicated, I'm not even sure if we played it the right way. It had dice, and a spinner, and draw cards. You could travel on the surface or do a sewer shortcut.

I had the European version of this (Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: The Power Game), which appears to be slightly different with way better art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKflgHrPgc

I was massively into TMNT as a kid and loved it

Veib has a new favorite as of 11:29 on Jul 20, 2020

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Inceltown posted:

What even is a sharpnado though?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Happy Thread posted:

I just Googled "When the Wind Blows" and read the plot summary and started sobbing because of the way it rubs me this year so the thread did it's job

When the Wind Blows is extremely good, both the movie and the original graphic novel

Finding out it was by the same guy who did The Snowman, a Christmas classic that I loved as a child and would watch every year, was wild

Veib has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Dec 5, 2020

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

What the gently caress does "mentioned only" even mean when it comes to things like measurements of time

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Phy posted:

This and Viggo Mortensen's broken toe scream are my favorite things that people who like LOTR can't help talking about when they watch the movies with someone who's never seen them before

(I count myself among that company)

https://twitter.com/lucyjamesgames/status/1342339848858845184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Okay, but do any of those books have elves or wacky robot sidekicks because otherwise I'm out.

Well there is this "update" to a Leo Tolstoy classic...

I can only assume this too is unreadable garbage because Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was some of the worst poo poo I have ever tried reading