Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Facebook Aunt posted:

I know, we have streams like that here too. But when they add concrete they tend to use steep sides, so even during the summer when the creek bed is nearly dry you wouldn't easily be able to cross except at the bridges.

Not a funny picture.

I went to school here, weird to see. Thanks for reading my post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Guy Goodbody posted:

like, in the creek?

My high school backed onto that exact creek/park, it was super weird seeing it in this thread.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Inescapable Duck posted:

I would like to know more about country music subgenres. Fracticious fandom pissing matches are always hilarious.

It's white dudes who look like "american jesus" in a cowboy hat singing about trucks all the way down.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Titan is a good name

I'm surprised they didn't white mom it up by spelling it Tyton or something.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Speaking of old dutch paintings, this movie is really something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZeCX_zevJ0

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Poutine themed tater tots? Sure

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've never read a harry potter but my face hurts from laughing at this.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I really want to read a predictive text Lovecraft, it might be hard to tell apart from the real stuff.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Do they only have those 3 pages or is there a whole book I can read?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Paladinus posted:

Pretty sure her name was Brahbrah.

My friend's autistic 15 year old son got a cat recently and named it Brahbrah and none of us could figure that one out...

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What colour is the most powerful type of cat?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ok good, I want to minmax to get the most healthy and powerful cat in the current known meta.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why are korean comics and cartoons and poo poo so much less infuriating than japanese?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Karate Bastard posted:

What's with Okinawa then? Pufferfish?

American soldiers

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This actually looks cool but man can Japan possibly make a game without giant boob jiggle physics?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

These are like generated by computers or something based on search keywords and successful views or some poo poo right?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why isn't that dog fixed???

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dienes posted:

Can confirm. They are also used in severe behavior clinics. You'll still get a bad bruise but at least you won't have teeth breaking skin.

Then pinch the nose to release the jaw.

My friend had to work with seniors and there were a couple that you had to interact with them through a mitten/puppet for safety reasons. One person decided they had built a good rapport and decided to skip the mitten puppet, she got bit bad.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It just goes on, pages and pages of Tide begging people not to eat their product and please go to the doctor if you have.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Db6JZHh0SA
This one's pretty good too

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What the gently caress is a reverse gender?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I only recently learned about this because a large new apartment building is just called "1488" after 2 previous name-changes they decided to play it safe by simply using the building's address.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sorbo was always a right wing christian, he just doubled downed on it after his stroke.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've heard of lots of people becoming horrible people politically after a medical problem, but I'm not sure I've ever heard the reverse. Like a KKK member sustaining a head injury and becoming a civil rights activist or something? I guess an injury can't make you smarter, but it sure can make you dumber.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He needed a translator? Is the impersonator american or something?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love all the RP1 derails because it brings out the "heh yeah guys rp1 isn't great literature but it was a fun book and I'm kinda looking forward to the movie, uh, ironically!" posters to let everyone know they have zero taste and are deeply embarrassing people.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

zoux posted:

I'm assuming this is a dam joke.

Stickers are NOT a joke!!!!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is that an accent or is he doing a voice or is that just how "streamers" talk? Holy poo poo is that guy dumb.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

rodbeard posted:

That guy is too grating for me to watch long enough to find out what's funny.

There's no punchline. It's just him not understanding why cold things feel wet after a while, he googled condensation and is still confused how water can just come from nowhere.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Um water in the air is called RAIN.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Captain Splendid posted:

He also once stated something along the lines of

"When a plane's engine stops it just glides, when a helicopter's engine stops it's just an expensive brick ":smuggo:

Which is fine, other than the fact that helicopters can glide just fine and landing with engine failure is potentially much safer.

Yeah my neighbour was a helicopter pilot and he had quite a few total engine failures, he's still around.
I love when people that might be an expert on one topic suddenly decide they are an expert on all topics.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Auto-rotation story!

Did anyone see the Robin William's movie "Insomnia" ? It's set in Alaska but was filmed in BC. In the movie, murderer Robin Williams has a cabin on the shore of a lake. There wasn't enough shore for the movie so they trucked in a bunch of gravel to make a gravel beach.

Here's the location on google maps

My neighbour was transporting a group of geologists when he suddenly had a total engine failure, right above the glacier. You can't put down on a glacier, it's covered in crevasses that could swallow a 747. All around him was tree covered hills and mountain. But he had recently watched Insomnia and knew they filmed it in the area and someone had told him the tid bit about the gravel beach. Based mostly on his knowledge of the movie and area he pushed his helicopter as far as it could auto-rotate to clear the death-trap glacier as was able to land quite nicely on the gravel beach, which was loose enough to cushion the landing. Everyone was fine and they hiked up to the highway to be rescued.

This is my funny story about how Robin William's murder cabin saved my neighbour and a bunch of geologists.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's a tim and eric's bedtime stories about Lance Reddick and Kurtwood Smith elaborately con a young man into getting his balls cut off but later stolen back and re-attached so that like a decade later he has a baby and it turns out it was a priest's baby and it was all a plot for him to have a kid without loving.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/tim-erics-bedtime-stories/tornado/

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The good ideal homeschool situations seem to be like good poly relationships, sure they exist and I guess you don't hear about them as much but they really aren't the norm.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Away all Goats posted:

If only cats could read those charts

loving vets fat-shaming, cats are healthy at any size.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

RFC2324 posted:

Drake is the rapper that cries all the time, right?

He's the tiny man on the CN tower.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A whole flock of geese landed right in the middle of the field during a baseball game and did not give two fucks about the players or anyone trying to chase them off. Eventually the mascots got in on it and that scared them enough to disperse them. It was quite a sight.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

zoux posted:

The Master Race, everyone.

Neil Hamburger put on some weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The anti-counterfeiting on magic cards can't be so flawless that for 50k or 100k the market isn't being flooded with counterfeits.
My buddy is super into magic cards and even printed some of his own semi-professionally and they were totally indistinguishable from the real thing except that he put big red text over the images to make it clear. I asked him if he can make such convincing cards, why not just print his own for his own use and save thousands of dollars a year? But he thought that would be both illegal and immoral.

It's a loving piece of cardboard with some bad art and text on it.