Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

"Bike Thefts Up 9000% Perpetrator Remains Unknown Law Enforcement Baffled"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Follow him on Twitter. You get to learn so much about his life, like the ghosts of TRUCKMAN and Wife name of Barbara who is trapped in the frozen lake and sounds like marbles, and his feud with his neighbor Ted Cobbler, and how son (name Jon) has to wrangle him and help him come down after drinking too many chocolate milks.

This sounds like a description of a Phil Hendrie character.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

I've got a couple of 'merican things to send you, but I need something to round out the box. Is there anything you've heard about but never had the chance to try?

Aren't the little "red hot" candies really difficult to find down there? I sent some to my buddy in NZ awhile back 'cause he couldn't get them on the bottom of the planet.

E: Good to know they're "fat-free", I guess.

BlankIsBeautiful has a new favorite as of 18:26 on Apr 1, 2017

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

I'm the Qualcomm OmniTracs on the roof.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

TrustmeImLegit posted:

It said it jellied the mouse, which would happen with virtually any substance with sugar in it. Dissolving is a whole other thing.

I've seen youtube videos of people trying to dissolve steak in coke. Nothing happens even after days.

As per "Breaking Bad", acid, though, does a really good job. Witnesseth Dr. Martin Poliakoff:

http://www.periodicvideos.com/videos/mv_cheeseburger.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZBwluyR2Tc

Flaggy posted:

What. the. gently caress.

Um, I used some of the Dr. Pepper sauce on a couple of slabs of baby backs, and, drat, it was actually pretty awesome.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

I'm imagining that tastes the way lacquer thinner smells.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

whiteyfats posted:

Old science fiction and fantasy books covers own so loving hard.

Seriously.

I bought a copy of Dhalgren strictly because of the cover. I've read it cover to cover 3 times, and I still can't quite wrap my head around it.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

If you're a gardener, and live in a fairly infested area, the best groundhog is one that looks exactly like that Capybara on it's back. Especially out on the road. Groundhogs are shitheads that can mow a good garden down in a couple of hours. I use a wood fence, an underground wire fence (to prevent them from digging), an electric fence (bottom wire at ground level hot so you'll short if if you try to dig under, top wire and ground wire at top so you'll short it if you try to go over the top), and as a last resort, a .22 rifle when we need to discuss the "lease agreement" in close detail. Sometimes the fuckers still linebacker their way through all the obstacles to eat my drat green beans. They're bastards every single one, and since they no longer have any natural predators, they breed faster than rabbits.

That's my groundhog story.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

the solution seems pretty simple

reintroduce wolves to your neighborhood.

You're exactly right, and I'm happy to report, since Coyotes are now on their way back, the number of whistlepigs I've had to, um, "evict" have been reduced. Thank you dumpster dogs for all that you do!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Yeah, about that...

Yep. Flint, MI?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

"How many times has this happened to you? You have a bass, and you're trying to find an exciting new way to prepare it for the dinner table. You could scale the bass, remove the bass' tail, head and bones, and serve the fish as you would any other fish dinner. But why bother, now that you can use Rovco's amazing new kitchen tool, the Super Bass-o-Matic '76. Yes, fish-eaters, the days of troublesome scaling, cutting and gutting are over, because Super Bass-o-Matic '76 is the tool that lets you use the bass with no fish waste, and without scaling, cutting or gutting.

"Wow, that's terrific bass!" - Super Bass-o-Matic '76

I searched for fidget spinner and got this:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

That comic has a definite "Weapon Brown" feel about it.

http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/2013/01/20/weapon-brown/

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Screencap from a CSB video posted over in the OSHA thread:

The video describes an accident involving this company disposing of illegal fireworks in Hawaii.

It's supposed to be serious, and I'm probably going to Hell now for laughing like a maniac when I saw that shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rktMzw2fd28

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Every IT job everywhere. God, I'm happy it's Friday today.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

lol. I'll bet that hot linking "huffporushed" his site, really nicely.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

mds2 posted:

I swore to god it was Skippy the Kangaroo, but after reading wikipedia and IMDB I don't see his name credited anywhere. I'm starting to suspect the was loving with me.

"Bush Kangaroo" sounds funnier.

Anyway, that series ran in the States in around '68 or '69 (yeah, gently caress it, I'm :corsair:), and I loving loved it. I had a sweet Skippy lunchbox for school.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

I was a little kid in the mid 60s in Dayton, OH, and Island Park offered not only the typical potentially deadly playground equipment, but also an old retired fire truck, and (due to the proximity to Wright-Patterson AFB), a loving F-86. To this day, I've never forgotten playing around in the bubble-less cockpit of that plane. Kids need cool poo poo to gently caress around with.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I have no idea what this pile of meatball turds is, but there's a really specific color palette and film grain that screams 'STAR TREK' whenever I see it

When this episode comes on, my wife constantly makes the comment, "Oh look! A living throw rug!" and then laughs.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Let me bark for 4 hours at that skinny doofus to let him know his collar's on upside down. Jeeze...

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

I think you have conflated the Tick #1 and the time that Slylock Fox's how to draw segment was just

1. Draw an elephant
2. drat, that's a fine elephant
3. Colour that poo poo

Wasn't there a Slylock Fox a couple of years ago that actually published a poorly drawn Sonic which was done by an SA goon? I seem to remember that.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Sweetest Day is dumb. It's serious business in Cleveland, though, and I think it has spread.

Malley's Chocolate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nippon QQ
Dog!

Ash gala wonderful!
easy rider salad the mall
who dong hide
goo goo goo goo
plus plus plus plus

OHIO!

http://www.verylowsodium.com/fanimutation/exuberance

Easily one of the best parts of the late 90s. Kikkoman is pretty drat awesome too.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

i tried to find this on google image search and within about 20 pics, i stumbled upon a terrible alt right meme
Thanks Google

There's a really hilarious one out there that's drawn like it would be part of a sidebar on the sports page of a newspaper that chronicles bobsun dugnutt's life, and lists various statistics, and it was hilarious, but I can't turn it up. I posted it to facebook at one point, so it's probably in my FB profile photos somewhere. I'll have a look to see if I can find it.

E: Ah, got it. I post way too much poo poo to FB.

BlankIsBeautiful has a new favorite as of 14:26 on Jan 25, 2018

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Paladinus posted:

It was named after Cesar Romano for his portrayal of Joker in the 60s TV show Batman. The salad features the colours prominent in Romano's makeup as Joker: green, red, and white.

No, it was named after the type of childbirth known as the Caeserean because it looks like a vegetable birth. I guess. If maybe you're kind of drunk and stuff.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Phanatic posted:

Yeah. Exactly my point. There's nothing about the government being a guarantor that prevents a currency from being speculated infinitely up and down. I mean, countries have chosen in the past to literally hyperinflate their currencies in order to pay off debt. Big-name economists like Krugman have advocated that the US should engage in massive inflationary policy in order to pay down its debts. At the time of its issuance, this was worth about $30 USD and is also a funny picture:

Bitcoin's dumb as hell but a number of the reasons why people think it's dumb are also dumb.

Dumb? Drew would like to have a word with you.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

I know more than a few tradies who insist that you should hammer in wood screws.

I heard this about lag bolts too. I didn't really believe it until I saw an electric company lineman installing a new transformer on a pole across the street from my house doing it. Just banging them in like nails.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Spend 15 minutes, using 25 cents of raw materials, and make the dough the night before. Let rise all night. Next morning, spend 15 minutes folding the dough 3 times. Place in dutch oven. Cover with lid, and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 450F. Remove lid. Bake additional 15 minutes for thick crust. Done. Looks like this:

God you guys...

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know why, but that dog always makes me think of Rib Kid.

They were from the same meme era I think. The pre macro text era of memes.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

It looks like it's got valves on each to set the flow rate, so I don't see why it couldn't.

Who What Now posted:

I hope that they made holes in the bottoms of the bottles so it flows properly.

The Jack would need to be vented. The Coke (I assume) is under pressure, so venting is not a problem there. I do think, though, that the turbulence created passing through all the valves would cause the Coke to foam excessively. So you'd end up with a Jack and Coke foam.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Scathach posted:

E: Then again I can't imagine actual birthday parties until the kid was in school and had friends. Inviting my own friends to a baby's birthdays just seems strange. Cake among family, yeah, but actual parties nah.

It's a ploy to score more gifts. My niece had a birthday party for her 1yo son, and there were, like 100 people invited. You can't tell me that wasn't a strategic move to line the family coffers. And yeah, I had to go, and yeah it was the most boring 2 hours of my life making small talk with people you don't know, and will probably never see again.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

i assume milk coffee is the same as iced coffee cos its in a carton

Not quite, but sorta? This is the "coffee" component:

You use it in milk the same way you'd use Hershey's Syrup or whatever. My wife is from Rhode Island, and when we visit all her relatives, there isn't a refrigerator in any of their houses that doesn't have a bottle of this in it. It's not bad, but it's not something I'd break my back to find. Weirdly though, I love Narragansett beer which is essentially the local PBR. It's a great beach beer.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Hjalmar posted:

let's all just grab a big bag of cheese curds and a box of wine & pretend to be cultured together

I live a little south, and west of Middlefield, OH the loving Amish cheese capital or whatever, and I've been through every drat shop there and I can't find something as simple as white cheese curds. It's like they've never heard of the stuff. I have to go to the West Side Market in Cleveland to get the stupid things. The Amish are overrated.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I'm still really mad that the guy took down the original upload, but here's my favorite sweet tea recipe video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLiuaEtvdo

Whoa suttsteve! Is he still around? That's a blast from the past. His daily updates on YouTube were totally a trip. If I recall correctly, he's got a pretty good recipe for boiled peanuts, too.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

They're also angry because their toilets are backwards.

Ah yes, the shitshelf. I found that if you sit on it facing the wall, it's a pretty good design. And if you find an older hotel where the toilets still have a tank, sitting on it backwards, and utilizing the tank top as a workspace is pretty tits, really.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Skyline chili is trash garbage and they are trying to play an awful prank on you.

Clearly incorrect. It's literally the only thing I miss about SW Ohio. Burn it down, and start over, and make sure that the Skylines are rebuilt first. I'm one of the lucky one's though, we have one on the east side of Cleveland.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

They put cinnamon in their chili. Cinnamon. I'd rather eat that French onion soup packet and bean abomination than skyline chili. Chilimac in general is really good, but not if you use Ohio's war crime of a soup.

Cocoa too, as I recall. poo poo's the best drunk food ever for some reason. When I was at U of D, after closing all the bars on Brown St., the 24hr Skyline was an oasis. $1 coney dogs settle even the angriest of drunk stomachs.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

What? slap-chop?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

bike tory posted:

"
Might be slightly different in NZ, but AFAIK it never specifically meant muscular, just big, bulky, solid, etc. So fairly applied to the dude in that meme

however I'm 99% sure that poster was just trolling and not asking sincerely

I'm not so sure that "absolute unit" is not a variant of a term started back in the 90s. Seattle Mariners pitcher, Randy Johnson, was referred to as "The Big Unit" during the baseball World Series against the Cleveland Indians.

I like Great Lakes ships, btw, pics related:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. The various destroying angel species (now there's a name that tells you what you're dealing with) look pretty much exactly like button mushrooms when they're young, and one of them can kill you.

Morel mushrooms grow around where I live fairly commonly in the Spring. I've eaten them before, from people that I know know what they're looking for, and they are loving amazingly tasty, and I haven't gotten sick, or died, and even though Morels are very unique looking mushrooms, nfw would I trust myself in picking them lest I mistake a few false Morels in the batch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Mr Havafap posted:

Greetings fellow veterans of all things cyber, I have a picture that I find amusing.
I've had it since 2002 and it still makes me chuckle.
It's not obscene or anything but it may be considered a bit risqué, IYKWIM.

Is this the right place to post it?

Edit:

I worked in a bakery in HS, and we had some sort of an annual street fair on the main street out front. We baked soft pretzels, and sold them in a cart on the street out front. I was working at the ovens inside, and unbeknownst to me, the other guy out front had tacked a sign on the door, saying "Free Breast Exams, please step inside". We almost got fired. He was a weirdo.