Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Dubai and the UAE , generally thought of as being modern places at least infrastructure wise, does not have street addresses for the most part. There was no national postal system at all until 2001, and even then, all that was established was a network of post offices with PO boxes that you could rent and also mail stuff out. The post office does not deliver mail to people's homes. I had to resort to "the building beside the miNistry of tourism with the big red symbol" despite living in a modern skyscraper with a parkade full of Ferraris and rolls royces when I wanted to order a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The context here is that during the time the CIA was de facto arming and funding Al Qaeda against the Syrian government in the civil war there.

It might be that Mcmullin was talking about trying to get Al Qaeda members to defect or something but that would make little sense given the above.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's been a long time since I've owned a car (and even longer since I've worked on anything bigger than changing friend's brakes or alternators), but how long has this been a thing?

It's how virtually every ttorque converter automatic transmission works.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Che Delilas posted:

Every check engine light I've ever had has been a faulty knock sensor, which as far as I can tell is a sensor that's put in the engine to become faulty and trigger the check engine light.

What kind of car is it? It is very likely that it requires premium or midgrade fuel and you are using regular.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah, it's a Filipino chain of restaurants that serves American style food, headquatered in the Philipines. Not FilipinoHYPHENAmerican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I had another poster on ignore, that poster eventually became a mod and now I can't un-ignore him because the button doesn't work? Or am I missing something?