Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

And people say Red Sox fans look like idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Solice Kirsk posted:

That always looks like it itches something fierce.

Given that one of the ways it peels off is them rubbing against trees, I'd assume so...

Fake edit: apparently I'm full of poo poo, and this is a fairly common question:

"By fall, antlers are fully grown and the bone cells die. Velvet dries up and falls off. Although bucks rub their antlers on trees, this is not because the shedding is itchy. At this point, no living tissue is present so it can’t itch."

https://sciencing.com/do-deer-velvet-horns-6690259.html

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I always thought it was kinda bullshit he was banned for what, like a loving year for that?

Pants that fit are not *that* hard to find. Man up and go to Destination XL if you have to.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

you dont understand how serious business magic is friend. Its like almost full on warhammer tabletop serious.

A couple of my DnD friends are pro tour players. I understand how serious it is. There's a reason I don't FNM at certain stores anymore.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Actually we just need a new comic to make fun of

Maybe something with six panels, just imagine the possibilities?????

They have to be as simple as the current loss panels, so I can piss off people by posting

| ||
|| |_

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Is that one of the chess bums in Harvard Square

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

""What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes that are not worth gaping for."

And off he walked very, very scornfully."

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

characterizing american football as anything but enthralled to the whims of its referees is a goddamn comedy goldmine

The rules of Football are fairly mechanical, unless Tom Brady's on the field, in which case the rule is gently caress TB.

Basketball is basically "Whatever the ref wants to call, whenever they feel like calling it".

Edit: ^^^^^^ To be fair, "These brown people building something is so unbelieveable that I have to believe that aliens built the thing" is a bit racist, and that's all I'll say on the matter.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

My favorite flop video is the guy rolling around yelling that his leg's broken and the guy on the other team just lifts him by the armpits and puts him down on both legs.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

There's not nearly enough celery salt or onions on those hot dogs.

Yes, I grew up near Rhode Island, why do you ask?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

I presume she was also publicly owned.

IT's going around as the chud's new meme about how since Facebook is public/recieves government funds/whatever, they're bound by whatever I stopped caring gently caress the chuds.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

An excellent visual representation of how most networks are put together, as well.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Comptroll The Forums posted:

is this real because my father is a flat-earth-truther and lately he's been telling me that jet fuel isn't real and planes are powered by compressed air.

Wow. That's a new take on Jet Fuel can't Melt Steel Beams.

How does one even come to the point where they'd need to be a Jet Fuel Truther?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

ol qwerty bastard posted:

For me it's microSD cards. Look how fuckin tiny they are! No way they're storing that much stuff without using magical extra folded dimensions or something.

Every time I buy one, I pause for a second and think how much space (let alone money) this amount of data would've been on my C64.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Same!

floppy disks 160kilobytes or my first computer that had a hard drive (250MB!)

I currently have 13 times the capacity of my first computer dedicated solely to pictures of very cute naked women.

Hell... I remember having to download this poo poo over my old 14.4 modem....

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

But it probably contains a little less cadmium

hey, man, heavy metal poisoning is just the price you pay for aerated wine.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

This is the exact opposite of what a problem looks like.

Also late to the R&M talk, but much like Catcher in the Rye, Scott Pilgrim, and Breaking Bad, about half the people miss the point that the main character is supposed to be an rear end in a top hat.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Lobok posted:

Cuz texture and taste is often about context and expectations. Soggy bread can be gross if it's not something you're prepared for but eating a French Dip, using bread for fondue, soaking up olive oil or runny eggs with bread, slathering an open faced sandwich with gravy, straight-up bread soup... all delicious. Dipping a fried chicken sandwich in pop might be decent.

Also, despite its name and the name of the sauce the French Dip is an American invention so you're just enjoying your heritage.

The story of it's creation is also one of the more hilariously petty things to ever happen.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Watching Ben Garison draw comics is like watching senility in slow motion.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6UAzYY8qg

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah. Not everyone who grew up in that generation turned out to be a broke brains moron deadset on making sure everyone suffers after they die. poo poo, I was going to say that Bernie Sanders is from the boomer generation but it looks like he's about 5 years too old to be a boomer.

I also thought Bill Watterson did artwork for The Rembrandts but I must be batting .000 today. Here's some of his pre-Calvin art for his brother's band, The Rels. https://www.reddit.com/r/newspapercomics/comments/qdngl/could_this_possibly_be_new_bill_watterson_artwork/

He also, within the last... Maybe four or five years did some strips for Steven Pastis' Pearls Before Swine.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

A lower-class being becomes super powerful and defeats a foreign invader-prince, a galactic landlord, and a smug prick who won't stop talking about how perfect they are. Can't imagine why that'd be popular in a chronically abused and colonized place of the world. :P

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

mrpwase posted:

Is this man's name Mr Boobs Teacher

No. It's Titties Upperclassman.

(Sempai/Senpai means "Upperclassman" or "Person who's been here longer than me that I respect". Sensei means teacher. And yes, I know, trap sprung)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

HH as in Heil Hitler?

No, Hulk just likes to sign his tweets.

I mean, I get why you would think that, but it's not.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

Everybody knows the burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground. Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway?

I like you Ultrafilter. You're not like the other people here, in the trailer park.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

khysanth posted:

Wow goons reading way too far into that comic and trying to cancel the artist, smh

what is this, the local?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My favorite thing about anprim types is, like, imagine if somehow we did return to nature and, amongst other things, abolish objective measurement. Objective measurement is extremely useful, wouldn't future generations inevitably just re-invent it?

Pretty much any of these "Humans are a virus" or "Modern technology is destroying everything that made us good and wholesome" types are just fash under a different banner.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I've never been able to see magic eye poo poo, can someone tell me what it is?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Makes me wonder how much AWS storage is being wasted on wavs of people talking dirty to Alexa.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Right, so if Bitcoin is pegged to the energy consumption of Argentina, we just need to reduce the Argentine energy consumption!

Honestly it would not surprise me in the slightest if that shitstorm actually was designed that way.

Bitcoin is like Uber and a lot of other poo poo in that it's terminal Engineerbrain, re-inventing something that already exists and does it's job alright without thinking of any practical concerns and assuming it's better because [editor's note: find reason here]. The end case is the (thankfully parodic) Here Comes The Airplane.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Fun fact: the entire SA forums are operating as a door game on an SBBS somewhere in Indiana (Brazil). There's a 1/4 000 000 chance (thanks, Radium!) that when you try to log on, you'll get Tradewars 2002 instead of the forums. You can still send node messages to users in the system proper if you know the right URL.

It's telling about Radium's coding ability that I'm only like 75% sure you're joking.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

UFIA

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Uh-oh, watch out Simone Biles. A new challenger has appeared.

https://i.imgur.com/BXBCcQb.mp4

Chariots of fire started playing in my head on that one.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Zil posted:

Or the fact that when burning a CD, don't you dare use your PC for anything else or you might get a bad burn.

I have an i7 with USB 3.1 and 32 gigs of ram, and I still have this engrained in me on the rare moments when I burn a CD or DVD.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Lor posted:

"Should I use 4x write speed? Hmmm...

... no, no best not. 1x Just to be safe." :hai:

Legit did this burning some Dreamcast ISOs.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Zil posted:

Couple things:

1. I didn't know ring cams were such high quality
2. This needs to be posted in the #blessed thread too
3. That is a great dog
4. I love her laugh
5. There is no 5
6. That really cheered me up from a crap day

Decent qualitiy cameras these days are dirt cheap.

Also, you're probably half-used to seeing Ring stuff in the IR night mode, which is much poorer contrast.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

it's so much more insufferable than Steak People doing their thing. I genuinely don't think there's a more tedious food 'thing' you can have than being emotionally invested in hot dog toppings. I'd rather listen to coked out line cooks yell about if burger fixins go on top or under the patty for hours than hear one almost always either Chicago or New York dink tell me how personally offended they get by ketchup.

Then let Rhode Island Kramer in with their opinion:

Celery salt.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

celery salt owns on a hot dog bun tho

I usually do mustard, raw onions, and a nice sprinkle of celery salt on my dogs, myself.

(also, you absolutely can boil hot dogs for maximum flavor as long as you're not using Oscar Myer poo poo; Kayem natural casings are made to be boiled).

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Zil posted:

Bold of you to assume I'm wearing pants.

Bold of you to assume I'm wearing CLOTHES, frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've heard Louisville pronounced something like Lullavull from a few natives I've known. And Baltimore ave was always baldy-more to the old timers.

Back when I used to go to Otakon, I was very confused by someone talking about how long they'd lived in "bawmur" or something like that.