Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Surprised it's not "S'nack's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

I drove past my old elementary school about six or seven years ago and guys... It wasn't just the playground that was gone, they had torn the whole thing down.. like... 20 years earlier

They burned down my old school. Didn't take the first time, so someone else had a go.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

My aunt's a nurse and she told me they used to carry tea spoons in their pockets. If a patient got an erection while being bathed, a quick flick to the head of the penis with the spoon would very quickly cause it to detumesce.

Wolfechu has a new favorite as of 04:35 on Dec 8, 2017

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does it make your boner actually bigger cuz we gotta get develop an antivenom if true

I assumed he meant it attacks you with its huge boner.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Peeny Cheez posted:

ANIME IS BLOOD

Something most people don't like the sight of, and not something that should plastered all over your bedroom walls?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I mean if he's just going around eating wild mushrooms the problem will eventually solve itself.

This sounds like the sort of story you'd share to a wide audience before trying to poison someone.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

If nothing else (and Christ, there's plenty else), wouldn't you expect the blue field to be behind the masculine symbol and the pink behind the feminine one? I mean, I thought we were trying to promote traditional values here.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

RatHat posted:

Out of curiosity how does the hero(it’s Punisher or Daredevil I think?) actually deal with this?

Add more babies. Keep adding babies until the guy collapses under the weight of the babies. And his own hubris.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Why is TERFism so big in the UK anyway? Is it just that the vague religious/moral/"it ain't right" objections you see in the US don't fly there so they needed to innovate some other line of attack?

I've also heard - and it's not an unreasonable take - that there's a long-rear end tradition in British comedy of 'blokes in dresses', from variety theater and Drag through Monty Python and even up more recent shows like Little Britain or League of Gentlemen. So for some people, they see someone cross-dressing and deep-seated in their minds, it's an act, or a joke, or something.

Also, there's an awful lot of TERFs who are just arseholes.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Yeah, but when Bugs does it, it's kinda hot.

Or so I'm told.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

The MUMPSorceress posted:

Just gonna be pedantic for a sec to point out that it's not cross dressing if a trans person dresses according to their identity

No, you're right, although in the comedic stuff they're associating with the trans movement, it's usually cross dressing. I doubt any of Monty Python are actually trans, and given Gilliam and Cleese being terrible of late, I think we'd be lucky if any of them were even progressive.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

spongepuppy posted:

It's brutal how there is the unspoken assumption that a trans person is intentionally or unintentionally involved in some sort of deception when in reality they're probably just trying to get through their loving day like the rest of us.

Exactly.

Christ, someone post a funny picture; I'm all tapped out.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

Britain has/had a number of transvestite comedians in the 80s/90s (Eddie Izzard, Paul o'grady etc) and it wouldn't surprise me if the boomer generation just can't be bothered to learn the difference between transvestite and transexual and so assume they're the same thing

Eddie Izzard identifies as transgender nowadays, but I doubt the TERFs are keeping up.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

I'm not saying people should stop posting old weird boardgames in the funny pictures thread - because these are awesome, keep posting them - but how do these not have their own thread too?

Content: A Buckaroo bootleg that we bought solely on the strength of its name, because our family is all about 8 years old when it comes to humor

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

bike tory posted:

This would probably work right?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Why would you need a warning that you're about the be able to go? Sounds dumb as hell.

I always thought it was so if you just turned onto the street before the crossing or something, you can tell which way the light is changing at a glance; red and amber means it's about to go green, amber on its own it's about to go red.

Still pretty marginally useful information.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

It'll make them harder to separate, though

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is from a page or so ago, so sorry.

But on mispronouncing city names: Is Melbourne, Florida pronounced the same way as Melbourne, Australia?

Because Americans often mispronounce it as "Mel-born" as opposed to "Mel-bun"

Image tax:

"Over there! How can you not see it? There, look!"

"Ohhh, NOW I see it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009