Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PaulBearer posted:

Let's not forget that invasion of cannibal aliens in the late 80s.

It's not cannibalism if they are eating lower life forms.

Just like the predator's only crime was not renewing their hunting license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zero One posted:

Not pictured but the panels were on the top of the machine. It was plugged directly into a normal outlet.

Seems like a fallback circuit to me.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ak Gara posted:

Their other main weakness is touching the floor.

Ah yes, the perfect thing to prevent grounding: giant lumps of conductive metal.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Neat. That's pretty cheap to be able to warp back to the dungeon entrance

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Phy posted:

The Significance of the Pickle is the better Arlo Guthrie hit, fight me

Holy poo poo that's a good effort post.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Paladinus posted:

The whole point is that you and other parishioners get to have tea with biscuits or cake AFTER the Mass. That's also where you discuss Game of Thrones and whether references to it were appropriate in the sermon.

Weird, someone who actually grew up Catholic, but not psycho tradcath

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Jizz wailers though

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

NtotheTC posted:

e; it almost certainly does not translate that literally but DO NOT CORRECT IT. I cherish this ignorance

Seems right, actually.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lodin posted:

For fucks sake, looking at Medusa doesn't turn you to stone. It's looking into her eyes that does it.

The myth is "so ugly that it turns you to stone". I'm not sure you need eyes for that

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Zesty posted:

...yep? Some exec walked by thinking, "Metroid is a woman?! We can sex that up a bit."

Don't worry, Gamers™. I know the character's name isn't actually Metroid. It's Ridley.

I have good news. That suit was actually created by a western development studio as an alternative to a speed run reward in the original of playing as samus literally in underwear.

Sakuai was always horny

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Data Graham posted:

To this day I think it’s a travesty that the word is “bona fide” and mispronounced using dumb English rules, instead of “bonified”

You know, like to bonify something is like to verify its authenticity

"Bone a fee day" is the right way and also sounds dumb, though

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I legit gave myself a scare when I was walking home late one night and out of the corner of my eye I spotted some rounded object with stripes on the other side of a picket fence and my brain went "A RACCOON IS ATTACKING YOU!" and I leapt aside.

I live in a continent which does not have raccoons.

And you don't even have the "it's some deep evolutionary memory" defense, since raccoons and humans evolved on different continents

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

RatHat posted:

RIP Penisland.com

Stack exchange's old name too

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'm so surprised that omega virus hasn't had a reprint

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Memento posted:

I remember my year 12 literature teacher telling us that when she was in university in the 60s, saying that something was "completely stuffed" was basically the same as using c-word is right now in the USA.

Anyway, pictures.

Is this a real anime? Because that kind of low brow meta humor appeals directly to my internet damaged mind.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Should have said "god darn" because that's a great way to avoid holes in your socks.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Us Gamers, Huh!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Please do not gently caress the guns. It's bad for them.

Please don't spread disinformation

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ever since the YTMND days of this, I've hated that it makes sense.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Slandering good honest jacking off with bros here

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Hard to argue with the truth like that.

D&D pragerU would own.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lodin posted:

You probably already know this but aversion to eating horse flesh is a very American thing. I've always assumed it had to do with the glamorization of ye olden Cowboy days.
Ironically it was perfectly normal to eat horse sausage and such back then.

Went to some dog festival in my town a year or two ago, and there was a booth run by the miniature poodle fan club(everyone else there was selling pet supplies or services), and every single one of them look like this. Horrible little demons. I don't get it, and I loving love dogs.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Trabant posted:

Does it apply here though? I imagine the customers' thought process is more "Well, I'm at Costco and hungry, might as well have a hot dog" rather than "I'll go to Costco for a hot dog and maybe pick up a TV while I'm there."

edit: good point in post above mine too.

Right, but it psychologically reinforces the idea that "this is the cheap place", marketing moreso than loss leader.

No one is going to visit a costco just to eat a hot dog.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lodin posted:

Helsinki kiss.

Yep, this is not a term I can find by googling. KISS apparently has a upcoming European tour visiting Sweden though.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

haha, that literal murderer is so waaaacky.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah, what kind of lovely recipe has any less than a dozen cloves of garlic.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Who would attack a passenger train in the US? Terrorists usually want to have victims.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah, I guess the North East is different from the rest of us.

If Amtrak reached more places within 24 hours, from where I lived, I would take it everywhere.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The original romance of flowers was that you would go out and collect them. i.e. that you put effort in.

Having someone else: grow, cut, bundle, shop for, and drive them for you seems pretty sad anyway.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

RandomFerret posted:

The gorillas could break that glass any time they wanted, there's just nothing on the other side that they want bad enough. They keep the viewing area enclosed and unadorned so it doesn't look interesting enough to break into

This applies to a lot of zoo enclosures!

But not to Jurassic Park™️

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Normally the youtube videos posted in this thread are disappointing, but this one did it for me, for some reason.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

That's the kind of subreddit that has good jokes for a week or two then just keeps going for years afterwards with lovely in jokes

Yes, I post in the simpsons meme thread, what of it?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Who What Now posted:

You mean the exact opposite of the situation you described?

What of it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Solice Kirsk posted:

American style football is superior to cricket. I realize that's not usually a comparison that gets made, but it is a hill I'm willing to die on.

It's like you don't respect the valuable contribution that advertising agencies give us at all

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Muscle growth is controlled almost entirely by cellular signaling.

Lifting weights just causes natural quantities of those signals that your body can safely process, and maybe a healthier mix of chemical signals.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

What if I MS paint funny pictures for the first page and then they're not funny anymore because I suck at drawing.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Are we still mspainting pictures?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Is the naked one JoJo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Fister Roboto posted:

I love that it just barely skimmed off the surface of "there is no ethical consumption under capitalism".

With the weird implication that there was under feudalism