Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why do they have my post history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

gbut posted:

I think those "awards/categories" are just for decoration.

Btw, I was talking about the directors' names under the movie titles, for those missing the forest for the trees. They also managed to erase the other female co-director, so I doubt there was any fact checking involved. Probably just a copy paste from some mel gibson loving freak's imdb list.

Missing the undisupted best film of all time, Paddington 2.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Memento posted:

We have a serious gambling problem in this country, to go with our serious drinking and racism problems.

It's called sporting culture.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jump on the Nice loving Tulip bandwagon.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Robobot posted:

What I'm reading there is that they actually work like 30 hours a week. But I guess if you worked your way up through the company for decades to earn that CEO spot, then it's one of the benefits of being a company person! They wouldn't hire someone from outside a company to run it, right?

At most 6 hours of real work. Meetings and calls are things that mostly just prevent work getting done.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Robobot posted:

That’s everything. We can blame capitalism for a lot of problems but “poor people” or “worked to death populace” is kinda built into every system we’ve tried so far.

Maybe robots will finally end the need for a working class. We can only hope. Just gotta avoid making terminators.

If robots end the working class, it'll be both metaphorical and literal.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There's definitely some meme potential for G&T (gift and talented) as a kid vs G&T (gin and tonic) as an adult, with the whole thing about peaking early and becoming a depressed alcoholic.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Paging Dick Trauma to the PYF Funny Pictures thread. Dick Trauma, to the funny pictures thread.

If you've got Dick Trauma, I did once know a Dr Dick Paine. Well, Professor Dick Paine now.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh cool, found the Morrowind thread - I misremembered and was looking in the agile development thread instead. I started playing it again thanks to the talk in here, and it's a good nostalgia hit. The combat seems fine to me and i haven't encountered cliff racers yet.
Not using mods either because i didn't back in the day.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Is that by playing the game or playing modless? I'll reconsider when i hit a wall in regards to enjoyment.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oblivion had weird enemy scaling so that levelling just made the game harder right?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

I mean if you trim your cat's nails you're kind of asking for it.

If they could stop getting their claws stuck in their scratching post and needing to be rescued, I wouldn't have. Please insert a funny mental picture of a cat with it's paws stuck on a scratching post.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Is that by playing the game or playing modless? I'll reconsider when i hit a wall in regards to enjoyment.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Cool Dad posted:

What instrument does he play?

The organ.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Christian Industrial

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Railing Kill posted:

The lyrics to "Head Like a Hole," but unironic.

:hmmyes:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Trying to paint over a shadow.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Imagine having to acknowledge the opinion of a Man city supporter is correct. What has the world come to.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

If you had a big advertising budget and nothing else, you could proudly set up The World's Biggest Amoeba, which is three inches wide

I'm bigger than that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How many ticks could an opossum eat if an opossum did eat ticks - doesn't have the same ring to it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why else do you think he thought it was the greatest movie ever made?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

They look robotnik mobiles.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You guys listen to the radio?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Seriously, just get Spotify or something.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Drake is for young girls. Not sure about his music.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Advertising computers can listen.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

caspergers posted:

It's real annoying hearing my friend try and train a dog by repeatedly saying SET. SET. SET.

He already taught it to Ready.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Cops hate this one weird trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

canyoneer posted:

He submitted Schindler's List as a student film for one of his assignments.

And apparently he got credits for paleontology for Jurassic Park. According to a speech he gave.