Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Mokotow posted:

I guess it’s not surprising it says “don’t walk on the fish”.

The Gadsden Flag America deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

space uncle posted:

Yeah when the barrel split and started fragmenting into molten shrapnel, I was really worried those guys would get pelted by hot sharp exploding barrel. I guess you have all of the kinetic energy of the bullet and gas pushing debris away from the shooter, but I feel like you could imagine a barrel deformation scenario that would end catastrophically (an Elmer Fudd scenario to use the technical term).

I recall seeing something from Kalashnikov Russia where they had a guy fire hundreds of rounds out of various guns and he was wearing a great deal of body armour and an armoured visor - seems surprising that the Russian destruction test video would be the safe one!

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

I was horny. I still am. I’m thinking of the giant Minotaur lady boobs and I’m horny. Let it be known that I was here, and I was horny.

Thank you and god bless

Go, tell the Spartans!
O stranger passing by
That here, obedient to their command,
We horny was - and horny lie.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

Commas, should be used to indicate rhythm. Don't burden yourself with using them to convey meaning, you will be misunderstood anyway.

I have used
the commas
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for a list

Forgive me
they were useful
to indicate
rhythm

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

Huh. Did the Soviets not do the medal ribbons thing?

edit: oh, I guess they did:

Russia and the Soviet Union (not sure about the Federation) also didn’t have a way to show successive awards - you just get the medal multiple times. Regulations (if I remember right) also said that you had to wear all decorations including successive awards and anniversary/long service awards.

Put that together with a delight in finery meaning that on big occasions you’d wear the medals rather than the ribbons and one ends up with Corporal 3rd Class Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov, who fought from Moscow to Berlin then spent twenty years polishing rifles in a depot, being a disco ball of metal.