Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

3 pages late, so what

Most US packaged bread (Nature's Own, Bimbo, Wonder, etc.) is delivered by independent distributors (IOs) five days a week, excluding Wednesday and Sunday. It generally has a one week shelf life at the grocery store. When that week is up, the bread delivery person buys it back from the store and sells it to the company they originally got it from. The company, in turn, carries that same bread for up to another week in their discount store. After that week, pig farmers in beat-to-poo poo pickups come by with plastic barrels (or just cram the bed full of bread, fuckit) to use it as feed. Bread delivery people call discount stores, "the stale store", for a reason.
Don't say I never taught y'all anything.

gently caress. I'm talking about bread again aren't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

"Day" old bread rules. I love my entenmann's donuts at dirt cheap prices.

Joke's on you, I ate all the topping from the crumb cake softees.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Bloop posted:

The only truly good thing they make is the raspberry danish. Top tier "factory" baked goods.

Keep talking. Don't stop.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

And if the light that looks like Aladdin's lamp comes on, it means your wish for a new car just came true.

That person probably wishes for a new truck constantly. It's on the back window of a Ford F-250. I bet money the joke is that one has a 6.0L diesel. Broke all the time, owner and vehicle.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

DiggityDoink posted:

Lava is basically the best way to produce a black and blue steak.

Nawww. Come on man. Pittsburgh, steel. Molten steel is the best way to cook black and blue.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Bored posted:

When he says,"it's a secret"the Japanese at the bottom says,"I'll eat it." taberu

It's one of the few Kanji I can still remember from college.

So what is Japanese for rear end?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

wtf Russia doesnt require the alcohol in those things to be denaturized? thats just asking for people to drink it

A Soviet MIG-25 base in the '70s had so many conscrpits die of poisining at once that their mothers forced a full investigation. There had been problems before with fresh hydraulic fluid being stolen and made "drinkable", but they had clamped down on the supply. They found that pilots were flying behind a mountain and dumping fuel. This cut their flights short so mechanics could drain the barely used hydraulic fluid out of the planes. Once strained of additives, that poo poo was supposed to be pure alcohol. Even barely used, it had degraded enough to be poisonous in a way chunks of bread couldn't filter out.

Yeah, someone will find a way. Someone else will find a way to sweep it under the rug, too.

Anyways...

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Boru posted:

I've been laughing my rear end off at this picture for 10 minutes, but I still don't know wtf is going on. Has that delightful imp frightened the woman so much she vomited? The way the dogs are joining in laughing seem to suggest that.

I'm stuck between that or he like kicked her in the rear end or something. Good stuff.

I think she is preggers and hubby just figured it out from the morning sickness. That's all I got.

e: Dogs like kids, so they're interested. Maybe they just want to eat the puke.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Dienes posted:

There is definitely something I'm not seeing here.

Yup.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/kNl32Ja.png:nws:

"Come Nerevar, friend or traitor, come."

That goes real well with the one you posted in the Morrowind thread:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lobok posted:

I keep 'em all in a giant bowl I made in pottery class. It's my Dice Clay.

You are awful. Awfully punny. Is your AV some kind of Trailer Park Boys comic? Did Randy die for my burgers?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MrYenko posted:

Please stop.

Signed, Florida Man

We'll take the Ontarians, the Nova Scotians, the Newfies, we'll even take the Albertans, but not the Quebecers.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ok. I guess we'll take the Quebecers, too.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

They just seem more expensive now because we have to pay for them.

Lol, I'm gonna pull this out next time I talk to my dad. We have 3rd generation Legos in our family.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Sex is like 85% sound.

Is...is that right? I’m not sure.

More like oldgettinglaidless.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I think we can at least all agree that people who drink coffee made from civet turds are just weirdos in denial about their scat fetish.

One weird trick a house dog figured out... coffee nerds hate her.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Pick posted:

The marketing ploy that you need Highest Quality Whatever has been wildly successful. in reality you can just eat garbage, you're an overgrown raccoon. we all are. we can just consume the worst poo poo right out of the garbage.

Much like your posting.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

zedprime posted:

The creator is against the law. They're aping a classic graph (I forget which but the dripping was a little more normal) to make it look like bloods dripping down, and the law causing more blood to drip down. Charts don't work like that but A for effort

That graph has a whole bunch of problems. The one that stands out to me is that it ignores the financial meltdown coupled with high migration rates. poo poo was even more hosed up than usual here during that whole time. That's not even getting into the fact that a successful defense under SYG precludes a death from being legally murder. Well intentioned, but maybe conterproductive.

Incidentally, I remember my mother telling me about a college class she took which was actually called, "Lying with statistics".

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

I don't get what's so hard about gun cleaning just press the gently caress off button until it dries up then chuck it in the ocean what's so hard about that I don't get it

Ah, common mistake. Remember kids, guns aren't car batteries!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

LOL, his "mic drop" moment of bragging that he has a personal 'library' of 500 books like that's a staggering amount.

500 copies of Asterix in Britain does not a library make.

Lol, Asterix was translated into English by Anthea Bell for years and years. I know the name from her translations of W.G. Sebald, but never put the two together.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Fools Infinite posted:

The thing to claim to have read to hate on russian communists is The Gulag Archipelago, which is incredibly long, detailed, and absolutely gut wrenching.

If you can't get your hate on for the Bolsheviks through Solzhenitsyn, just try Shalamov. Why not just read Shalamov if you wanted to be lazy, it's mostly short stories. "Comrade Injector" is two paragraphs and scathing.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

By popular demand posted:

Don't leave us hanging, what is the secret to a longer and larger fart?

Put one whole onion in shallow pan, drizzling clarified butter on top. Place in 375°F oven for, eh, fifty minutes until onion reaches desired consistency. Melt slices of camembert over melba toast, smear with raspberry preserves, spoon onion over top. Do not wear your favorite undies for the next day or so.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

e: ^^^ Tell 'em I got some lube, a toilet plunger, and a polished stainless butter knife, if that'll help.

Paladinus posted:

What kind of name is 'David'?

I'll be skinned if Bryar's middle name ain't Rabbit.
Zerachiel sounds neat though. Like some ancient Semitic angel: all eyes and fire and judgement.

madeintaipei has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Aug 12, 2019

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

You were probated for being an insufferable dipshit outside of a forum where the mods give leniency to prolific posters, hth.

Potato pic, yeah. This dude picked the wrong place and time to try and sell the old man in that house some independent telecom service. By the time he went out to check on the truck, it was over frame-deep and the driver's side was starting to float.

Hello! Would someone report this post so I can get a prob?

Gripweed, the following isn't directed at you. You just reminded me of something.

I've noticed that some of the smaller sub-forums end up with posters that have been run out of the rest of SA squatting in them. Think Grover, Armyman25, etc. It might take a while, but they always get up to their old tricks. Ask/tell, TFR, fuckin' PI, seen it happen in all those places. I think it just looks bad for a poster who gets reported in these places if they have a mile-long sheet or just a small one with some real horrid poo poo.

TFR is making an effort to be more inclusive, btw.
This is not that, just my own thoughts. Try the Airpower thread, it's nuts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Grover's last post was over five years ago. Armyman's was over three years ago :shrug:

Howl at the moon-pies.

I mention them because they are good and gone.
Just a few example of a trend I've seen.

Try the Airpower/coldwar thread, it tastes delicious.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Golden Dragon posted:

huh, I got Miss Jack Sparrow
am I married to Johnny Depp now?

Old George Chumbucket-Bart (of the Providence Chumbucket-Barts). I realize, now, how the hyphenated last name sounds to other people.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Gary.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

zoux posted:

This guy drives in a society

Nice plate, too.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I love that clussy-on-clussy action, myself. Us CoC fans call it fibbing.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

How do they fill in the middle of the ‘O’s when it’s lit?

Thin, stiff wire in my experience. Fishing line and a thick needle also works for lighter bits. Man, I miss my friend's kids being little. Tiny girl needed an adult to use the knife and taught me that in return :3:.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Snowy posted:

Tom Waits plays a character pretty well I guess. It’s a little like a metal band pretending to be demons or a mild mannered rapper acting like a murderous drug lord.

Tom Waits on Austin City Limits shows this up. People go from thinking, "Who, and what, the gently caress is this guy?!", to genuine happy laughter and applause by the end of it.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Double Bill posted:

Monitor ships were funny.

It's just a floating turret.

Floating coastal artillery. Imperial Russia made a round one. Phone posting, but the first pic on that wiki page is just a model and it's hilarious looking.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hoist upon his own poot-ard.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Lying on applications is how I broke into finance. I had been unemployed for 6 months and just started applying to every single job hoping I could impress them and get hired before a background check was needed/completed and my first firm hired me with out doing a super deep one. By the time they figured out I never went to college I had already been there 9 months and been promoted so they decided to keep me.

Solzhenitsyn was put in a sharashka because he jokingly put down his occupation as, "theoretical physicist", during a "re-evaluation" of his sentence.

On the other end, my father was hired by the company that got him into the business he's in out of a temp service. After doing graphical design for six months, his boss looked at his CV and offered a position writing the manuals. "Why didn't you tell me that you are fluent in three languages?" Dad told him it was on his application. Whoop.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Randaconda posted:

nothin' says lovin' like cummies in your tummy!

Yummy, yummy, yummy, I got keeey-board goop in my tummy.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

“Snatched” waist??

How long has it been since you've seen your toes?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

alexandriao posted:

I don't get this in modern militaries because it means all the headshots are the same height off the ground. Also shorter people can find cover better

You jest, but you are not wrong.

During WW2 in the Pacific, BAR's were given to the shorter men as they were harder to spot and shoot. Short and wide men, I'd guess, as the BAR is heavy as gently caress. Let the larger folks with Garands get shot at while the little dude crawls up and BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM.

Come to think of it, I've met three former SAW gunners, all under about six foot tall.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

born a couple of days ago and already sick of this bullshit

Baby's been studying the cat, finds commonality, starts making cat faces. "Do you have to watch while I poop?!"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Wine, boobs, sex. Unsure if that means I will get boobs myself. Also unsure if someone will be having sex with my new boobs.

Sounds like a fun night, either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Pick posted:

What is a butter homo friend

What's a butter homo friend with you?