Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

veedubfreak posted:

Why do people type like this?

syscall girl posted:

Black Twitter book of style?

twitter is evolving language into new speak. with only 140 characters to convey what you want you have to get rid of unnecessary poo poo like words w/o multiple meanings and the letter T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

cnut posted:

terrists :argh:

well to be fair obama probably is a white a nator. I mean poor white southerners love him because of the free healthcare he got them right!?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

FreudianSlippers posted:

"Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!"
-Roman graffiti

the first mra was the only one who could admit they are gay

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

ide love to see sasso on snl doing trump.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

BJPaskoff posted:

This death was the first one to make me cynical about the mourning. When I was growing up, the same friends who hated Linkin Park and laughed at how cringey and fake-edgy "craaaaawwwllinnggg in my skiiiiiin" and "I'M ABOUT TO BREAK!" were are now posting about how influential Linkin Park were to them (no they weren't, unless you were trolling me for the past seventeen years) and how they were the first band they really loved (no, we talked about how they weren't "real" music all through college). I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe. I don't take any pleasure in someone dying because they were tormented by sexual abuse though, especially since their only crime was making music I didn't personally like.

how many times did you hear that they are just a "metal or punk boy band created because some exec was like they look good together"

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

MizPiz posted:

Furries have gained some concessions since they joined juggalos to become anti-fascists.

https://twitter.com/DeoTasDevil/status/898211422991208448

google nazi furry. juggalos come in facist stripes to. yes yes i know gently caress your rebel flag. They also have a song about murdering basically anything you can think of

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Facebook Aunt posted:

This would so have hosed with me as a kid. In elementary school I was sure there were sliding panels somewhere and the principal or your parents could be watching at any time.

elementry school? i put tin foil in my windows instead of blinds and i still have to remind myself daily the im being paranoid noone is spying on me.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The Mail is a racist, classist rag not fit to wipe the asses of decent people. Think Fox News, but as a lovely tabloid that doesn't even bother to disguise its blatant panic-mongering as journalism. Overwrought hand-wringing about poors, Muslims, gays, and whatever else gives sheltered middle-class white Britons heart palpitations is the Daily Mail's MO. gently caress 'em.

to be fair they didnt mention anything about harrys love of nazism. Much like his elder king edward 8.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ziv Zulander posted:

Also, the only gay character is the obese pedophile villain.

dont forget the fish speakers :biotruths: about how male homosexuality bad. girl homosexuality isnt real they still want dicks.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Even domesticated pigs can be scary. Apparently it's a disturbingly common problem for pig farmers to get eaten by their pigs.

Pigs will eat drat near anything and go feral at the slightest provocation. Or even slightest opportunity, it seems. It's like they're actively looking for a reason to gently caress up everything alive they can get near.

They're smart too. Apparently it's really, really difficult to eradicate feral pig populations because any traps you dream up only work once.

dont forget that you basically have to make a lake of poo poo that works like cartoon quicksand that 1-all of your children will drown in if you farm them.

snergle has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Apr 2, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you're farming both pigs and children, keep them in separate pens. That's like farm stuff 101.

If I don't free range the children the mother will eat them

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Guy Goodbody posted:

A fun trick some districts will do is fire all the teachers at then end of the school year and let them reapply for their jobs for the next year

north carolina has the lowest teacher pay in the country and they do this poo poo state wide. They will also send you to college for free to be a teacher but you have to work in this poo poo hole for 5yrs as a teacher making lower then normal pay or pay them back + interest if you leave an. also you cant use that to become a special ed teacher.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd buy that I have gas one

goon invaded by the green weenie us military.

snergle has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Apr 10, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Such Fun posted:

Taylor Swifts lawyers are very busy people, she has a name for being overly litigious. There's a bunch of stories out there where she's suing over things that are really petty for a famous rich white person to care about. Not sure how true any of those stories are, but tumblr has had a long run of dumping on Taylor as an expression of wokeness.

can you cite some sources? The only lawsuits I've ever heard her being apart of is the counter suit to guy who groped her for 1$ to make him admit to being a pos. The people who sued her over shake it off infringing on their haters gonna hate copy right and when she donated to ke$has legal defense when ke$ha was trying to get out of the contract sony had with her so she didnt have to work with her rapist.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

I hope its hiv

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pakled posted:

Most parents who have the ability to homeschool make enough money that, if their concern is quality of education, they can just enroll their kid in a private school or move to a good school district. So quality of education isn't why most parents choose to homeschool. Most choose to homeschool because public schools aren't Jesusy enough for them and private schools that espouse their specific brand of protestant evangelicalism are rare.

In my experince its the opposite. Poor super religious home school more then rich super religious. There is a charter school for every insanely specific sect of christianity except maybe amish / mennonite.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Samuringa posted:

I make the homemade caramel but I only leave it in the pressure pan for around half the time because I don't actually like caramel, just the hardened condensed milk that you get if you do it that way.

https://twitter.com/KeetPotato/status/999679167523426304

But tom hanks is trying to force his piss fetish on everyone. Please fix it a third time

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

muscles like this! posted:

There was a goofy bit in the US version of the TV series Being Human where a character was a ghost but comes back to life. She's about to die again and spends time picking out her ghost outfit that she will wear from now on.

there was an american version? was it as decent as the uk version? i watched the uk version forever ago on netflix. back before they had original programing and i remember thinking it was ok worth watching once.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Randaconda posted:

it was poo poo

day time tv poo poo or syfy original poo poo?

Nm its a syfy original. LOL

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Dixville posted:

Ok but why is there a Tootsie roll?

They sell tootsie rolls to fund raise. They then give 1%of each sell to what they told you its to raise money for and use the other 99% to further the churches political views / ignore the pope and further their political views. They donate heavily to anti lbgt non profits who create things like the bathroom bill.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

syscall girl posted:

Also they're the knights of columbus--COLUMBUS

Real cool aspirational hero type

But the outfits

You should see them in their dumb dress up poo poo. The good news is most chapters median age is 60 and up. So they are dying out. The median catholic church member age is 30-49 and has held steady for the past 5 years while the knights median age rises each year.

The extra lovely thing is they used to be the socially progressive wing of the catholic church in north america. They were for civil rights and fund raised to help mlk. Now they are openly funding things like prop 8 and giving the afa money.

snergle has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jun 2, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's wrong with funding anti fascist activists

afa = american family association. Although I suspect you knew that.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lakedaimon posted:

I've audited the books of the local KofC council before, and unless the Special Olympics are behind the bathroom bill, you might be wrong here. 100% of the money goes to charities that work with children and young adults born with developmental disabilities, with the council itself covering the cost of tootsie rolls and high visibility vests for the volunteers collecting money at intersections (yes they did have to replace the old ones that said "retarded")

https://www.newwaysministry.org/2017/06/07/new-report-shows-just-how-deep-knights-of-columbus-anti-lgbt-efforts-are/

This is a catholic pro lbgt organization.

https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/young-voices/3-things-know-you-invest-knights-columbus

This is the original article i was citing.

The afa is generally considered to be behind the bathroom bill that happened in nc.

snergle has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Jun 5, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lakedaimon posted:

The national organization does not get the tootsie roll money

Not gonna continue this after this but they arent putting the life insurance money into the charity arm of the koc. They are using the charity money to make donations to socially conservative organizations.

https://thinkprogress.org/how-one-religious-organization-bankrolls-americas-social-conservative-movement-b2d4a22b9239/

quote:

The Knights also operate a legally-separate but affiliated charitable arm called the Knights of Columbus Charities Inc. That tax-exempt non-profit organization made about 57 percent of its annual grants in 2013 to efforts to “promote matters affective life family, marriage and similar priorities in building a culture of life.”

quote:

In a November interview, the organizations’ top official noted that the Knights’ “first principle is charity,” and that its success has come due to its focus on “mission integrity.” But for several decades, that charity has also included work to overturn Roe v. Wade. Each year, the organization reaffirms, by resolution, its “deep and historic commitment to oppose any governmental action or policy that promotes abortion, embryonic stem cell research, human cloning, euthanasia, assisted suicide, or other offenses against life.”

quote:

Over the same period, the Knights of Columbus also sent more than $625,000 to another conservative legal group, the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. While the group’s official mission is “to protect the free expression of all faiths,” it acknowledges that it works “at the crossroads of church and state.” In addition to its work against the Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate and against LGBT rights, Becket has worked to erode the separation of church and state required by the First Amendment. This has included defending prayer at government functions, religious symbols in public spaces, and public funding for religious schools.

I'm not some raging internet atheist or anti catholic christian. i just think people should know that donating to the koc used to be good and has been very bad since about the 90s. If someone was arguing for you to donate to kids wish network or cancer fund of america or project cure i would also argue against them. One problem in our country is scam charities.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

chitoryu12 posted:

Chipotle that make much better food

:thunk:

3 years in a row they have had viral outbreaks that made people sick. Time will tell if its 4. everything else you said is true though

Mcdonalds actually did try to make their food better but the problem is people see them as trash and the people that go there only want a big mac or double quater pounder so they dont try the new food. they didnt try hard their signature burgers and butter milk chicken are trash

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

some dudes refer to the dick as a snake. some dudes refer to vaginas as pie. snake eats pie

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Guy Goodbody posted:

How do you think sex works?

like this

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Zil posted:

It also was not the most optimized and did not run very well.

none of bungies pc games until destiny 2 had a decent port and destiny 2 is still not that great. Same reason you dont buy the witcher on pc until witcher 3.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Choco1980 posted:

Former LP fan favorite Joe Smite weekly streams what he calls "AI Arena" which does exactly this with any fighting game he can find with cpu vs cpu settings. The bets are in funbux, but you still get pretty invested.

so saltybets? or did saltybets die out?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Bath Tubs posted:

gently caress man so many of these people either died of heart attacks before they were 50 or killed themselves.

Doesnt vince vehemently deny that wrestlers get the football concussion thing? I can't wait for xfl atheletes to sue him.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

luxury handset posted:

you've really only got to be bitten/stung once by some kind of insect to hate them deeply

bees get a pass because they are vital to the ecosystem. but gently caress wasps, fire ants etc. forever

all insects are vital to the ecosystem. ants kill termites. wasps kill spiders and mantis. spiders kill flies. bees help flowers have sex.

I was once bit by an ant in socal that left a giant welt on my big toe. Ants are still cool in my book.

Veth posted:

The lady down the street from us used to claim she was a "Death Doula Level 1".

Mods please rename me "level 1 death doula"

I am imagining this as a middle aged woman who bashes your head in with a rock for your assisted suicide. When she reaches level 10 she can give you a pill cocktail that will let you ease into death like a nice sleep. I think when she reaches level 3 and can shoot me to death im gonna give her a call though.

snergle has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Jul 21, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RFC2324 posted:

iirc mosquitoes have been ruled to serve no purpose, which is why some scientists are down with making them go extinct.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2016/02/20/467094440/would-it-be-a-bad-thing-to-wipe-out-a-species-if-its-a-mosquito

fine mosquitoes and flies can gently caress off but eu social insects are the best.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

BiggerBoat posted:

I was born in New Mexico and raised in Delaware (true story) so this post caught my eye.

I don't know anything about NM so I can not confirm but Delaware is basically where banks go to set up their corporate headquarters and avoid rules. I don't recall a Libertarian streak but let me think about it.

that person is thinking oh new hampshire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_State_Project

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Parrots also live a ridiculously long time (some can live to be 80 or older) and sometimes get inherited by relatives when the owner dies which can be a real problem because parrots can be absolute cunts who scream like a banshee at all hours of the day, destroy everything they can reach with their beaks (which is everything in your house) and curse up a blue streak.

At least a turtle won't wake up all the neighbours at 4am screaming about how you're an idiot cocksucker. :ocelot::parrot:

Thats why I went with parakeets. They will die and then I will die. or vice versa.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

what comedian / special is that from?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

jobson groeth posted:

Not sure the special but that is Frankie Boyle and he's always like that so if that is your cup of tea then check him out.

edit: for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7CPqZO_IDU

thanks

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bike tory posted:

Its me, LOVE 2000 HOGS YEA

I guess ill be bog love then

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They get free advertising from the billion an one people on youtube and recipe sites that swear by sriracha sauce and dump it on everything.

I dont like the strong vegetable aftertaste that taints everything it touches It does have a light heat which works for babies first hotsauce. fight me sriacha nerds.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Twitch posted:

It's really good as an alternative to the "flavor packet" in cheap instant ramen.

for sure thats actually what i use it for but i didnt wanna say it. im glad im not the only one.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Peeny Cheez posted:

And he certainly doesn't know poo poo about California.

may he never know the deliciousness of tri tip.

but its basically he is saying the left and california as the most left state is the most violent. when california is slowly becoming a red state because of all the rich liberals who only care about token social issues so long as they get less taxes and it doesnt inconvenience them in anyway. That and most tech bros are chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

he pinged my gaydar super hard.