Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

YEEEAAAA! Keep going, Doggo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

This is quality work.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

And good times were had by all. Have a happy pride.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I'm pretty sure I know which one it is, but I wish it was front butt.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Rolo posted:

What is it even supposed to sound like?

Its like being "saved" by Jesus. If you you haven't experienced it, its impossible to describe.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

:unsmith:

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Back to normal then.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Phlegmish posted:

Stephen King shot John Lennon? Is that true?

Must be, the internet says so.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

It's even stupider. That's a metal knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y5D5FkkeU

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

HAHAHA!

I desperately want to put that on the company chat, but then I'll have to talk with HR again.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Why, do you work at an elementary school or something?

I work at a corporation with a humorless HR. Which is strange, considering how laid back the rest of the company is.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

What

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Besesoth posted:

Poor ol' Freckles, thought of wrestling and died.

:perfect:

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Isn't that from Brigador?

Also, I don't get the joke.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I can't unsee that. Great, thanks.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I remember reading something saying that Voyager manly existed to keep the brand in people's minds while there wasn't a movie or something doing the job. So Voyager exited because of the marketing reason of "Keep people thinking about it". I guess it succeeded. The fact that it made people think "What is this trash?," is irrelevant.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Admiralty Flag posted:

e: ^^^ Height requirements have been a criteria for elite troops in a lot of places, like Napoleon's grenadiers and other historical examples I'm sure existed but can't think of

They have height requirements for South Korean soldiers manning the dmz. They pick the tallest and most threatening soldiers they got to make a propaganda statement about the health and prosperity of SK over NK. Also malnutrition is a bitch.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

kiimo posted:

who knew push in your stool had a THIRD meaning

An awkward trip to the hospital?

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

RoboRodent posted:

Ah, the Thing has been on my list of movies to watch for a while. Better get to that.

It's a great movie!

I also just tried the board game and it was a lot of fun as well.

Treat yourself to some Cronenberg that the whole family can enjoy.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Beverly fucks.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

The main thing I remember about Megamind was how when it came out in theaters it was clear that someone at Dreamworks got cold feet about the whole "main character is the villain" thing. Because even though the plot of the movie is Megamind learning how to be a better person the marketing campaign went right ahead and laid out the entire story, including the twist that the good guy fakes his own death at the beginning of the movie.

I remember seeing early concept artwork for that movie and his design being much more villainy, think Mars Attacks. Then they just slapped a goober Dreamworks face on him.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Castlevania is some of the best television I've seen in a while. The newest season is excellent.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

bike tory posted:

"One of these faces" look at this coy m f acting like they don't know the specific word for that face

A "hosed by a tentacle" face?

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

It's a paradox. I think it would be something like a 30% chance since there are only 3 actual choices (don't know the maths on how to account for two 25% options). But there is no 30%, so you would guess 0%, but then how can you win when you have a 0% chance of getting it right?

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Inquiring minds need to know.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Manager Hoyden posted:

Wear it then, only the brain-poisoned Very Online crowd actually makes that association. And it's a pretty weak one when you look into it - the (not as exaggerated) version that was its inspiration wasn't particular to nazis, it was a standard haircut pretty much all over europe and the US. Yes some nazis wore it because they had hair and existed at the same time that haircut existed.

I have a friend who has a shaved head because he is balding. Anyway, we meet the girlfriend of another friend for the first time, and the first question out of her mouth was, "Are you a skinhead?"

The moral of the story is people are going to be idiots no matter what, so do what you want.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I'm guessing this is a reference to the fact that one of the California fires was caused by pyrotechnics at a gender reveal party.

Side note, who the gently caress goes to a gender reveal party?

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Bad poutine is horrendous, even compared to other low-quality versions of trash foods.

Good poutine is loving fantastic, then you die from salt overload. It really seems like something that should have caught on in America.

I miss living in Vancouver...

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

It's a pretty accurate graph of my disdain for Apple.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Always thought Willy Wonka's chocolate river looked a bit off.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Wait, is that real? Was giuliani leaking motor oil?

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Fried Watermelon posted:

Matrix 4 will have the revelation that the "real world", the machines, and the world destroying machine war is all another simulation. The simulation was created by the last living humans after humanity destroyed the world through climate change inaction.

Neo is actually just an AI construct and there are no real humans left and there are no physical robots walking around.

Just a dinky looking server running in a bunker underground.

We are all just tomatoes.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I read about that SCP.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I am dead.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Feels like this sums up the Reagan era.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Now imagine if she was black.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

Cocaine Bear posted:

Just the balls of the guy who decides picking his goddamn self blows my mind. gently caress that guy and his ilk.

I heard it referred to as he "pulled a Dick Cheney," which I thought was a good expression. Put it up there with being a Quisling.

Side note, Dick Cheney is still not dead.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

You posted it without the sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSM3x9G7eTQ

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

That was a good read, thanks for posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

How can you tell if a crash test dummy is Russian?