Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Lobok posted:

It's old now but I didn't feel any different back when it was airing. And it's not like the other women on the show were afflicted with the same problem.

Were they purposely making her a little grumpy since she and Jerry are platonic friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

zoux posted:

Why do so many crazy people independently come to the conclusion that they should put their crazy ideas on their car

I wonder if cops are less likely to pull over obviously crazy cars.

👮‍♀️: Well he’s doing 63 in a 55 and our hick town is basically one big speed trap... but this guy looks crazy so I’m gonna let it slide

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Proteus Jones posted:

I feel sorry for the dog. That's a "submissive grin" meaning it's super uncomfortable, trying to placate an aggressive dog or person.

baring teeth is submissive?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know why, but that dog always makes me think of Rib Kid.

thinking of rib kid makes me think of the poor bastard he murdered

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846844

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

You posted:

Both Finland, Norway, Iceland and Sweden have a state owned monopoly on alcoholic beverages over a certain percent (Ranging from above 3,5% in Sweden and above 5,5% in Finland, lower percentages are allowed in regular stores). These monopolies were introduced in a more puritan mindset during the early to mid 1900s and part of their task was to regulate the consumption of alcohol and, if we're being cynical, bring in a steady flow of taxes. Most nordic countries have some of the worlds highest taxes on alcohol. I remember taking a Dutch colleague out to pizza and beer and told him that the beer will cost as much as the food. He just laughed at me until he had the menu in hand. A regular beer in a restaurant/bar in Sweden costs ~10 dollars and 2-3 dollars a can at the store.

As far as I know, the companies Alko and Systembolaget (Finland and Sweden respectively) both have a ban on cost reductions on alcoholic beverages. There is no sales or option to buy at bulk prices, a can of beer will always cost the same not matter how many you buy, to discourage abundant drinking. And to be fair, the history of widespread alcoholism in the nordic countries during the ages makes it quite reasonable that it became regulated. However there is a rather small political movement on the right wing thats trying to abolish the monopoly, but for now the monopolies are here to stay.

I realize that putting regulations on something that's harmful is quite foreign to an American, but that is how we roll. :finland: :norway: :iceland: :sweden:

Also, screw you Denmark.

Yeah but the Nordic countries are also not very :420: friendly, if you cared about harm you’d sell weed by the ounce for :10bux: in liquor stores

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Phlegmish posted:

Having to pay €10 for a beer also seems dystopian, so it balances out.

Actually in 1984 gin was cheap and abundant :eng101:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Xun posted:

I feel like at least Sweden is more friendly than some parts of the US? In Texas you can get charged for possession. In Sweden possession is fine but it’s the dealers that get in trouble. Maybe the Texas is just highly hostile though lol

it's my understanding it's still a crime (the equivalent of a misdemeanor in america) that gets waived jail time the first offense if you go to "drug counseling" (for friggin weed)

whereas where i currently am, i would get a ticket - it's a civil infraction, i dont even have to say ive been convicted of a crime. realistically if im smoking in my home i wont be punished and even out and about if you're away from a busy area and apologetic there's a strong chance they won't even fine you. it's the lowest of priorities and usually only enforced if you're bothering others.

also, a funny pic about americans:

https://twitter.com/DanMentos/status/974860864367939584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

MagicAlex posted:

No it isn't.

Not when you’ve got the power of ibm