Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Zzulu posted:

Americans aren't really good at this "food" thing

Or anything else either, really. Except guns and military. I mean for goodness sake, this is the people that elected Donald to ultimate power in their country and most of them are heavily in debt and poor nowadays. Of course they're going to screw up basic stuff like food

Don't punch down.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Randaconda posted:

Oddly, considering the rest of his nature, Hitler was in no way a physical coward.

Hitler wasn't a coward in general. He used to get Goebbels to let spiders out at the window sometimes, but everyone's got their weak spots and spiders ARE pretty unnerving.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Karate Bastard posted:

Herman! Herr-mann! Heerrrrmaannnnnn!!!! :derp:

Joseph! Hitler could never count on Goering to undertake such delicate operations after an incident in May of 1942 when the Reichsmarschall was up to his eyeballs in painkillers and spent 47 minutes stalking a particularly large house spider around the room determined to capture it fully intact so it could be mounted as a trophy at Carinhall.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's like how they tried to train the British Home Guard to catch Nazi spies in disguise by approaching someone they expected of being a spy and shouting, "HEIL HITLER!" because no Nazi would be able to resist snapping to attention, doing a Nazi salute and replying in kind.

When Captain Sigismund Best was duped and captured by the SD he talked about how well he was treated. He said he wasn't surprised by this because Germans (and Europeans in general) just have an inherent sense of the superiority of the English and can't help being deferential toward them.

"The simple fact was that in their hearts these people regarded me as their superior; as a representative of a nation which they could not hope to equal. How often was I not to hear the statement that the English were a 'Herrnvolk' a race of masters. An inferiority complex is, I think, the most marked German characteristic. All the military pomp and martial posturing, the shouting and stamping, are just a smokescreen put up to conceal it. [...] Natural leaders, rare everywhere, are in Germany almost non-existent."

Surprisingly he doesn't mention the fact that him and his pal were carrying around a PLAIN TEXT list of SIS agents in Europe when they got nabbed and the Gestapo got everything else they wanted to know out of them without having to turn any thumbscrews or anything.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

one of my biggest pleasures in brexit is watching the english parliament, after centuries of being complete and utter tosspots and trying to inflict their self-ordained authority on the world by weight of arms, embarrassingly fail to grasp the fact that nobody thinks they are god's gift to civilisation, and they are not owed any sort of special compensation or treatment just because they used to have a navy. even the colonies are telling them to get hosed and they're expressing the same gobsmacked bewilderment that you'd expect from someone coming home from work only to find out that their front door is now a portal to the local KFC. now the poo poo's on the other shoe, you pompous twats

now I think you'll find it self evident that if you look at the utterly disgraceful state of the world right now you can trace it all back to the decline of the Empire, which, if the sun had still never set on, and God's Own Country had remained firmly holding the reins, things would all be running SHIPSHAPE AND BRISTOL FASHION

europe will realise this in time, misguided tots

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's verbatim what was described even the caption, wtf lol.

maybe they were thinking of

or

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

syscall girl posted:

and looking up, that mitchell and webb look, real good tv

are we the baddies rivals monty python's sketch about hilter

Sad that Robert Webb turned out to be transphobic.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

EoRaptor posted:

Like all gimmicks, the actual fact is they use a vertical conveyor cooker, where patties are placed in a slide at the top and are conveyed back and forth on inclined 'belts' of linked wire, being grilled from a heat source at the bottom and turned every time they drop from one conveyor to the next. After this process, they are also tucked into warming trays until someone orders a burger.

The liquid smoke taste you are tasting probably is liquid smoke added during the meat blending process.

No I worked at a burger king and there's a huge open fire pit they're roasted over

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

quote:

My parents were horrified. They didn't know quite how this came about; except that my mother, naturally, rushed over to the photographer. She said to him, “What is this? How did this happen?” And the photographer quickly sort of closed the door, pulled the blinds, and told her to...very quirely admonished her to keep quiet. And he says, “Shhh...I will tell you the following. I was asked to submit the...my ten best pictures for a beauty contest run by the Nazis. So were ten other outstanding photographers in Germany. So ten photographers submitted their ten best pictures. And I sent in your baby's picture.”

And my mother said, “But you knew that this is a Jewish child.” And the photographer said, “Yes.” And this is a quote that I have always...My parents say he said, in German, “Ich wollte mir den Spass erlauben”--”I wanted to allow myself the pleasure of this joke.” And then he told my mother, “And you see, I was right. Of all the babies, they picked this baby as the perfect Aryan.”

“I can laugh about it now,” the 80-year-old Professor Taft told Germany’s Bild newspaper in an interview. “But if the Nazis had known who I really was, I wouldn’t be alive.”

i think he probably should have asked the family first what they thought about him pranking the nazis with a photo of their baby with the epic troll that could have gotten them all killed

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Samuringa posted:

Kill all babies?

but who would possibly do something so outrageously evil...

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

The Bloop posted:

Lol it's almost as cute as the parody Hitler car I drive around in with the parody swastikas all over it.
that sounds great do you have any pic-

The Bloop posted:

(I do not actually do this)
oh :(

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

renounced their loyalty to the country

lol

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_bombing_debate

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

you can see the end, the end is right there

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Karate Bastard posted:

I could have said haha Trump sure doesn't look happy about shaking Obama's hand in that photo, I wonder if that's because he's an idiot racist? but guess I felt that wasn't funny enough to post? Otoh what I posted wasn't super funny either. Maybe I was unhappy with the election result and only had sesamy street edgelord humor in me. Whatever sometimes poo poo happens.

i'm going to ask you for a big favour here because i've been having a bad week but could you just try and think for even three seconds before you post and not be so mindlessly loving worm brained in the future even if it's just for one day, i would probably write you a genuine thank you letter knowing the incredible strain it would cause you

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Whybird posted:

I'm sure that Ed Milliband's heritage had absolutely no impact on the glee with which the very non-racist, extremely balanced British press reported that he wasn't able to eat a good, honest British bacon sandwich like a proper lad.

it really doesn't

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

HenryEx posted:

Also had a pretty good reinterpretation of "Carry on wayward son"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGQbe9mWZU&t=46s

this is great and proves that supernatural is good

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
i went to france and spoke only a tiny bit of very broken french, just enough to ask how much something cost and say please and thank you and everyone i met was very nice and smiley and happy to help :)

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Krankenstyle posted:

i watched Wolf Hall and enjoyed it, but that was entirely on the strength of Mark Rylance et al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kT2lMkhldc

Tbh I very much doubt the real Cromwell was even half as likable, very little indeed

lol how the hell do you watch Wolf Hall and still not realize that Oliver Cromwell and Thomas Cromwell are two different people

calling Oliver Cromwell English Hitler is silly too, people respect the Parliamentarian aspect and it's not like the other side was pro-Irish in any way at all.

ulex minor has a new favorite as of 08:13 on Aug 17, 2019

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can personally say that anyone with it as a birth year tends to change it as soon as they learn of the other association.

loving Nazi dipshits ruin everything. :sigh:

personally you sound like an idiot, fretting about being born in 1988 is the most ridiculous thing

i was born in '88 and at no point have i felt a need to obfuscate the fact - not least because 88 is the year of the Dragon :cool:

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The point isn't hiding the year you were born, it's that putting "88" in your username is a cryptofascist dogwhistle, so people who innocently do that because they were born in 1988 usually stop when they find out about the nazi thing.

this post convinced me to change my email to horstwesselisbae69

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Remember, the doctor's name was Frankenstein; the monster he created was Big Ben.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Memento posted:

Sometimes the shortest walk is "actually, we're already here!"

those burger king signs are far more objectionable than the Parteiadler

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is the kind of comment that can come back to haunt you.

you mean when BK has assembled their own para-militia? actually seems a reasonable thing to worry about hmm.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Inceltown posted:

How many restaurants that aren't catering to a white crowd are likely to open facetime by default when you try contact them to make a reservation do you think there are out there?

what

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Nalesh posted:

Wiki arguments are the best, the most famous one has to be the lion vs tiger fanboys one.

explain more please

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Paladinus posted:

Haha, there's a wikipedia article dedicated to this debate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_versus_lion

this has improved my day 1000% thank you

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yo, both shoe0nhead and Armored Skeptic are part of the "racist rear end in a top hat" community, maybe don't post anything about them.

it's a funny picture

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

JoelJoel posted:

I was gonna say you're waaaay off on this one, but then I read it again.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Mokinokaro posted:

internet Nazi account

this really has lost all meaning now hasn't it

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

HiroProtagonist posted:

I'm not here to defend lysenkoism but

down with lysenkoism, up with ly-mlem-koism

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

oldpainless posted:

David chappelle is, at his core, a dude who likes making jokes about race and big titties and became rich doing so

and jokes about the inherent hilarity of trans people

but why should he care at all? none of these big name comedians really need to bother about being 'cancelled' they can just keep on keeping on and enough people will tune in

he still made good jokes about other stuff, it's a shame he turned into a calcified mummy but maybe he can work that out into a good set

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

DicktheCat posted:

It feels like it doesn't matter who you are or what your you believe- Weird Al is the universal constant of people you can't hate.

I've met absolute assholes that still crack a smile at him.

Weird Al's songs are like almost all parody songs, very unfunny and bad. It's embarrassing to watch. Like Epic Rap Battles of History but even more for people over 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

that was pretty nice, thanks!

(and I'm sure weird al is a decent person and also technically skilled at, ah, polka if you're a real polka head and can endure that kind of thing)