Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Start each day with a handful of Flinstones Chewables, imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also a big proponent of LGBT rights. Dolly Parton rules.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy McPants posted:

You could say this about a lot of animal dicks. There's dongs with spikes, bifurcation, and literal bones. There are even explosive dinguses (ducks are rul weird). Nature is crazy and for whatever reason, humans have some of the most aesthetically uneventful wedding tackle in the entire animal kingdom.

Compared to every other species of ape, our dicks are enormous. Like, even compared to huge gorillas and poo poo.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

Heh heh heh ... Johnson.

Edit: oh :smith: RIP

Don't worry, the article about the Goatse dude dying was a stupid joke article, the Kirk Johnson who died this year was a guy who played the drums for Prince, and was very much not the Goatse dude.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sweetest day gets pushed in Cleveland, but I've never met anyone who wasn't a complete and utter moron that gave a poo poo about it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

budgieinspector posted:

Could well be; I thought "bullet wounds" because (A) they seem awfully uniform in size for skin lesions, (B) there seems to be at least one corresponding "exit wound" on his chest, and (C) guys who like to randomly shoot machine guns tend to hang out with other guys who like to randomly shoot machine guns, and it wouldn't be unheard of for a shootin' party to result in at least one casualty. Could totally be a coincidence, though; I'm no trauma surgeon.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (for some reason) and say they're paintball bruises.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FreudianSlippers posted:

When I worked in retail as a teenager there was this one old guy who'd come in and buy big ol' tubs of vaseline. One time he complained to me that the big ones were out of stock because the small ones weren't enough to "do the job". I did not ask what "the job" was.

It might just be an old person thing, but some people use it as face/body lotion. Sorry for an incredibly boring answer.

edit: Beaten while typing this up.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm just assuming anyone who thinks it's OK light reading is severely autistic and would also consider The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters OK light reading.

e: I'm pretty sure this is not what I meant to quote but :shrug:

The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters is at least whimsical and unpredictable. I'm guessing the penultimate chapter of Ready Player One isn't an incredibly detailed account of the protagonists going to Pizza Hut.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

I think the best part is nerds getting upset over how other nerds appreciate their favorites wrong. I'm lolling like motherfucker over here let me tell you :haw:

I just like making fun of stuff in current pop culture, especially on this forum based around making fun of stuff, and RPO is garbage that's basically been shoved in my face nonstop for the last year and probably at least the next few months so I'm going to have some fun with it. Sorry if that's hard to understand.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

What, did you people think dril was an actual person too?

His posts are jokes, but dril's an actual dude, not a Russian troll or a bot, so yes.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm very annoyed and disappointed with some recent Google searches today.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys wanna see Adam Sandler's first on-screen appearance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bfFNojAvI

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that I knew exactly what video that was going to be.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No joke, until a couple posts later when someone explained what Mastodon (the web site) was, I was briefly worried that something happened to Mastodon (the band). I'm old and sometimes technology confuses me and I care less and less every year.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

I dont like the strong vegetable aftertaste that taints everything it touches It does have a light heat which works for babies first hotsauce. fight me sriacha nerds.

It's really good as an alternative to the "flavor packet" in cheap instant ramen.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

What kind of animal is that?

A blonde raccoon. They're similar to albino raccoons, but they don't have red eyes and the markings are more visible. I follow a lot of Instagram weirdos who have raccoons.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

So you follow a bunch of Russian Instagrams? From what I've learned in the raccoon thread, Russians love their tubby pet trash pandas.

You know it!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason, those pictures reminded me of James Vipond's Poser comics, which IIRC includes a family of black Christian nudists at some point.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find that comic, but I was able to find his incredibly bizarre anti-smoking comic on the Bad Comics wiki ( http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/The_Easy_Breather ).

Sorry for the random page out of context, most of the pages contain "non-sexual" nudity.

edit: They appear in one of the story arcs in The Easy Breather, but I conflated his comic with Vipond's pitch for an "animated black family sitcom" http://wat.midco.net/jvipond/fanwork/abfs.html

Twitch has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Oct 5, 2018

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I can't wait to stay up til midnight on Halloween so I can post words in here without getting probed.

edit: gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hell, same.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm mostly just annoyed at the gross oversimplification of the story. It gets so much crazier than just the 200 foreskins, the Bible is wild.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

burial posted:

Wait, was somebody talking about owls?

(NEVER MISS AN OPPORTUNITY.)

I still think about this song on a near-daily basis.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

Turbografx16 Handheld

Game Gear and Turbo Express both had analog TV adaptors, so it's doable.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

do y'all live above movie theaters like quasimodo in notre dame? why the hell are you seeing a brand-new movie every month? i know you have internet, you're posting

Gotta find some excuse to leave the house for something other than work.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Friend and I used to rent....I can't remember, some Troma film from the local grocery store, occasionally. Was like...Nuk'em high or something? I just remember a talking squirrel got into some radioactive waste, got really giant and barfed on some guys.

It's either Class of Nuk'em High or Class of Nuk'em High 2. I'd generally recommend against revisiting Troma as an older adult, but I had a good local video rental store when I was a kid full of Troma and other weird poo poo.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dialhforhero posted:

gently caress you for reminding me about this.

I revisited Ravenous a couple years ago and it's still extremely good. Pretty much the only thing in the movie that's aged poorly is Jeffrey Jones, who still gives a great performance.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Stop having boners 🛑 ✋🏽

There's a group of guys on the Internet who are against having boners, and I think it's safe to say that the boners are the better decision.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't have the means to go to Internet meetups until after goonmeets stopped being a thing like they were back in the day, but I've met a few goons in real life. The weird thing is that I'm like exponentially more active on here than any of them.

DOMDOM posted:

Realtalk: there was awhile recently where I felt like the forums had shifted too far towards being PC and "safe". Then I fell down a helldump time portal and holy moly it was extremely cringe-worthy. I forgot how juvenile and obnoxiously homophobic the humor used to be. Can't lie, some of it was still funny, but it is good we moved on.

There was definitely a period where everyone seemed to do nothing but post clickbait news articles and act really angry about everything, maybe around 2013 or so. Then GBS swung way too far in the other direction. I think things are getting back to an okay place now that we're all old as poo poo and the worst people finally left.

As lovely as old SA was in retrospect, the fact that there was a paywall keeping out bots, enforced spelling, and any moderation at all put the forums heads and shoulders above 90% of the early 2000s Internet.

Twitch has a new favorite as of 18:30 on May 21, 2020

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber posted:

I've often wondered if there's any use for pasta water, but I haven't been able to come up with anything. Use it to make soup or rice?

I mix some in the tomato sauce when I make spaghetti, it supposedly makes it adhere to the pasta better.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

american ones?

there was a period where id brag about salmiaklakrids online but every american ive met has hated it.

Not me, I love pee pee licorice.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spookykid posted:

You gonna tell us what you're mumbling from the corner about there chief?

He got into a mild beef with Lady Gaga because she didn't want him doing a parody of one of her songs, which isn't really that bad, and I say that as someone who likes Lady Gaga alright.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Anime was never banned, it was posting hentai in ADTRW that was banned. The old forums were openly horny, and people try to sweep that under the rug.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Glad to see that Cumtown finally put out a comic series.

God dammit, I've been catching up on this thread on my lunch break for the express reason of making that joke.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is the implication that she's a half-woman half-car?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

... I could've sworn he died recently? Like seriously I'd have bet a lot of money on it. This is like the opposite of the usual meme thread announcement of some celebrity death.

Unfortunately, Chuck Mosley, the first singer from Faith No More, died a few years ago.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
jackass did horse cum drinking, but steve-o (? might have been pontious, it's in the second movie and i haven't watched it in a while) knew what he was getting into, also iirc it's one of the skits that ends with a bunch of them puking

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jokes on them, ive dedicated my life to being a fat boring piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
wrapping up the cat poo poo in a little baggie before putting it in the trash won't make a room smell less like a litterbox. it's why you put it in an out of the way room

I pick up dog poo poo in those fancy napkin things out of a dispenser, but then I put it in a shopping bag because I don't want the dog poo poo literally in my hand while walking back home.