Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Didn't they lose badly when they tried to claim they owned the term "space marine"?
They lost so badly they lost several other trademarks too. (Because they mishandled the case by unnecessarily bringing those trademarks up.)

This is why everything they do now has a new, weird-rear end name, they want to be sure they can trademark it. So skeletons are now "deathrattlers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phanatic posted:

Oh god can you please give me a link? Legal schadenfreude is awesome.
Afraid I don't have one, I was just following some thread in Traditional Games at the time it was happening.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

Is this some joke I'm just not getting?
Did you actually look at the feet?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

They are smooth as hell.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Is this the actual sign? I’ve seen it multiple times now in different pictures. There’s a Smashburger in the next town over but I haven’t been by there recently.
I believe there's another sign to the left and right that aren't in frame and the thing is split across them in a weird way.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Arachnea was so good at weaving that she said she could beat the Gods themselves. Athena was like "nuh-uh" and she was like "uh uh" so they had a weaving duel, and she did beat the Goddess so she was like "Well if you're so good at weaving then how about you weave for the rest of your life?" :smug: and turned her into a spider.
Didn't she weave a tapestry making GBS threads on the gods for all their, you know, poo poo like this or Zeus raping people and the like?

That was also undeniably better than Athena's thing, of course.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

He doesn't want the time machine from Back to the Future, he wants a car that looks like the time machine from Back to the Future.
He actually owns one, with a Mr Fusion prop on the back and poo poo, but it's also got Ghostbusters poo poo painted on it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... What logo is that on the steering wheel?

Fake edit:

You posted:

There is a Youtube "review" of driving a replica of K.I.T.T. and the guy doing the review is stoked as hell and playing up the experience until he got to drive it and soon realized that it's pretty much the absolute worst steering wheel imaginable. It's hard to take turns and uncomfortable to hold. The guy who made the replica agreed, saying that it's terrible to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93VlRnRPk9k&t=210s
Oh. Jesus christ.

Collateral Damage posted:

The Delorean is absolute garbage and if it hadn't been for BTTF it would have been nothing but a footnote in the large book of ill conceived automotive failures.
I believe that was supposed to be the joke in the original Back to the Future: the Delorean was known primary as a lovely car, so Doc Brown building his time machine on one was a real "stupid rear end mad scientist" thing to do. I haven't seen the film in a while but I think there's even a "You made a time machine out of a delorean??" line in there.

And then the movie turned out to be extremely popular, and here we are.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

You ain't wrong.

Also that RPO dudes car is loving stupid because it has the ghostbusters logo on it. That infuriates me way more than it should.
The Ghostbusters logo and the hazard tape stripe, and the steering "wheel" from KITT from Knight Rider. And a flight sim joystick or something for a stick shift.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

davebo posted:

Yeah people who assume it's pronounced like the G in "Graphics Interchange Format," that thing it's actually an acronym of, are dumb!
Yeah! Everybody knows acronyms are always pronounced like the letters they pull out of the words are! Just look at "laser" and "scuba"!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait, why is it only "Gay Man" and "Lesbian" that get divided up by gender? I mean, wouldn't it be useful to know if somebody's a Straight Woman or a Chinese Man if you're caring about that?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Presumably you'd check both boxes.
There's clearly only one box for the well-known sexual orientations of Bisexual, Heterosexual, and Chinese. :confused:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Smoke posted:

Bulgarian menus continue to amaze me with fun spelling errors.

I didn't realize that you could make bootleg knockoff cocktails. Or rather, that there was any reason to. What are the licensing fees like to be allowed o serve a Sex on the Beach or a Bloody Mary, anyway?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Can we stop the derail about what mozzarella is /who has the best cheese /which continent is better?
Antarctica is the best continent because it has the smallest quantity of humans on it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

This is funny to me because I just did that mission.
Mission, singular? You mean "every single time you run into a loving enemy helicopter" right? :ocelot:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, the shirt is on the t-shirt. You wear the t-shirt not the shirt, therefore t-shirt shirt.

EDIT: Aaaand, it's happened. "Shirt" no longer looks like a word to me.

It says "two wearing options", I think you can wear it as a t-shirt with a shirt stuck to the front, OR as a shirt with a t-shirt stuck to the back.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

1stGear posted:

James. Its 2018. You can come out now. We'll be happy to accept you however you want to be.
He's in a committed relationship with Jessie. I think they even had a kid. Dude just likes to crossdress, that doesn't mean he's gay.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ak Gara posted:

But Thor is his name? You can't change a persons name and decide on a new one just because they're from another country!

Ask Cassius Clay!
Yeah! That's why it should always be spelled ᚦᚢᚱ.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Besides, the real Galaxy Brain take is that Kubrick faked it, on location on the moon for authenticity.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

we do have bad bread. bread in butter is number one thing i hear from travelers that stomps american stuff.
... Bread... inside butter? Like, do you sell stick of butter with a bread core, or what here.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Making your "No Loitering" sign into a puzzle is a bold choice.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

mds2 posted:

"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.
-Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Master Twig posted:

Yes. Colgate did the same thing. Had like, 90% market share, stopped advertising, and now has only about a third of it.
I remember hearing that Guinness beer did this too, but they noticed in time and started advertising again.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC there was that controversy not too long ago in the NYC area about these cards that cops were giving out for getting out of tickets and how the system was being completely abused.
There's no way to do that without abusing it. It existing in the first place is abuse. :psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Caedus posted:

Anyone know where those come from? I would very much like to do a set of buttons for those, but I won't if there's a current owner of the brand or anything like that. If it's from some long-gone company tho, fair game.
I believe they're a modern art project. I don't remember who did them, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Besesoth posted:

I don't know what this is a reference to but I can't read the edit in any voice but Frank from IASIP.
That's Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T Squirrel, from Achewood.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

This is the first time I've seen it in English. For a while it was all in Sugondese.
henway

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, I don't know and now I'm curious.
It's like a lunchable only fancy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Nurse is MAN with a HOOK!
Excuse me it was

Moral: Nurse was a 'MAN'! With a 'HOOK'!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MizPiz posted:

IT'S loving SANIC

Because if there's one thing Sonic is known for, it's his good relationship with the cops.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Edit: If you're still asking why, it's because we're stupid enough to sellout our humanity to corporate interests but too """smart""" to let them try to do anything actually cool like develop battlemechs or make an internet you can literally plug your brain into
Oh people are trying it just turns out that those are really hard to do

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gripweed posted:

You are wrong. He led a campaign to get government funding pulled from an organization that helps trans children.
That's why Harris Bomberguy was doing the stream in the first place, in fact.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What the hell is "Salad" if "Cabbage" is listed separately

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

NtotheTC posted:

Uhhh Owl Butterfly Caterpillars can be up to 6 inches long so that tray might VERY WELL be as wide as 3 caterpillars mr “Amazon Customer".
Amazon Customer didn't say it was as long as three caterpillars. :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Data Graham posted:

Whereas I can't ever read it without thinking

Are you saying that picture isn't what east germany is like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Or are we going to find out you work for Disney like what happened in the schadenfreude thread last week?
... What happened in the schadenfreude thread last week?