Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Random Stranger posted:

I've got to quickly post a Cars that Ate Paris reference before anyone else gets to it...

It amazes me that a cult Australian film from 40 loving years ago is somehow so well know on the internet.

I grew up in Australia in the 70s and still have hardly ever met anyone who knows it exists, or knows the name and thinks it's a French movie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cartoon Man posted:

Please have a lengthy section on budgeting and taxes.

Because no I don't need to invest in one these right away:

Ponder for a moment that this was the one Colin Furze invention that terrified even him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k&t=24s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Vegemite.

Seriously. Cats absolutely love the stuff. We used it for every cat we ever had when it came time to to get them to eat pills.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

dpack_1 posted:

New Boston Album Cover Art is looking good.

Edit:

spent far too long in photoshop for this joke that 4 people will get.

Boston legit had the best cover art. If you collect their entire catalogue, they even make a story.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So which horrible British "blokes mag" was this culled from?

I remember there was a study done where people were asked to look at a series of quotes and determine whether they were from blokes mags or convicted rapists. Turns out, no, you can't tell the difference.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Mar 13, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Mmmm, classy bloke.

quote:

In February 1998, one of Brooker's one-shot cartoons caused the magazine to be pulled from the shelves of many British newsagents. The cartoon was titled "Helmut Werstler's Cruelty Zoo" and professed to be an advert for a theme park created by a Teutonic psychologist for children to take out their violent impulses on animals rather than humans. It was accompanied by photoshopped pictures of children smashing the skulls of monkeys with hammers, jumping on a badger with a pitchfork, and chainsawing an orang-utan, among other things

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

RyokoTK posted:

Seriously you'd need a bolt cutter one way or the other.

It's a Master lock, so all you'd need would be a shoe. Or maybe a bamboo skewer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yeah, Rob Reinhart himself tells people to throw out batches that get moldy.

No, really?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Gromit posted:

Anyone wants a pack of dubious Australian food should PM me their address. I'm happy to send you the suffering that is musk candy and Vegemite, or whatever else it is I find in the supermarket that sounds uniquely Australian. You won't get those nasty store-brand sticks that Amazon have, either.

Send them this horrible loving poo poo:

*Now with a lifetime supply of Vitamin B in every jar!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Munchables posted:

Are there restaurants in Oz that serve kangaroo meat?

You can even buy it at the supermarket. It's really not uncommon at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Of all the creatures in the world to use why the hell would you use one made from claws, teeth and piss?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I'm real excited about my care package now. Thanks, Gromit!

thomit

In a week or so we're going to come back to this post to see just how far your opinion has changed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Is there anything more pathetic than naming things after yourself like that?

I mean, sure company names get a pass, but a loving ballroom?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Should have just painted barricades in front of it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Who even has an Ace of Base t-shirt?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Assemble it in Mexico, freeze and ship it Stateside. Then heat it up in industrial microwaves and dump on floor in front of customers to eat off the floor like a animal.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hihohe posted:

Im telling people McDs is gonna morph into The Nutrient Receiving for Ingestion place. Where the building is just a room filled with tables under food anuses that dispense a nutrient rich paste (it has everything the lower class laborer needs for continued survival (it tastes like chicken nuggets)).

Sounds like a Fatties contest.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Great Burrito posted:

At least it's not a 2010-era iPhone conversation I guess. I still just assume every clever or funny text is from a generator though.

I liked the wreath one

I liked the "Can't find my phone" one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

So triggered right now :tumblr:

Actually had to 'dial' like that when I was a kid and it was so easy to gently caress up and have to start over.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

And almost without noticing, a sub editor creates the greatest burn on Trump the world has ever seen.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I wish my supermarket was selling white chocolate Kit Kats.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Wasn't there a king who got assassinated while on the toilet/garderobe?

Killer climbed up the poo poo pipe with a loving spear and when the king sat down to do the needful, so did he.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

syscall girl posted:

Lol are you thinking of game of thrones?

No, Edmund II, though the account is disputed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pakled posted:

Old timey medicines were hardcore.

I've just gotten over a week and a half of the flu and what I would have given for a nuclear grade cough syrup to help me sleep.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

"Okay guys, so it turns out we've been wrong all this time. It wasn't the salt water ruining the paint."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It really annoys the jockeys.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ziv Zulander posted:

If you hold it in long enough, it'll start coming out the other end

Sadly, this is true and a loving horrifying way to die as it's usually associated with some late stage bowel cancers.

You die in agony chocking to death on your own poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
To make up for that, have this:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Triarii posted:

It's pretty clearly AYNrMAL ANI US

I was thinking ANIMALAND US where it's a portmanteau of animal and land. And in the US.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Merriam Webster has the best Twitter feed which is something no one in the world ever expected to say about a dictionary.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

morallyobjected posted:

mods please change my name to Belligerently Unresponsive

It describes my first marriage perfectly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

spog posted:

The RC planes in SA was actually impossible on the first release due to a bug with the fuel consumption. Even when fixed, it merely became bloody hard.

But the mission you got as a reward was loving incredible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I sat and waited on rooftops to make it easier to take off again. Got them all second try :smuggo:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Seriously.

I bought a copy of Dhalgren strictly because of the cover. I've read it cover to cover 3 times, and I still can't quite wrap my head around it.

I was the same when I first saw the album art for Red Sails in the Sunset.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Phlegmish posted:

A common theme is incongruous guns

"Women laughing while eating salad" is practically its own genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bogan King posted:

I do mind. Not because you reposted it but because Pence hosed a horse and that is deeply troubling.

Senator McCain?