Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

thecluckmeme posted:

The Russians didn't so much send a dog into orbit than they put a dog in a metal coffin and launched it into space

Well at least the pig survived

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaeFr1OMJvY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Kennel posted:

Horse tools.

Wouldn't this behavior reclassify horses as one of the handful of species that are intelligent enough to use tools? This is a shocking development.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wow, you're right, it's like an optical illusion. That's some magic-eye poo poo right there

twoday
May 4, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Speaking of clowns

SCP-2170

Clown motel

what the hell is this

twoday
May 4, 2005

vodka and crystal pepsi (aged 30 years)

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wouldn't space marines be genetically modified and jacked up on steroids? It kind of makes sense.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Hey man, i think those memes are as stupid as the next person does, but don't forget that you're the guy that posts anime on every page. Glass stones and all that.

Sure the anime is annoying, but don't forget about all that random 70's sci-fi art

Edit: sorry, that was mean. Here's a picture:

twoday has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Aug 13, 2017

twoday
May 4, 2005

RoboRodent posted:

Total $71.19

What the hell other atrocities did this monster order?

It's extra bacon all the way down.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Technically he's from the British Isles

twoday
May 4, 2005

People stil had water in the countryside, but in larger cities fresh water was hard to come by. I know a lot about Dutch history, and in The Low Countries there was tons of water in the canals, but they all essentially functioned as a giant open-air sewer, so small beer was the norm in the 17th century. This is also a later period than these articles address, when larger cities developed and the spread of urbanization made this a larger problem. Nowadays the water in Amsterdam's canals is changed daily when they open the water locks at night, but in that time it was more like once a week, and you can imagine how undrinkable the rivers of sewage would be after a week in the summer heat. There are no springs in this swampy land, so it's either beer, sewage, or rainwater. Luckily it rains here often, so there was at least some water to drink, if you don't mind mind drinking rainwater collected in a moldy barrel in the middle of a city where the air is filled with soot.

So if anything the myth is that this is a medieval phenomenon, when it was actually an early modern one. These people are looking at the wrong period for their mythbusting evidence.

Edit: don't forget that smoking a pipe is good for you because the dry hot air counteracts the dampness of your body in the winter and helps balance the humors

twoday has a new favorite as of 22:46 on Sep 16, 2017

twoday
May 4, 2005

Steven King isn't a real person, you idiots. Nobody can write that much. The body of work attributed to Steven King was written by the one true historical Steven King as well as many other ghost writers who wrote in his style and and had their works published under his name as a marketing tactic. He's like the mall Santa of modern literature.

The real Steven King died when he got hit by a car in an alcohol and cocaine induced haze in the 80's.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

You don't seriously think these are both men, do you?

Women can be dudes too, bro

twoday
May 4, 2005

Gals can be bros too, toots

twoday
May 4, 2005

dumb. posted:

I'm the ONE oval office WOLF PACK :c00lbert:

Someone already took that one, you've now been demoted to LICK MY DISCHARGE

twoday
May 4, 2005

"I LICK RAPE PUSSY" is more confusing than anything

twoday
May 4, 2005

Oh my god, I always wondered what that was for

twoday
May 4, 2005

Those wars are long over. Now everything is a sandwich.

twoday
May 4, 2005

He reminds me of a jolly chimneysweep bursting into song

twoday
May 4, 2005

What’s funny about this? I remember going down to the Burlington Cheese Coat Factory every few years as a kid, down by the rock fort, across from the Stilton Inn

twoday
May 4, 2005

PYF Funny Picture: Even at their smoothest, when stroking away from the ampullae of Lorenzini at 0 degrees relative to an imaginary longitudinal line along the vertical middle of the body of the shark, they're only "pretty smooth," and definitely not the smoothest thing known to exist.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I think Guy Goodbody is just really easily amused and the rest of us are overstimulated cycnical assholes

I wish I could get a chuckle out of looking at a bird

twoday
May 4, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Actually, and I say this in a non-sarcastic manner, I think adding a very serious caption of why you find each picture funny would be amazing.

Same

twoday
May 4, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a lot going on here. First off, Steven Seagal is old and fat and has a goatee that looks like he tried to eat the middle out of a donut but it got stuck. Secondly, he's a Native American now. He used to be Asian and would wear Tang suits in public, but now he's Native American. Thirdly, any image is made both better and funnier by having a semi-transparent wold head in the background. Imagine that photo of the monk burning himself. Now imagine that photo but somebody has photoshopped howling wolf heads into it. Fourthly, not only has Steven Seagal written a book, but he co-authored it with Tom Morrissey of The Smiths. Fifthly, the incredibly incongruous Joe Arpaio introduction. Now, Joe Arpaio is a murderer and terrible person, so some may find that to kill the humor of the image. I understand that. But I think it's important. It gives the whole image a deeper, more complex flavor and humor. Much like the Umeboshi traditionally served with Japanese meals.

And sixthly, the final and most important piece, is information not contained in that image. The Way of the Shadow Wolves: The Deep State and the Hijacking of America by Steven Seagal and Tom Morrissey with introduction by Sherrif Joe Arpaio, is a novel.

gg, gg, keep it up

There was an episode of chapo trap house devoted to a critical reading of this last week and it was hilarious.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hey, why’d you take my glasses? What are you doing? Kramer, don’t pull that lever! Kramer! You’re a van Buren boy, remember? Kraaaammmmerrrrr

twoday has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Jan 7, 2018

twoday
May 4, 2005

Disclose it comrade, have you seized this image file from chairmanlol.com?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Honk off if you love Jesus

twoday
May 4, 2005

Samuringa posted:

The Octopus brain looks like a tiny octopus itself, so, technically, they already are a mech.

what the gently caress

That’s absolutely horrifying.

twoday
May 4, 2005

“worst” is the Dutch word for sausage

twoday
May 4, 2005

Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfaaVRjHh70

This woman must be tiny

twoday
May 4, 2005

The Dutch word for Porpoise is zeevarken, meaning "sea-pig"

They are like dolphins, but stupid

twoday
May 4, 2005

Is it true, as some have theorized, that every land animal has an equivalent in the sea?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know it's the internet and we're all anonymous strangers, you don't know my life story. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and let you talk to me like I don't know about drinking pee.

Yo, what is fish crew?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Sorbo is rightwing?

DISAPPOINTED

twoday
May 4, 2005

I don’t get it

twoday
May 4, 2005

Battletech for Sega Genesis is the best 2 player cooperative sci-fi tactical combat experience yet developed, change my mind

twoday
May 4, 2005

Ideally you want it to be delivered over a long distance so that the fries and lettuce attain a soggy texture, and you should eat it while just waking up at 5 pm, totally hungover, with 2 cans of coke on the side because you were too braindead to order a full bottle

twoday
May 4, 2005

Well, how else are you going to be able to consume your medicinal whiskey while at a high security event??

twoday
May 4, 2005

Came across this while doing my regular bimonthly search for new information on the benefits of eating horse meat and related products:

twoday
May 4, 2005

I’m pretty sure it’s a fake gimmick account, guys.

https://twitter.com/GailWalden6/status/932412536133160961?s=20

It’s a whole genre, check out Martha:

https://twitter.com/MarthaGordon123/status/974060666184241152?s=20

https://twitter.com/MarthaGordon123/status/910650050145128448?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Look, there is no reason to be discouraged, wine mom Twitter is real and we are all looking for it together and I do honestly believe that we can find it one day, and even if we don’t isn’t it more about the journey than the destination?