Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Mogomra posted:

On top of that, he got himself banned on SS too. The guy has a hugely over inflated sense of self importance from what I can tell.
His rap sheet is illuminating

RagnarokAngel posted:

Lobotomies were uncomfortably common at the time. They were being touted as this new cure-all for any behavioral problems and it's terrifying that that was a thing.
I get the impression that even though lobotomies were 100% bullshit, they were shilled hard and doctors assumed that other doctors had peer reviewed it so it turned into a landmark "never again must we allow this" ethics tragedy. But its really very simple when you know which part of the brain contains the little mustachioed rear end in a top hat:

I used to want to edit it and change those to forums but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Brewmaster posted:

Yeah...and the Irish history with police is, shall we say, complicated at best. What a strange fellow.

He is simply proud of his heritage as an ethnic and religious minority immigrant, and is encouraging such communities to act and vote as a political bloc in order to gain representation in local government and law enforcement. What other sane interpretation is there?

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Sep 8, 2017

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

someone post the inevitable and undoubtedly extant "Virgin Island Tropical Depression vs Category 5 Hurricane Chad" picture

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Yes, but your dog and goat cant be modularly equipped with anti-tank weapons. So who's laughing now?

I'm disappointed that nobody posted:

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Many actors have aged badly, but at least they aint poor ol' Hoggle

though tqbh Jareth is catching up

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Biplane posted:

Vice admiral Mike Shoemaker, the commander of Naval Air Forces, said in a statement: “Sophomoric and immature antics of a sexual nature have no place in Naval aviation today.” Lmao

I forget where this is from but

quote:

I was on a boomer, and what you're referring to is when the sub goes 'on alert'. And although I can't tell you where we went, because I was in engineering and never knew where we were or cared, I'll give you a hint: Someplace boring. Seriously when we went silent and slow and waited for nuclear war was the most boring crap ever. We never did anything. Eat and sleep and stand watch. One time the Officer of the Deck got really bored on the midwatch and drove the sub in a very peculiar pattern. I looked at the 'plot' thing up on the bridge and he had drawn a dick in the water over the past 6 hours. That's the big secret. When you don't know where a Trident is, it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere drawing a huge 8 mile long dick.

unrelated picture:

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Memento posted:

With a little work this could be an excellent example of the Berryman Logical Image Technique

Yay for the reference! Which reminds me, there's one type of simple optical illusion that makes me ill:

I don't know if it's just me, but it makes me instantly dizzy and uncomfortable. I just cannot bear to look at it, it short-circuits something in my brain's facial recognition center or something and everything goes blurry. I wonder if you could use it as a test for prosopagnosia, like the Thatcher effect.

lol I used to use that pic as a basilisk while playing TF2. I'd spray it on a wall and wait for people to come around the corner and see it, then jump out and set them on fire while they were doing a double-take.

On an unrelated note, the 2007 attack on Glasgow Airport led to my favorite terrorism-related news headline:

It is illustrative of the nature of the Scots, and Glaswegians in particular, that when police arrived at the scene of the attack they had to rescue the terrorists. In the article one of the witnesses says "We'll set about ye", a memorable quote that definitely belongs on a badass coat-of-arms.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

I've got a little collection of Gadsen flag edits, so that if I ever find myself in a multiplayer civilization strategy game I can have a rotating pool of flags appropriate for an upstart rebellious colony.

and the one that would be my final choice:

yeah I'd march under that banner

unrelated: "Brian_Blessed_Leaves_Phillip_Stunned_After_Revealing_The_Size_Of_A_Gorillas_Penis_This_Morning_capture_36m.36s.jpg"

the man has some stories to tell

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Lechtansi posted:

If you haven't seen the Animatrix, do so. It's basically a bunch of stories of people loving around in the Matrix.

It reveals the big twist, that humans were the bad guys all along & the whole point of the Matrix is to keep humans from destroying the earth and killing everything yet again. Nobody remembers that Zion were the villains though because the Animatrix & the Architects speech were boring. Apparently they're going to retcon the whole series.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Mr Havafap posted:

Again you need to educate yourselves, there are actually several cultural identities in Britland, there the Gammons, the Chavs, the Tories, a plethora of football Hooligans and many more. They all together make up the wondrous mix of nations of Englain of which yes, some are Harry Potters.

Additionally, spides

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

This made me realize that my brain has begun interpreting every overly-emojiied tweet as a The Saddest Rhino post.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

poor freckles, thought of rainbows and died

Its not the color of the rainbows that bothers the horse, it's the shape.

Lots of animals, especially the runny kind, won't walk on horizontal bars. Painting the ground with contrasting horizontal stripes is a common cattle control technique, used to keep animals from crossing in places where you can't use barbed wire, like roads. It's actually impressive that the horses were able to get across them like 'oh gently caress-gently caress-gently caress-made it!'.

So prob. not worth painting street stripes to coral mounted cops, even though their horses would really hate it.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

You can apparently achieve the same effect with flags.

which cspam Napoleon will arm us with pikes and attack an armory like John loving Brown

gently caress YOU, SHEEP

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 17:11 on Apr 30, 2021

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Phy posted:

I think it was Neil who was on the boards and left

I want to say helldump was giving him poo poo but I can't check saclopedia from the awful app

Yeah Helldump was giving him poo poo, so he trolled the thread by pretending to be the most famous and egotistical celebrity ever. It was hilarious, the dumpers lost their poo poo and got themselves probed, but it worked a little too well and an annoyed mod perma'd him. One of many permas that ought to be reviewed and rehabilitated by the new regime.

edit: gently caress, beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

He even looks bad for a composite Stooge. I once had an AI art program create a generic Stooge and the result was better looking than any of the individual Howard boys:

But when I tried that with the Marx Brothers, the exact opposite thing happened: