Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
how does an aussie ask for the dinner bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Dreddout posted:

loving Photographers

The stick is on the wrong side of the forks in the last frame. It's staged. :ssh:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

trapped mouse posted:

Both Wikipedia and internetlivestats.com have Iceland above Norway percentage wise.

Also, what's the deal with your gimmick? Why do you need to include a fact with every picture? Just start another thread for it if you like random trivia that much.

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING TO INTRINSIC FIELD MARSHAL FACTS. TO UNSUBSCRIBE, PLEASE REPLY WITH 'UNSUBSCRIBE'.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

"TO INFINITY... AND THE DONG!"

spookykid has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Aug 3, 2017

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Oh. My. God.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ96jyfefCk

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Dude is a savant of dual wielding. Some of his other videos are just eerie just how good a shot he is.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

FFT posted:

idgi

brilliant earthworks to avoid slides and whatnots but

how is it funny

It's Guy Goodbody, it's a schtick, and one he keeps getting probed for because he won't just make a mildly interesting pictures thread.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Rolo posted:

There was a legit exhibit over the “who tripped [soccer player]” thread.

Link? I want to see this and a general google search doesn't turn it up :/

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's the sound of multiple police.

That's the sound of the bees.

Ladies and gentlemen, the first funny GGB post in the funny pics thread. A joke 24 years in the making. A fuckin Christmas goddamn miracle.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Why is guy goodbody not punished for making GBS threads this thread up day after day?

Because PYF.

E he caught a loving day for it on the 28th of last loving month. Seriously. Jesus Christ someone, just fix this.

spookykid has a new favorite as of 10:35 on Dec 31, 2017

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
When he's not posting anime tiddys, and is dropping explanations for why a semi-mundane pic is funny, I actually really enjoy it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Tumblr's seem to die off with some regularity, so they just end up as dead links some times.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
https://twitter.com/AnthonyTroli/status/941734958137094144

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Homeboy must work in a radar/EMI rich environment.

Seriously though I worked in an EMI-heavy shop of 65 dudes and 3 women, and of the babies born to the folks in our shop, ~97% were girls.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Blind Rasputin posted:

RP1 was way too heavy handed with the nostalgia and his fawning over some girl all the time was cringe worthy. If you want to read a book about a dystopian future where people live in virtual worlds via VR headsets I recommend The Peripheral by William Gibson. That was a very good book that owned on many levels.

Seconded. Book is quite good, and definitely the direction I could see the American South going in a few decades.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Don't doxx me Liartown!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

“Your rear end is all hosed up, and you got problems with your rear end.“

A quote I reference to this day.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Memento posted:

As long as they're fresh out of the shower I'm not discriminating

https://i.imgur.com/mlbYNxe.mp4

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

imposter_syndrome.jpg

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Memento posted:

Speak for yourself

seriously, the patreon is a good way of supporting, if everyone logged in right now gave $1/month it would be more than enough to keep these dead forums ticking

Didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks user Memento! This is like a telethon but I don't have to listen to hours of obnoxious people after I donate.

Wait.

poo poo.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Dude is training to be the guy that gets clobbered with a pool cue in a Jackie Chan movie and the cue just breaks and the dude just turns his head to look at the attacker and smile.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Aleph Null posted:

Don't big-rear end planes have to be going a certain speed for lift to overcome their massive weight? Like, if you slow down, you are a brick.

The words you are looking for are "stall speed".

Helos and autorotation are a thing, but you are not going to move forward much at all, you are just going to go into the ground at a slower speed than if you just dropped.

With fixed wing aircraft, you have what's called the glide ratio, which is a number of feet the aircraft can move forward before dropping a foot in altitude (while at it's optimal glide speed). If you can maintain your optimal glide speed, you may be able to do things like fly 45 miles and save the lives of yourself, your crew, and your 69 (nice) passengers ooooor, you could flameout both your engines due to unforseen icing, and dead-stick your way all the way to NOLA from way out over the Atlantic, all at 29 years of age and posessing only one eye.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're an Alaskan bush pilot then stall speed is just one of those things you pull out of your bag of tricks on the reg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilfd1t4gHCo

If you're an Alaskan bush pilot playing low-stall-speed games, I'm probably the one fixing the aircraft that come save your stupid rear end when you hit a microburst 50' off the ground and endo your stupid Super Cub into a remote river bank some where.

loving hotdogging bush pilots are the worst, but you never see the videos of them getting their poo poo wrecked on youtube. They keep me employed I guess.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

"I'm gonna stab 'im."

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Jamesman posted:

Some anime tropes are bad and potentially unique to the style, but anime itself is too broad to dismiss the whole thing.

Ranma's a pretty silly show filled with sitcom premises, ridiculous fight scenes, and cheezy plotlines about unrequited love leading to ridiculous fight scenes. It's like if Family Matters was a cartoon.

And following in the footsteps of American shows, it got cancelled right as it was getting real good.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Guy Goodbody posted:

guys, there's words written on the car. That's the funny part

I was going to reply in this vein. The juxtaposition of 200 year old German philosophical musings and a donk on 32's is where it's at.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

YOU GUYS THE MOUTH PART COMES OFF

"NO ONE CARED WHO I WAS UNTIL I PUT ON THE MASK"

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

sunken fleet posted:

Is that true? I tried to google it a bit but didn't find anything

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/aircraft-detection-radar-1917-1940/

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Baron von Eevl posted:

So did you get a family discount buying the one designed after your mom or..?

With the shipping costs for an item that size, it would have all come out even.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Comptroll The Forums posted:

just lol if you don't long for the day when Spirit Airlines starts stacking passengers like firewood so you can fly to Vegas for $10.

if they gas me like in the 5th Element man I'm 100% down with that

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
"before and after joining the company"

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Article is misleading, current favorite is 409 Beadnose, and she is a hefty girl:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Rolo posted:

Feels like they’re trying too hard to make a new Gangnam/Fortnite/WithYourBestMates meme thing.

Little Big has been doing strange video poo poo for literal years. They don't want to be Gangnam, they want to be Yolandi and Ninja.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Facebook Aunt posted:

e: poo poo, funny pictures thread. Um.

Yeah, but the extended universe stuff is pretty wild.

Like Limbo. If Original Sin exists then even newborn babies are sinners. And if all sinners go to hell, then newborn babies that die go to hell. Maybe stillbirths and miscarriages, if they have souls (some think you don't get a soul until your first breath). Catholics have baptism take place shortly after birth which is supposed to be some sort of patch that keeps tiny children saved but not saved saved until they reach the age of understanding and can get for real saved. But still, some babies die before that happens. Which would leave tiny infants in eternal conscious torment for the Original Sins they inherited . . . which is an uncomfortable theological position. But obviously they can't go to heaven either. So a long while back the catholics invented Limbo, a place where unbaptised babies could go for an eternity of bliss and isolation. Then a few years back the pope said Limbo probably doesn't exist, we don't know what happens to the babies but we hope for mercy.

2000 years of people going "but what about?" and then trying to fill in the blanks with whatever sounds close enough.

In the ream of grognarding the system, the Catholic church has nothing on Orthodox Judaism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS