Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Though the beautiful Michel is gone, it is clear his spirit remains in the heart of Les Habitants organization.

So as March comes upon us, a bunch of trades happened. TSN Trade Tracker can get you caught up on all the action, but let's look at the teams who really deserve to be laughed at. Starting with, of course, The Montreal Canadiens.

In: F Andreas Martinsen, F Steve Ott, F Dwight King, D Brandon Davidson, D Jordie Benn
Out: F Sven Andrighetto, F David Desharnais, D Greg Pateryn, 2017 4th-round pick, 2018 conditional 4th-round pick

There is not a ton of value in that out section but for drat sure there's a lot more going out than coming in. Steve Ott is one of the bottom 10 players in the league right now and Andreas Martinsen is not far behind. It takes skill to trade your trash for someone else's trash, and actually go down in value. Usually you overvalue your own trash, not other peoples'. Marc Bergevin gets a big fat F.

Another big loser who provided lots of laughs are the Calgary Flames.

In: D Michael Stone, F Curtis Lazar, D Mike Kostka
Out: 2017 2nd-round pick, 2018 3rd-round pick, 2018 conditional 5th-round pick, D Jyrki Jokipakka

Again not a ton of value going out, but oh my god how do you trade for Curtis Lazar?!?!?! Michael Stone isn't good and that was a questionable trade, but it looks like they stole Stone right out of Phoenix in the middle of the night compared to giving up a second round pick for Lazar, who will almost definitely be protected in the expansion draft to make this one even worse.

And last but not least, proving that sometimes you can lose without even trying, the New York Islanders. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. And you still have Jaroslav Halak.

Hockey is cool. Let's go hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I approve of this thread title. Oh I do.

Also, for the remainder of the season, I'm pulling for the Wild. Dunno, probably because they're the only team I can get without having to pay more money.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps own, Shattenkirk owns.

Oh loving god we're still gonna lose in round 2... :suicide:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Curtis Lazar is going to turn it all around and make Ottawa look foolish.

nah

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

nah

they don't need help doing that

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dallas is dead. Lost season, and all that.

Imma follow the fancy cats down the stretch. Who's fun in the west rn? I was enjoying watching Winnipeg bust heads but they're also dead now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

they don't need help doing that

Hey at least we sold Lazar before his value went to zero.

And the odds are the J guy is better than Borowiecki.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Hey at least we sold Lazar before his value went to zero.

And the odds are the J guy is better than Borowiecki.

the Lazar deal is unbelievable to me. I get that there is the idea he has this massive amount of untapped potential, but he put up bottom line numbers both in normal and fancy stats, he has taken an unbelievable step back this season, and nothing about his development indicates there is much left to come

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just so this doesn't get lost:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vegas is now allowed to do the following:

quote:

They can make trades involving prospects and amateur draft picks. They also can sign eligible college free agents once they become available, junior players 20 and older, and free agents from European leagues.

The Golden Knights are not permitted to acquire a player with an active NHL contract until that player completes this season. They also will not be able to make agreements with teams to claim or not claim a player in the NHL Expansion Draft until the team they are negotiating with is done playing this season and the player is no longer eligible to play in the American Hockey League.

The Golden Knights will be placed between the second- and third-to-last teams in the waiver priority order from today through Oct. 31.

https://www.nhl.com/news/golden-knights-officially-join-nhl-can-make-deals/c-287272940?tid=277548856

Any Vegas goons out there getting excited? :geno:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 1, 2017

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I hope this doesn't get lost in all the trade stuff, but it's time to get creative goons:

I have the following items that I don't need anymore. I don't want money for them, I want you to get creative. I will accept trades, humiliating public acts, whatever you see fit that is worthy of these great and wonderful items (I know realistically a flaming bag of cat poo - a small one at that - is probably the going rate, but maybe someone really wants this for some kind of reason). That last time I did this I got a kick rear end personalized art project from Stickarts - am excited to see if I get any offers here. So without further adieu...who wants these babies?

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!

The hat looks a little dusty but that's just because its a little dusty. The jersey is in great shape, the only blemish is a small stain near the Koho patch on the left sleeve. The hat is also in great shape and comes from a Lice-free head.

So let's do this...tell me what you would do for these fine hockey items. I will pay for shipping to the US and Canada as well as APO/FPO. And who knows...this kind of thing usually comes with some surprise feebies (like a keychain or Steve Ott).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Good luck clearing out some Stock, Flyinglemur

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Matt Zerella posted:

I see what you did there and I like it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Matt Zerella posted:

:dadjoke:

And I approve

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

nah

I still like Lazar from his Oil Kings days so I hope he's able to turn it around, but at the same time he's now with Calgary so I hope he doesn't. Why couldn't he just go to a non-Edmonton team I didn't hate so I could just 100% hope for him? :smith:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I didn't realize Mark Streit was 39 so i guess the Pens went all in on old dudes this year.

"Well it worked when we got Cullen..."

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Thought maybe the haul would be a bit better for Stevie Y, but he did what was necessary in prep for the expansion draft, so I ain't too mad.

I'll miss you Mark Streit, for the 5 seconds you were on the team.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

would i be right in assuming holland is a cheap date? bc i have a feeling he couldve gotten more than that for vanek.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
now that the TDL is over and donskoi is coming back from injury this is how I think the sharks should shake out, the top three lines sharing basically equivalent ice time

hansen-thornton-pavelski
meier-couture-donskoi
marleau-hertl-labanc
boedker-tierney-ward

vlasic-braun
martin-burns
dillon-schlemko

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs lose by failing to trade Polak. Did GMs watch the last playoffs and notice how godawful he was with the Sharks or what?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm curious to see where Quincey fits in in Columbus. With the D looking like this:

Werenski-Jones
JMFJ-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara
Quincey
Harrington

Does Quincey slot in alongside Nutsack? Murray's the weakest link in the Top 6, both from what I've seen and illustrated by:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/837075230971457538

...the fact that he was seen as possibly expendable.

A Korpisalo trade would've been interesting as it would've required another goalie to be brought in because Forsberg's not going to work at backup. Korpikoski (Korpi II?) will probably be in the lineup until Calvert gets back, at which point we see what happens to him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The press box.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

the teams who really deserve to be laughed at. Starting with, of course, The Montreal Canadiens.

In: F Andreas Martinsen, F Steve Ott, F Dwight King, D Brandon Davidson, D Jordie Benn
Out: F Sven Andrighetto, F David Desharnais, D Greg Pateryn, 2017 4th-round pick, 2018 conditional 4th-round pick

The Habs need cap space. Martinsen, Ott and King are all off the books at the end of the season.
The Habs have 5 2nd rounders in the next two years. They also have their firsts and thirds.
Are they terrible pickups that indicate a bad train of thought from the GM? Yes. Should the Habs be mocked for it? Yes. Is this the sign of a franchise going from "decent, playoff second round" fodder to "garbage, 50 years of no cup" fodder? No.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I'm okay with this if they're making space to sign Radulov.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Maybe Ott would injure himself and Shaw during a practice.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

eXXon posted:

Leafs lose by failing to trade Polak. Did GMs watch the last playoffs and notice how godawful he was with the Sharks or what?

I have this sinking feeling Lou is going to sign him to an extension this off season.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

MononcQc posted:

I'm okay with this if they're making space to sign Radulov.

It's Galchenyuk I'm worried about. He's going to want like 6-7m a year for 4-5 years. Beaulieu, Nesterov and Radulov have to be resigned and they're all going to want big pay rises. Then there's the possibility of Markov wanting to go around a couple more times.
None of this is cheap. If the cap stays flat, Habs are in trooooouble.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
I just wonder if this trade will end Martinsens NHL career. He was barely good enough for the Avs. But I do suspect he could be better with better team mates. He has a good shot, and is pretty good at defending (lots of experience with team Norway). His major downside is that he doesn't read the game good enough on the offense, at least in my opinion. Still cool to have a guy from my area of the world on the Canadiens.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

now that the TDL is over and donskoi is coming back from injury this is how I think the sharks should shake out, the top three lines sharing basically equivalent ice time

hansen-thornton-pavelski
meier-couture-donskoi
marleau-hertl-labanc
boedker-tierney-ward

vlasic-braun
martin-burns
dillon-schlemko

Hansen hasn't played a game at LW in his career. He's a RW through and through.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Once they decided they were buyers they were never going to trade a veteran off the team.

FWIW I think Lou and Babs 100% believe Polak is a valuable part of the team. I don't necessarily think they'll sign him again but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
how do you cheer for a team? i need to be a sharks fan but all i know how to do is pray your goaltender looks like an rear end in a top hat and you lose 9-1

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Schlesische posted:

It's Galchenyuk I'm worried about. He's going to want like 6-7m a year for 4-5 years. Beaulieu, Nesterov and Radulov have to be resigned and they're all going to want big pay rises. Then there's the possibility of Markov wanting to go around a couple more times.
None of this is cheap. If the cap stays flat, Habs are in trooooouble.

I don't know about Nesterov. I saw him just give up the puck to forecheckers to avoid physical contact a couple of times.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Awwwwww I got my first thread title :3:

Also I am completely whelmed by the Bruins Drew Stafford pick up I guess I dunno :shrug::effort::smith:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Verviticus posted:

how do you cheer for a team? i need to be a sharks fan but all i know how to do is pray your goaltender looks like an rear end in a top hat and you lose 9-1

start here https://www.nhl.com/sharks/sharkie/finatical-kids-club

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

eXXon posted:

I dunno, the deal they got for Brian Boyle was p good

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 2, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the best thing about being at last nights flyers game was when they advertised hats in their shop were now 30% off lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

the best thing about being at last nights flyers game was when they advertised hats in their shop were now 30% off lol
They usually do a sale when a player gets a hat trick, but they must've felt bad about the false alarm

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

in exchange for the PJ Stock jersey I will tweet to PJ Stock that the value of a PJ Stock jersey is one tweet to PJ Stock about the value of his jersey and tweets and whatever

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

duke recalled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Start winning Rangers I want that 4th seed baby

• Locked thread