Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1358543407392509952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That's... not very good.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That's... not very good.

Don't be a dick. She looks great, even if the cosplay isn't 100% accurate, and she's clearly having a great time with it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That's... not very good.

White dress, flower, black hat, cleavage. She's captured the spirit of the character pretty effectively

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That's... not very good.

Yo is this you?

https://twitter.com/KtotheC92/status/1358697611960672258?s=20

im dumb and copied the wrong link oh god

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She’s not a cosplayer, she works in games and is just having fun.

I mean yeah it’s not the most accurate or fanciest Lady D but this isn’t a ranked list.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That's... not very good.

I cordially invite you to suck my rear end.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Honestly I miss closet cosplays like that, both doing them and seeing them. I'm not a huge fan of everything having to be an exact 1:1 replica that took thousands of hours of work. Heck, it was kinda cute in a way when people would use their own hair and style it as best as they could back before the internet had a wig of literally every anime character available for $20 on aliexpress. I miss the DIY weekender energy of people being proud to show off a sailor moon dress they threw together in a day paired with like, medium-length black hair in pigtails. Maybe this is why I like Lowcost cosplay so much?

Old potato quality Jpeg. This is from like 7 or 8 years ago, I threw together a Miku cosplay from stuff in my closet the night before our college had club day so I could try to recruit more people for anime club. I thought I was such a genius for figuring out how to layer a black skirt over a teal skirt to make Miku's skirt. And painted a paper towel roll for the Leek accessory.

Let people make low effort high creativity costumes from crap they already own, dang it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Her skin is the totally wrong shade she doesn’t look like an undead monstrosity at all what a total fraud Sjws are to blame somehow

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inzombiac posted:

Can... can I come too? I don't have many friends.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pasketti posted:

Honestly I miss closet cosplays like that, both doing them and seeing them. I'm not a huge fan of everything having to be an exact 1:1 replica that took thousands of hours of work. Heck, it was kinda cute in a way when people would use their own hair and style it as best as they could back before the internet had a wig of literally every anime character available for $20 on aliexpress. I miss the DIY weekender energy of people being proud to show off a sailor moon dress they threw together in a day paired with like, medium-length black hair in pigtails. Maybe this is why I like Lowcost cosplay so much?

Old potato quality Jpeg. This is from like 7 or 8 years ago, I threw together a Miku cosplay from stuff in my closet the night before our college had club day so I could try to recruit more people for anime club. I thought I was such a genius for figuring out how to layer a black skirt over a teal skirt to make Miku's skirt. And painted a paper towel roll for the Leek accessory.

Let people make low effort high creativity costumes from crap they already own, dang it.

For real. I mean, the favorite person in this very thread is the guy who glues pepperoni to his rear end to pull off cosplay. Low-cost cosplay is cool and good.
Let people have fun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pasketti posted:

kickin' rad farfetch'd cosplay

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pasketti posted:

I used to do this sort of thing too. I don't have any of the pictures saved, but I did post them on old message boards so they're probably floating around the internet somewhere. Fortunately this was long before facebook or twitter became a thing, so nobody I know can see me wearing a bathrobe and sunglasses and pretending to be Auron from Final Fantasy.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I mean yeah it’s not the most accurate or fanciest Lady D but this isn’t a ranked list.

Yeah, it's probably a grab-bag cosplay out of things that were already lying around. Considering how much that character blew up online, it's accurate enough for Twitter. I remember Alanah mentioning in some video way back, that she has done some cosplay for cons before and still does occasionally. Not as a job, though.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

John Dyne posted:

Yo is this you?

No.

Inzombiac posted:

No thank you.

Aphrodite posted:

All right, fair enough.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the_steve posted:

For real. I mean, the favorite person in this very thread is the guy who glues pepperoni to his rear end to pull off cosplay. Low-cost cosplay is cool and good.
Let people have fun.

I wish people would stop posting that low-cost cosplay guy. He started out fine, but it's become increasingly obvious that it's become his fetish rather than his hobby. He's getting half naked all the time now, even in cosplays like that Trump one where he's fully dressed.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Jedit posted:

I wish people would stop posting that low-cost cosplay guy. He started out fine, but it's become increasingly obvious that it's become his fetish rather than his hobby. He's getting half naked all the time now, even in cosplays like that Trump one where he's fully dressed.

Oh no, a fetish, my kryptonite

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Wrong thread n/m

Some Pinko Commie has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Feb 9, 2021

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Fister Roboto posted:

I used to do this sort of thing too. I don't have any of the pictures saved, but I did post them on old message boards so they're probably floating around the internet somewhere. Fortunately this was long before facebook or twitter became a thing, so nobody I know can see me wearing a bathrobe and sunglasses and pretending to be Auron from Final Fantasy.

Lmao that sounds amazing. i remember back in my lurking days a thread on here where people were making
costumes like that. I think I remember a shredder from TMNT with a colander on his head and cheese graters on his arms.

Jedit posted:

Bruh nudity isn't necessarily a fetish, it's clear the dude is going for comedy, and has the sense of humor of a middleschooler. A chubby naked guy with no visible (or creatively hidden) genitals is like...comedy 101. Have you never seen the Simpsons? Homer in his underwear isn't Matt Groaning's fetish material, it's just considered a classic funny image.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My Halloween costumes are typically low-cost cosplay:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I count my Halloween costumes as cosplay:

This was the most recent

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That sweater really ties the look together.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Watch out for German Nihilists though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pasketti posted:

Oh that's a whole thing again now, but not as a positive.

Thanks to the absolute flood of aggressive Tiktok children obsessed with My Hero Academia, putting in any more effort than having your parents order you a wig from Amazon is old and out of touch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/tokyocyb0rg/status/1358556109854932994

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Has sound.

https://i.imgur.com/uJmY1mL.mp4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The dancing makes a lot more sense with the original music. :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqxD8Zbvvyw

Jessica Rabbit there has some crazy cosplay skills

https://www.instagram.com/benzoate_ost/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cosplay people always amaze me ITT.
Such dedication to the craft.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the_steve posted:

Let people have fun.

I love him but it infuriates me that he didn't call it "Low-Costplay"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/1359907219349897224

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inzombiac posted:

I love him but it infuriates me that he didn't call it "Low-Costplay"

From browsing through his Instagram I get the feeling that he doesn't speak English at all (or very very little) and mostly uses google translate, apart from his paid promotions where the PR company obviously supplied the copy
https://www.instagram.com/lowcostcosplayth/

Also he managed to monetize his internet fame and got some paid ad gigs!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uX95oLma-g

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Good for him.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I want

SCOOPY

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Fister Roboto posted:

God. I used an old jacket my mom had, a pair of jean shorts, and some brown lipstick to pull off Auron. I was 14 and had no budget so I can't be too ashamed of it, but goddamn, kid.

One of my friends saved it and sends it to me occasionally as a horrible reminder of the nerdery of my youth.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/AKpCygy.mp4

Sound on.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

John Dyne posted:

God. I used an old jacket my mom had, a pair of jean shorts, and some brown lipstick to pull off Auron. I was 14 and had no budget so I can't be too ashamed of it, but goddamn, kid.

One of my friends saved it and sends it to me occasionally as a horrible reminder of the nerdery of my youth.

Hell yeah this owns

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Who's the fourth character?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who's the fourth character?

https://loveinterest.fandom.com/wiki/Ashi_(Samurai_Jack)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
On one hand, it's great to see Tara Strong connect so well with her characters she wants to cosplay them.

On the other, today I've learned that there is a wiki dedicated entirely to love interests and I feel I really didn't need to get out of bed today.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

https://i.imgur.com/HedfO1Q.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Nice.
Should probly blink faster but I guess that would be uncomfortable to look at.