Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Shrapnig posted:

They're actually saying Del-ta.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Congrats on your first of several points this season.
I think Heath has a big problem on his hands. He signed Demidov to be the captain and the leader of his defense, but it's clear that the guy is just too slow to deal with the more physical attackers MLS likes, given the way he had his rear end handed to him repeatedly over the first two games. Demidov was benched tonight, and the defense looked quite a bit better. They did allow two goals, but one of those was due to a comedy backpass attempt by Schuller.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Crazy Ted posted:

I think Heath has a big problem on his hands. He signed Demidov to be the captain and the leader of his defense, but it's clear that the guy is just too slow to deal with the more physical attackers MLS likes, given the way he had his rear end handed to him repeatedly over the first two games. Demidov was benched tonight, and the defense looked quite a bit better. They did allow two goals, but one of those was due to a comedy backpass attempt by Schuller.

I like how 2 of their three "big" money signings are some of the worst players on the team.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

I like how 2 of their three "big" money signings are some of the worst players on the team.
Yeah. Schuller was crap and got subbed out at halftime too.

Funny thing is that their best player has been one of the guys who came up with them from the NASL: Christian Ramirez.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Funny thing is that their best player has been one of the guys who came up with them from the NASL: Christian Ramirez.

Who apparently scored in the LA/RSL game tonight as well:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I think it may be time to take old Jay out back.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I think it may be time to take old Jay out back.
That would require Ol' Bob Kraft to actually care enough about the team to realize that it sucks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Atlanta had 82.9% of the possession in the win over Chicago :stare:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

the timbers have earned 9 points from 3 matches in fuckin' march

what the hell is going on

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Atlanta had 82.9% of the possession in the win over Chicago :stare:

That's pretty high even for being a man up.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Shrapnig posted:

He's a fat gently caress neckbeard with a terrible blog that his just him linking to articles written by people who may actually be writers and his Twitter is just him retweeting other people's actual information. Probably supports Arsenal too.
Just want to un-endorse this. Bruce is awesome.

I feel like he might somehow read this and have his feelings hurt unjustly

So I'm taking matters into my own hands

Apart from whether Mt. Puto is a hill anybody seriously wants to die on, because who does that chant help? Why, no one

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bury my heart at Mt. Puto

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Apart from whether Mt. Puto is a hill anybody seriously wants to die on, because who does that chant help? Why, no one

it helps me

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jai Guru Dave posted:

The whole Puto thing is dumb. What is dumber than that? Taking the time to take pictures of people saying it and then posting them to Twitter while the game is still going on.

Like...you are taking time out of a game you paid money to go to in order to get on your phone so you can Tweet pictures of people saying a dumb thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

all-Rush mixtape posted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

all-Rush mixtape posted:

April thread title?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol is some cuck MLSJW really taking photos of fans to shame them for saying puto?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Like...you are taking time out of a game you paid money to go to in order to get on your phone so you can Tweet pictures of people saying a dumb thing.

That's like buying a ticket and spending the whole time with your back to the game while you yell at other supporters.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

all-Rush mixtape posted:

This 5ever

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
i think i can safely speak for the puto population when i say that i feel the chant is respectful to our community

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

First they came for the Putos, and I did not chant—
Because I was not a Puto.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fat greasy puto posted:

i think i can safely speak for the puto population when i say that i feel the chant is respectful to our community

I stand with this puto.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Not to interrupt this fascinating topic, but we have a winner for the 2017 Sack Race. Jeff Cassar, come on down (to the unemployment line).

Honestly I'm surprised he only got three games if they bothered to keep him through the offseason.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

Not to interrupt this fascinating topic, but we have a winner for the 2017 Sack Race. Jeff Cassar, come on down (to the unemployment line).

Honestly I'm surprised he only got three games if they bothered to keep him through the offseason.

That is a really big surprise. They've looked awful this year, but 3 games in seems premature.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

They probably gonna bump Mike Petke up.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I guess Bob Bradley is looking for work...? Yeah I've got nothing. What do you learn in three games that you didn't learn in the offseason? I haven't heard about any blowups over there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

threeagainstfour posted:

They probably gonna bump Mike Petke up.

If they're smart they will.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

If they're smart they will.

It's totally mind boggling that Adrian Heath and Ben Olsen continue to be head coaches for MLS teams, but Mike Petke is stuck with Real Monarchs.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tigren posted:

It's totally mind boggling that Adrian Heath and Ben Olsen continue to be head coaches for MLS teams, but Mike Petke is stuck with Real Monarchs.
Because it turns out sports is not the meritocracy people make it out to be.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Tigren posted:

He gets a lot of support from this weird cadre of fans. Unfortunately those fans include "the blog that got other bloggers, fan photographers and podcast personalities banned from taking photos or doing interviews at the stadium (or even being in the stadium)," "the one journalist that writes about the team for a professional newspaper," and "the pre-2000 era 'capos' that feel that Olsen is special for being around so long and by association so are they."

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 21, 2017

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
What makes me mad about Olsen is he has shown zero improvement or a willingness to learn new tactics. I was all about giving him time four years ago, but holy poo poo it's only gotten worse since. The ONLY thing he seems to do well is covert wingers into quality fullbacks... but gently caress that we need goals that aren't being scored or set up by old men.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Schweinsteiger to Chicago is finally official.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Hello Towel posted:

Schweinsteiger to Chicago is finally official.

Seriously?

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Yup. There are legitimate questions whether that money would be better used to shore up a pretty bad back line. But he's been one of my favorite players for a long time so I'm personally pretty pumped.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Hello Towel posted:

Yup. There are legitimate questions whether that money would be better used to shore up a pretty bad back line. But he's been one of my favorite players for a long time so I'm personally pretty pumped.

As a DFB fanboy, I'm very ambivalent about this.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Hello Towel posted:

Is the hope that Schweiny can play as a #10 in this league? I mean he probably can, plus having Dax an Juninho behind him running around breaking up plays this might not be the worst move and should make up for the fact his motor isn't what it was a few years ago, if he plays well Chicago would have probably one of the better midfield in the league.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Who would even suggest he would play as a number 10? He's been a holding midfielder for a decade.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Based on their roster it seems a weird way to spend money either way.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Popero posted:

Based on their roster it seems a weird way to spend money either way.

I mean, they've been pursuing him for months and he was balking so they went and got Dax and Juninho instead. Then, where a sane FO would pull an Arsene Wenger and move on while going "oh well we almost signed him", they keep talking and eventtually he says "okay sure, for one year and we'll see" and you'd be stuck with three starting holding midfielders but one of them would be Bastian Schweinsteiger, and at this level he still seems like a guy who can do A Job. (also, off the field it's clearly moved the needle and made a Statement of Intent and all that cliched jazz.)

Of course it's hard to tell what he's still got because he insisted on staying on a United squad where he was clearly frozen out for a year-plus longer than he should have, so "weird way to spend money" is putting it mildly but Who Among Us hasn't made a silly decision after something/one we really wanted but couldn't have suddenly fell into our laps.

Ah, well, not my team, not my money, not even my conference, and frankly at this point they have nothing to lose so why not take a Big Flashy Insane Gamble? Even if they don't completely shake up their formation to fit all three of them in - between injuries, squad rotation, refusal to play on turf, theoretical MNT callups for Dax, I imagine all three of them find games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
With Goosens dead, he'll be a good guy to have around even if he's fat and old

• Locked thread