Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

I give it a 50-50 shot between you and Minnesota

Bridgeview are much better than last year and made some good signings IMO. They were poor in the first half but showed up in 2nd and it got them a point.

Minnesota is just not up to MLS level and they will be in the bottom the entire year. Atlanta built their team much more intelligently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Crew actually looked decent again but our defense is still suspect as gently caress.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

camoseven posted:

That trade seems really lopsided in Vancouver's favor

Trading a third string CDM + money for a starting winger seems fair to me. Manneh will compete with Finlay for the right wing slot as Finlay has not done poo poo since 2015.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AEricksonCD/status/898603916304072704

I really hope Santos plays for Crew tomorrow.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

Thanks for the local context. That entire wave of stadiums located "basically anywhere near the cities we're based in that will take us" that were the initial SSS brain-wave before BMO Field has clearly backfired all over the place, but Columbus is nowhere near the worst off in that regard (see: Chicago, Dallas, arguably LAG) and I can't imagine how anyone will believe he isn't entirely to blame here whatever groundwork he laid.

I can't imagine this is the kind of publicity the league wanted right before the playoffs so I am curious how they'll spin matters in the morning and how this'll develop in the next few days. If he genuinely wants out of town I wonder if he wants to sell instead?

The articles that are flying around on si.com and else where say a group of Columbus businessmen tried to buy the team from Precourt at either the full 100% or 50% ownership and he refused.

He is obviously deadset on moving the team.

I am loving crushed.

It makes so much sense now why the marketing for the team has been non-existent, and why any stadium upgrades have been non-existent. He has obviously wanted to move the team from the start of the 2016 season. What an absolute fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Even one of the worst offside calls I've ever seen couldn't stop Steffen. What a beast. What a game. Save the loving Crew.

• Locked thread