Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the timbers have earned 9 points from 3 matches in fuckin' march

what the hell is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

John Casper can just sit his rear end in his car and drive an extra 15 minutes; there's still minor league baseball! just... in the suburbs.

every year the MLS Players' Union releases player salaries and every year I'm 100% flummoxed by how teams pay their squads. why the hell is perennial benchwarmer Ben Zemanski only earning 5k less than Gleeson, the starting keeper?! does Zemanski just have a rad agent?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

tk posted:

There's nothing wrong with enjoying cheap tickets and empty stands. It's fun, and that's why I would go to a Reign or USL game.

...or you could go to Reign matches to support the team and the league, jackass.

the Reign have won the NWSL shield twice in 5 seasons, made it to the final twice, and are well-respected in the league. But yeah, sure, keep saying they put out a lovely product. the only lovely thing about the Reign is that they're forced to play in a garbage stadium that's owned by the local school district, and despite that, their matches are still well-attended.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 2, 2017

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

wicka posted:

Caleb Porter

:frogout:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

when the actual fresh hell will the full playoff schedule be out this is garbage this league is garbage and so loving help me if there's a match on halloween I'm gonna show up in costume goddamn gently caress mls

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Uh, the Timbers away game might be on Halloween. Your home match would be on the 5th.

uh, I travel to matches.

Star Man posted:

Oh no, the home team is playing a match on the day I play dress-up and I am overreacting about it on the Internet

ain't my fault you hate fun, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

That is extremely upsetting news to me. I'm glad he's clung on to a dread rat tail at least.

truly heartbreaking

• Locked thread