Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Here, I'll write the Rapids post. Here it is:

We suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

UZworm posted:

Add "but have a fanbase stupid enough to call us the Leicester City of MLS without acknowledging what happened to them the following year." and you got it down pat.

The Rapids would have to win the league first before being the Leicester City of MLS. But that was your point: we're members of a pretty dumb fan base.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

At least the Rapids scored in that game.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Don't like anything. Life is much easier that way.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sure.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

binge crotching posted:

At some point Minnesota is going to figure out what the hell they are doing, but every team that plays them in the first few months of the season can basically mark that one off as a guaranteed 3 points.

Except Colorado.

God we suck.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

So Tim Howard has been suspended for the next three games for "inappropriate fan interaction" on Sunday at KC.

My reaction:

🤦‍♂️

It's the only way that MacMath can even play. Well, that or if Howard gets injured.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
But we can all agree that the Rapids loving suck and we should be ashamed to be fans of this team.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

If this year continues this way, then I wholeheartedly agree.

You won't have to wait long. It's the Rapids, not the Sounders.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Syrinxx posted:

Yes but I'm sure they will fix the main complaint of too many commercials

Are there any other sports that have stoppage just so a commercial can be aired on television?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The only way to live life is to never like anything and never be happy. Joy is an illusion and death is your only reward in life.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Can we shoot Pablo and Tim Hinchey in the head yet?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hello Towel posted:

:getin:

I just know that we have to drop points at some point soon and I hope the team doesn't tailspin after a streak like this.

This was my motto all throughout 2016 when the Rapids were doing well: enjoy it while it lasts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Said we got Deshorn Brown on loan from Tampa Bay.

Holy poo poo. I didn't know that he went from Norway to the Rowdies.

He can score, but he's going to take a billion shots in a game to get there.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh my word it's even better, we traded allocation money and an international roster spot to Houston for the right to use the allocation order for THIS guy.

I mean, Deshorn Brown was one of the Rapkids in 2013 and was runner-up for rookie of the year, right behind teammate Dillon Powers and has the third fastest goal in MLS history. Not that it means Brown will make DC a top-flight team, but he's not that bad.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Would you pay that price?

I don't know poo poo about gently caress about soccer money.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
your coach is so fat he rekt dc and moved to la

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

My boy Jackie looking like a boss tonight. Two sweet finishes and harassing Colorado all night.

I haven't watched the Rapids all year but I'll presume that they deserved it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to laugh if this is the universe that the Colorado finally gets rid of Pablo and somehow acquire Ben Olson and the only thing that improves is DC, because that's the only thing I can think of that can make the Rapids even worse.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't miss being able to attend Rapids games anymore. I really don't.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
There was a time when Chivas USA was a playoffs team. For multiple seasons!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The only reason Pablo isn't going to be trapped in an iron maiden after this season is because the FO will be like: "Well, at least we weren't as bad as DC" and it will be another 997 years of darkness.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It's a deadman's switch, Ben and Pablo Blood Pact

Can we launch both of them at each other headfirst from a cannon and watch something pretty hosed up happen?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Thanks. I asked because the team has legitimately said they use Football Manager as a scouting tool. Given how terrible 3 of 4 seasons have been it's not a good idea.

And they thought they could trade for a player on loan because they're idiots.

Wait.

What.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I don't know why it just dawned on me, but Real Salt Lake has FC Barcelona's colors. THAT'S hosed up.

And now you know why we call them Fake Salt Lake

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

:toot:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Rapids interim GM Padraig "football manager" Smith and chief business officer Wayne Bryant published an Op-Ed in the Denver Post about their vision for the team.

link

As simply put as possible, they sort of admit they hosed up and they're gonna change things. They said a lot of bold words about strong attractive soccer and signing attack minded, high game intelligence players who aren't overpriced.

They want to be a "perennial playoff contender" and bring another MLS Cup to Commerce City.

Well. Bold words. The fact that KSE had the Rapids management publish something like this is surprising.

Let's see what their actions bring.

One day all other Rapids fans will learn that their hopes and dreams need to be thrown into the loving trash.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The Rapids suck so bad that they can't even win the wooden spoon.

edit: like, the next time I go to a Rapids game, I'm going to show up to section 117 in Chivas USA gear that I bought on eBay for mixed change.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 24, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Living in Salt Lake does weird poo poo to your head, man.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tigren posted:

Do the Galaxy next

Better than the Rapids.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

tk posted:

Not by much

Look, if you had to pick between the Rapids and the Galaxy to pull off the impossible and make it to the first knockout round of the playoffs, who would you pick? I'll give you one hint: it's not the Rapids.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Someone please find Stan Kroenke and drag him to his stadium in Commerce City kicking and screaming and have him drawn and quartered before a live audience, sell his poo poo team to loving any one willing to buy it, and forget that there ever was an MLS team in Colorado.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The 2017 season in six words: At least we're not the Rapids!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dallan Invictus posted:

Vancouver made that win over RSL way harder than it needed to be, but it really looks like the team is starting to click in its weird inexplicable way. With the game(s) in hand I'm even very carefully starting to think they could win the conference, which would be hilarious for multiple reasons.

The run in is going to be tricky though. COL and MNU at home have "trap game" written all over them, and literally every other game is against a playoff contender, including 2 away Cascadia games. Plus the West is such a knife fight this year that the only certainty is blood. Hopefully Atlanta, Columbus, and the Galaxy (lol) can do the business today.

Colorado winning in Houston yesterday was a complete loving accident. You'll come out of that game with no less than one point, trust me.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
A Sounder got his red card revoked.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
gently caress it, I'm a Toronto FC fan now. The Rapids are dead to me.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What's it like being the fan of a good or even mediocre team?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Shinjobi posted:

FC Dallas should just never win again.

They've been pretty good at it, lately.

Don't worry, they'll win again this Wednesday.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh no, the home team is playing a match on the day I play dress-up and I am overreacting about it on the Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Remember how we keep talking about substandard managing? Brad Friedel is a bad attempt to sell tickets.

See alsol: Tim Howard

• Locked thread