Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
What makes me mad about Olsen is he has shown zero improvement or a willingness to learn new tactics. I was all about giving him time four years ago, but holy poo poo it's only gotten worse since. The ONLY thing he seems to do well is covert wingers into quality fullbacks... but gently caress that we need goals that aren't being scored or set up by old men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Soccer fans, especially members of Supporter's groups, deserve abuse IMO. They are, generally speaking, really embarrassing and hugely annoying.

I mean a lot of supporter group members can be obnoxious blowhards but lol good to see shammy is still a miserable bastard.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Has Ben Olsen been fired yet?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Went to work, sad I was gonna miss the game. Checked the score at halftime, sad I missed the game. Saw the final, decided not to buy tickets for Saturday because Jesus Christ

Ho boy do I have a Saturday game for you.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Good. Because the first teams to be relegated (outside of maybe Seattle and Portland) would instantly fold and leave big ol empty stadiums in their wake.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Other problem with pro/rel is MLS has forced parity with drafts, salary caps, designated roster slots, and so on mixed with blatant league favoritism toward big city clubs. That poo poo will take a while to level out.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Hope you stayed away today Fancy. What the gently caress was that.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Boswell and Neagle both traded. Looks like offloading big contracts in preparation for a team sale.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Back when RSL was founded the owner claimed the colors were red and blue so as to match the two primary colleges (Utah and BYU) despite neither shade looking anything like the college's.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I hate this stupid loving team.

https://twitter.com/MLSist/status/911214848213647360/photo/1

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I support Fancy forever and always. Fancy for U-13 coach.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

This is literally the logic Team MAGA uses to complain about Colin Kaepernick, you realise? Except that this kid is literally doing even less that's objectionable than Kaepernick is.

Except Kaep doesn't do anything objectionable.

Back to MLS, I hope Ben Olsen is fired soon just to be honest here.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I agree with this banner.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

That's my Bennyball!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

MLS would be much better off if FC Cincinnati and their 20k+ crowds were in MLS next year by getting promoted or whatever. As opposed to some expansion process that will take years and squander all local excitement by requiring the team step on the throats of local government to get a stadium paid for that they can not afford to build along with the expansion fee.

Also maybe I am a weirdo but I would be much more likely to watch Casper, Wyoming vs. Edmond, Oklahoma if they have actual good players instead of current LA vs NY or whatever.

This is the argument the NHL used in locating so many teams in the south and we saw how that played out in most markets. A few years of excitement then fans lose interest in the flavor of the month.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Let's play Spot the Fancy rear end Ho. I'm the literal dog man.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

New USMNT roster. Posting here because why not. Glad to see Hamid, CCV, Miazga, Williams, and Dwyer, but there are still weird choices. Sapong? Agudelo? Lichaj?

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 1/0)

DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United/ENG; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse/NED; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 26/1), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 48/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town/ENG; 22/2)

FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City SC; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (St. Louis Scott Gallagher; 0/0)

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Sargent absolutely would not have gotten a call if he were on a professional roster. I'd take someone like Chris Durkin over him, and I wouldn't even take Durkin.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

gently caress Nashville. The original fan group scammed thousands of local soccer fans (thankfully not me) out of thousands of dollars by selling "team ownership" which was actually just season tickets to a lovely amateur squad. The infrastructure can barely support football, hockey, and Broadway and the fan support genuinely is not there. If Nashville gets an MLS team, I will genuinely be shocked if they can regularly pull in 10k+ after 3 years.

fake edit: I am also 100% positive the only reason this is happening is because of Tennessee's corrupt as poo poo conservative government led by corporate plutocrats like Bill Haslem and a literally insane Congress. gently caress em all.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Offseason schedule released, like anyone gives a poo poo, and the LAFC expansion draft is on 12/12. Teams protect 11 players with GA and HG players exempt.

My hot take for DC United:

Exempt:
Julian Buescher
Chris Durkin
Ian Harkes
Jalen Robinson

Protect:
Luciano Acosta
Paul Arriola
Steve Birnbaum
Russell Canouse
Nick DeLeon
Taylor Kemp
Chris Korb
Patrick Mullins
Chris Odoi-Atsem
Kofi Opare
Zoltán Stieber

Available:
Deshorn Brown
Steve Clark
Sean Franklin
Jared Jeffrey
Eric Klenofsky
Patrick Nyarko
Lloyd Sam
Marcelo Sarvas
Rob Vincent
Travis Worra

fake edit: lmao this roster is so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Is there like, a game today or something?

• Locked thread