Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sicke posted:

Am I the only one surprised that Atlanta's sponsor is not Home Depot?

Things taht should be atlanta sponsors before whatever they have:

Coca Cola
Delta
Home Depot
Any brand of cough syrup
Phillies blunts
A picture of a 1997 Chrysler Lebaron
Magic City
The Claremont Lounge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Great start to the revs season, we only have one loss, and only one goal allowed! Surely this is a sign of good things to come.

How did the Revs look anyway, total poo poo or worse? I can't remember a season when the Revs looked like a competent team coming out of the offseason. Every year it's a total slodge to being halfway good and then maybe really good and then crap again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Popero posted:

Both sides looked awful, and the Revs especially looked like they always do early on, like they'd never met each other before

Classic Jay

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

"Extreme weather" lmao, there's like 2 inches of snow on the ground for fucks sake.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This part of the country gets more pissy about snow every year it seems, shameful.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hoover Dam posted:

It's not the snow--one of the Revs' best playoff games looked like it does outside now--it's that whole "10 degrees F at kickoff plus 20mph winds" thing. I'm disappointed, because I really liked the idea of making Kaká-less Florida Team play in that, but I know it's an expensive pain in the rear end to postpone. It wasn't like they asked Alexa for a weather report and decided "meh, not feelin' it." Waiting to hear back if I should take the pennants for tomorrow and just scribble in the new date with a sharpie.

I've played in worse!!!

Joking aside I'm sure there's a good reason for this, I imagine these decisions are not taken lightly. I vote for sharpie edit in any case, it'll be funny.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Stars_align.png

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I think it may be time to take old Jay out back.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Bury my heart at Mt. Puto

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Josef Martinez strained/pulled his quad in the last Venezuela match, and will be out at least a month.

Sign a full contract, get injured immediately. Well done Torino.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

No one's mentioned the reporter who asked Schweinsteiger if the Fire could win the World Cup? No one?

I think this is one of those things that is just so embarrassing that everyone is pretending it didn't happen.

Though someone did mention it in another thread.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

It's really something that Giovinco makes that much money, I think that's probably more than anyone at Juve makes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

The money just seems bigger next to him

:bisonyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm dying at the idea of some Minnesota Marxists writing strong worded but polite letters to a soccer league.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

You live in Boston, go talk to your local councilman, who could quite literally be my cousin tbf.

The democratic people's republic of Massachusetts will not stand for this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

3 teams named United lol at MLS

lol but there will be just as many in the prem next year, to be fair

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

(in beastie boys voice)
7 FCs and 1 Earthquakes

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I know I've said this before but this Kelyn Rowe at left back insanity has got to stop. If Jay is gonna do this at least play a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 for fucks sake.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

De Jong owns, you can't tell me otherwise.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sounds like a bunch of whiny babies don't like it up em.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This conversation generated a few reports, just a reminder to keep it civil in here. It's not illegal to think MLS is run poorly (he posted from a cavernous NFL stadium while drinking a 12 dollar domestic beer with 300 or so other idiots on a Wednesday) and its also not illegal to think that MLS is growing, because it is regardless of whether you think that growth is sustainable.

This is a good and interesting conversation to have. Comments like this though

camoseven posted:

wicka don't answer, piss off to another thread tia

Shrapnig posted:

Just because your team is insanely bad doesn't mean you should make insanely bad posts about things.

African AIDS cum posted:

MLS must be dying because this thread gets like 10 posts per month now

Are dumb. Basically stop getting mad at bullshit and making intentionally obtuse posts.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The fox soccer announcers are the worst announcers in all of sports, let alone this sport.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Imagine if the Revs won an away game. Just think about it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't mind the Revs local guys at all. It helps that Paul Mariner is one of them so he actually knows what's going on, on the pitch and with the team.

It also helps that what's going on on the pitch is "garbage" and what's going on with the team is "nothing".

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Azerban posted:

he never said anyone was interested, they just said they were getting calls about him

:phone: "still paying jermaine jones 600k a year?"
:phoneb: "we sure are"
:phone: "lol good" *toilet flush*

Lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Eternal failure and bad player Diego Calvo has joined RSL's USL affiliate

Please tell me this man is bald

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

camoseven posted:

NYCFC are moving their home game vs Houston on September 23rd to.... East Hartford, CT. According to Google Maps that's 107 miles away, and currently 2 1/2 hours by car.

Lol that's halfway to Boston. So about as close as Gillette :v:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

clandestine cactus posted:

The Connecticut Yankees in Don Garber's Sport

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What is the difference between D2 and D3 status since there's no relegation or promotion anyway? Honest question.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I had Revs season tickets for a year and they cost more than my Milan tickets from the 90s when Serie A was the best league in the world. I like going to games but if this team continues to be garbage and the stadium in a real place never materializes I think I'm done. I'm half expecting the team to be moved to another city in a few years anyway.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I just walked by David Villa in the Denver airport and he is a tiny little man.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Is he as handsome in person as he is in photos?

The top of his head is well groomed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Popero posted:

This is a good thing, but nothing will change unless the whole front office goes too or Kraft remembers that he owns a soccer team.

I don't think this is true. Jay's management of the side was stagnant and he was running out of ideas, which he never really had too of many to begin with. On the pitch I expect things to improve provided an actual manager is hired as a replacement.

In terms of the team as an organization then yeah, agreed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

A probably autistic kid in the spotlight of the American media is going to play soccer. His father may be an rear end in a top hat of the worst kind but please leave him alone. Don't be like the idiots that harassed the Obama girls because you disagreed with their father.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

DC has won four of their last five, and are still rooted to the bottom of the East.

It's almost impressive.

Being worse than New England this year is very impressive actually.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I wonder which team actually has more hope for the future. Both fanbases are just sort of praying for ownership changes, it sounds like.

I've seen a few Revs games this year, and you're at least watchable, just not very good? We've gotta live with 688 minutes of no goals (except the Ortiz flop). Would building a set of bleachers somewhere in fucken Portsmouth or something be better than the current hell?

I shouldn't say the revs are terrible to watch, they're fine at home, entertaining even, though I haven't seen anything post-Jay obviously. I dunno. Anything outside of Boston city limits is not a solution; if that's never going to happen then the team needs to move for real. It's stagnant.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What do you guys think will happen now that the us won't be in the World Cup? There must be a correlation between mls attendance and profits and the USA being in the tournament right? I feel like more people give a poo poo in World Cup years, or immediately after.

The league is already in a really stretched position with the 200000 teams it wants to create; I would hope that some of this wild expansion stops in light of what just happened. The value of the league seems like it's ready to drop; I feel like the league as a whole and the national team are too tied up in each other's business.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I feel like this entire collapse deserves it's own thread. I'm pissed as well, probably more than most people but I don't know I don't feel the need to yell about it in the MLS thread

I was thinking the same thing actually; it's clogging up the international thread as well. Feel free to post one.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lil Seb is almost 30 right?

• Locked thread