Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

soccer, it is, back

Technically this is correct.

For the rest of the world it was never gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Fancy, make the DC post already so I can start complaining about our bad and dumb team

Here you go OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_F_e4Bznzk

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is New England the only team left still using their original 1996 crest?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Vindication! I've been whining about Alonso getting away with so much poo poo for so long. Personally, I feel the guy does enough underhanded poo poo to average about 2 yellows a game. It's nice to know the players feel the same.

You and literally everyone else who watches MLS, congratulations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

thelazyblank posted:

Minnesota has set a new record, being the first team to allow 5 goals in back to back games. And their keeper is now dead. rip

Five or more heh.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If he thought he put his best 11 out to start why would he think his subs would be any better? His backup keeper made zero saves and conceded a goal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Apparently Bruce McGuire (DuNord) has spent some of tonight's game in Colorado specifically taking pictures of fans yelling PUTO for...identification purposes?

Ummmm...okay

gently caress that guy and gently caress this league for letting him do it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

IIRC he became real full of himself once his blog got real popular and he can be kind of a dick in person depending on the mood he's in, from what I've been told.

He's a fat gently caress neckbeard with a terrible blog that his just him linking to articles written by people who may actually be writers and his Twitter is just him retweeting other people's actual information. Probably supports Arsenal too.

Oh poo poo, he's the perfect MLS fan.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

In related news, Atlanta United have now made yelling "Hey Ya" during goal kicks an "official chant" to try and counter the puto chants. Well done :thumbsup:

I hope that whenever they yell "Hey Ya" the away supporters yell back "Fags"

Edit: Atlanta has been really fun to watch so far. They may pull a 1998 Chicago Fire this season, coincidentally after today.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Considering where OutKast is from this is okay.

They're actually saying Del-ta.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

HOLY SHITNUTS THE MINNESOTA LOONIES DIDN'T GET THEIR ASSES WHOOPED

Congrats on your first of several points this season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fat greasy puto posted:

i think i can safely speak for the puto population when i say that i feel the chant is respectful to our community

I stand with this puto.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

threeagainstfour posted:

They probably gonna bump Mike Petke up.

If they're smart they will.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Who would even suggest he would play as a number 10? He's been a holding midfielder for a decade.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I guess he's probably talented enough that he could saunter around like Riquelme in the middle of the park and dictate play in MLS.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm getting very close to writing off this league entirely, and I loving love supporting my poo poo team.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

And Lletget needs to have foot surgery, will be out for 4 to 6 months

Lisfranc fractures are rough. It's pretty much a fracture plus dislocation of the toe bone.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You're implying there's an international break in MLS to be bitter about.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He shouldn't have been fired is probably more accurate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Petke is a legitimately good coach. He knows MLS which is the biggest hurdle for new coaches in this league.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was busy, so I didn't see any of the games yesterday and skipped watching the Minnesota replay.

They won? :monocle:

They beat RSL to be fair.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBoyBlunder posted:

So Tim Howard has been suspended for the next three games for "inappropriate fan interaction" on Sunday at KC.

My reaction:

🤦‍♂️

So if a fan yells at you and you tell him to gently caress off you get suspended. Does the fan also get a stadium ban?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm glad Timmy said something if only because the best the KC fans could come up with is "Go back to Colorado."

No poo poo rear end in a top hat, it's an away game. I'm sure that the players are thrilled to be in Kansas loving City. If they could just teleport away from flyover hell ten seconds after the final whistle they would.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

LA Galaxy was so jealous of Wondo they got the MLS store brand version.

Wondo is the MLS store brand version so LA got like the Aldi store brand version, and the can was dented so they got another 30% off.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I must have missed where the Chargers are playing this season in a stadium smaller than almost every major Division 1 college football team.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The NFL is collapsing in upon itself in a wave of gently caress The NFL.

We did it guys.

MLS: We Have Concussions Too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Speaking of, thanks for killing Birnbaum with a Curse of the Black Spot. Concussions in DC are the equivalent of Michael Corleone's kiss of death.

We all knew he was concussion dead when it happened, don't be so dramatic.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Isn't it?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm dying at the idea of some Minnesota Marxists writing strong worded but polite letters to a soccer league.

You live in Boston, go talk to your local councilman, who could quite literally be my cousin tbf.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

My point was that being an original franchise most of our supporters came to watch soccer when it was extremely unpopular because they liked it. The newer franchises seem to attract a the type of fans that want to go to games to bang a drum for 90 minutes with their back to the pitch and get attention. As for a "poo poo product" in a "poo poo location" you can make fun of the redbulls all you want but that's just a completely absurd statement. We have crap branding and marketing but to tell me that watching a winning/exciting team play in one of the nicest soccer specific stadiums in the country is poo poo then I want to know what poo poo means to you. As for the location it's easily accessible by rail for like 15 million people and a walk away from very nice restaurants and bars.

Not surprising a PNW fan felt the need to get upset when someone poked at the soccer hispterism that plagues a lot of MLS.

African AIDS cum posted:

they really can't be compared. One group is supporting the team and the other is supporting themselves.

:perfect:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

The New York Redbulls are the best team in MLS

Hell, they are.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

3 teams named United lol at MLS

Seven FCs.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cahill came from Everton, then went to China, then to the A League.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Fire are second in the Supporters Shield rankings.

I don't know how to handle this. (:woop:)

Very carefully.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Robo Turnus posted:

when i root i root for the tibmers.

Trigger warning please.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

What am I supposed to be caring about here.

Nothing.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Every time someone asks, he gets another year on his contract

Freddy Adu is available for free.

Seems like a DC front office kind of move to me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

God drat it don't say that they'll hear you

FREDDY ADU IS AVAILABLE FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

Dom Dwyer gets lost in Disney World tour and dies.

Cyle Larin is going to show him a good time and insist Dwyer drives them home.

I don't know, I'm from England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I think the logical conclusion is to disband Atlanta United and bankrupt Deadspin.

• Locked thread