Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i agree w/ tobbs thanks for reminding me homes i like stickers ##vote tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

If anything, on rethinking my Rarity case post-flip I became more convinced it's right because she came in late and tried to hardcore put the hammer down on AA, whose alignment she was very sure about, and offered to hammer a lynchbomb while knowing she was only going to be around for 30 more minutes. It's scummy as hell.

this is a really good point

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

this is a stickup posted:

mmt was town and correctly figured out you were scum early on due to posting that is incredibly similar to the way you're posting now, and yet mmt has not mentioned you at all

I was waiting for Tobbs to post more before bringing it up. Going into D2 he had town points for referencing a bunch of meta reads but scum points for not voting for anyone outside of Keane.

As it stands right now I agree with you. ##vote Tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

P sure MMT was scum that game.

Are you badgering MMT for not playing her scum game?

I was town, you were scum, and you killed me N2 because I was 100% positive you were scum based on a meta read on you. It was like 3 weeks ago, do you not remember?

For reference, the meta case (here) was:

"Murmur Twin" (in another game) posted:

I don't think I've ever been in a game with scum Tobbs, which is why the difference here is so striking to me. The things he's doing differently aren't minor things, they're striking differences that I would perceive as scumtells on anyone.

(a) we're halfway into day 2 and he's only made one case (which starts with "I actually agree with MMT here")
(b) he isn't voting for anyone
(c) he posts an excuse for why he isn't posting as much this game

---

I'm just going down the list of recent games:

In Swan Song, where Tobbs is town, he makes 8 total votes in the first three pages of his post history.

In Katamari Mafia where Tobbs is town, he makes 9 total votes in two pages of his post history.

In Paupers of Podlma, where Tobbs is scum, he makes 2 total votes in the first three pages of his post history (full disclosure: I wasn't in this game and hadn't read it; I just scrolled through Tobbs' post history for that game).

In this game, he has 1 vote so far, 2 if you count the stickup joke vote.

In this game, midway into D2, he has 2 total votes, only 1 if you discount the joke vote on CL.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What are your opinions of me, Max, and Keane so far?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

What are your opinions of me, Max, and Keane so far?

Max town, you town, Keane scum.

##vote CCKeane

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also quid and stickup scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote CCKeane

---

Also quid and stickup scum.

Were you going to explain why or do you need me to ask you first?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Were you going to explain why or do you need me to ask you first?

Same reasons as yesterday. Keane believing AA but still pushing him is icing on the meta cake.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hot phone post take, I'm not really sold on Tobbs as scum, mostly because I believe he would have argued for me to be the NK, not Fisk.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Hot phone post take, I'm not really sold on Tobbs as scum, mostly because I believe he would have argued for me to be the NK, not Fisk.

You don't find anything the least bit suspicious about the fact that Tobbs has one single game opinion that he's been willing to flesh out and otherwise is showing no interest in hunting for scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think AA has been playing a really really bad game and saying only things that are wrong, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I should just give in and admit that I am a meta monster.

I'm not feeling Max for scum this game. That fishiness that surrounds him is absent.

This is so painfully obviously chores' town game that I wouldn't vote him even if he claimed Cop, got counterclaimed, and we lynched the counterclaimer who claimed cop.

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

Tobbs claims to be a "meta monster" and makes references to games from months ago.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is actually quite wrong.

I won a game as scum recently, and it's because people don't lynch for meta reasons. Max had me nailed as scum and ended up killing me (he was SK).

Other players like Moat knew I was scum, but they got lynched anyways.

Also I was copped as scum and got the cop lynched lol

Tobbs references a game three weeks ago where he was scum.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

When Stickup refers to that exact same game and says that Tobbs is acting the same way, Tobbs has erased all memory of it despite referencing it earlier this game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Right now my primary suspicion is that he's a scumteam with someone who would prefer to go after low-effort targets - you.

Ignoring the NK target choice, what's your opinion of Tobbs' posting style this game?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not feeling Max for scum this game. That fishiness that surrounds him is absent.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote CCKeane

How is Max's posting this game different from how you think he might post as scum?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think AA has been playing a really really bad game and saying only things that are wrong, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I should just give in and admit that I am a meta monster.

This is so painfully obviously chores' town game that I wouldn't vote him even if he claimed Cop, got counterclaimed, and we lynched the counterclaimer who claimed cop.

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

this post is aggressively bad and pandering 2 me and a rly obvious fake meta argument

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##unvote
##vote Tobbs

I don't think my vote registered on VF so I'm just resending it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Keane: "I have an important town power role."

Scum: (kills random unclaimed player who was going after Keane).

Makes you think.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Someone pandering to chores. Hah. Can you imagine?

I can see it, MMT. Only having one vote, for Keane, after so much time definitely seems like someone intentionally avoiding opinions, and my best conception of Tobbs town game was in, uh, I think it was Selene Pereau? Where he was all over the place with all kinds of different opinions. This definitely seems like an intentionally conservative Tobbs.

Would vote Tobbs. Stickup is still my first target, though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Someone pandering to chores. Hah. Can you imagine?

I can see it, MMT. Only having one vote, for Keane, after so much time definitely seems like someone intentionally avoiding opinions, and my best conception of Tobbs town game was in, uh, I think it was Selene Pereau? Where he was all over the place with all kinds of different opinions. This definitely seems like an intentionally conservative Tobbs.

Would vote Tobbs. Stickup is still my first target, though.

How is stickup (the first person to make a case on Tobbs, one that you've said you agree with) more scummy than Tobbs?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Still feeling Grandi

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Still feeling Grandi

Murmur Twin posted:

Ignoring the NK target choice, what's your opinion of Tobbs' posting style this game?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't understand why "pandering to chores" is a ridiculous thing?

still down for tobbs

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Makes you think.

When did Keane claim that d1? I know he claimed jailed last night, which infers he has a powerrole, but I don't recall this happening d1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Grandicap posted:

When did Keane claim that d1? I know he claimed jailed last night, which infers he has a powerrole, but I don't recall this happening d1.

This post:

CCKeane posted:

I'd much rather not, I got a power role.

---

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Makes you think.

He's claiming that he was RBed or jailed so to me the most obvious explanation is that scum chose to play around a town doctor and chose instead to kill someone without many posts to analyze.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

How is stickup (the first person to make a case on Tobbs, one that you've said you agree with) more scummy than Tobbs?

:allears: you're great bk

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

EccoRaven posted:

Rarity is replaced by stickup

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If you're making the argument that they couldn't be scum together, you're probably right, MMT. But stickup is my top scum read and I will feel better about Tobbs in a world where stickup flips scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm going to take a look at Grand, but today is pretty busy for me until evening.

I think Grand's end of day 1 play was unusual.

Tobbs is focusing on me a bunch to the exclusion of everything else, but I do the same if I think I've got somebody, even if I'm wrong, which happened day one. So.

BK's call on Rarity makes sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Well stickup now, but you know how things go.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Tobbs is focusing on me a bunch to the exclusion of everything else, but I do the same if I think I've got somebody, even if I'm wrong, which happened day one. So.

BK's call on Rarity makes sense.

If it was anyone else I might agree with you but please read the links in this post:

this is a stickup posted:

apart from omgusing bk for voting me without even letting me finish reading the thread, tobbs has made exactly one call and one vote (minus a joke on chaoslord)

it's easy to push keane when keane is pushing aa, especially when you know aa's alignment. as mmt did, here and here are the examples she brought up of town tobbs throwing his vote around and making calls even early in the game.

for contrast, the game she cased him in looks just like this one, and she was right about him being scum there. I'm skeptical that town mmt in this game wouldn't bring this up again after correctly getting tobbs in that game, and later on saying she should've fought harder to get tobbs ded

I think that Tobbs is the literal top of my list of players who post differently when town and scum and I feel really confident that this is his scum game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

If it was anyone else I might agree with you but please read the links in this post:

I think that Tobbs is the literal top of my list of players who post differently when town and scum and I feel really confident that this is his scum game.

Lol you're really wrong. After that stupid, stupid D1 though town is hosed so you may as well get rid of me.

I'm vanilla town (since everyone is gunning for me).

Is the case on me just meta anyways?

Neat.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol you're really wrong. After that stupid, stupid D1 though town is hosed so you may as well get rid of me.

Neat.

nice meltdown

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

After that stupid, stupid D1 though town is hosed so you may as well get rid of me.

This take doesn't even make any sense to me. Like, why be so defeatist?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Neat.

Again I ask:

Murmur Twin posted:

How is Max's posting this game different from how you think he might post as scum?

Followup question: if you see me aggressively pushing for a mislynch on a town Tobbs, what makes you think I'm town?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Again I ask:

Followup question: if you see me aggressively pushing for a mislynch on a town Tobbs, what makes you think I'm town?

Doesn't smell fishy. Scum Max has a fish smell and I'm not smelling it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

This take doesn't even make any sense to me. Like, why be so defeatist?

this is actually the more town tobbs part of it all

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

OK, the reread begins NOW. Where do I start, someone give me a place to begin

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

OK, the reread begins NOW. Where do I start, someone give me a place to begin

Read it in order and post hot takes as you go!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Someone got real mad at me the last time I did that :\

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

It's mafia, people will get mad no matter what :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
don't be a slave in both flavor and life, quid. be free!

• Locked thread