Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ecco, pretend I'm a triple voter and my vote counts for three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

##vote PMom

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

it should be unsurprising to everyone involved that I am a stickler for procedure.

that's -1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gradi, Hats, get in here.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom is replaced by postmodifier

Everyone say hi!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You know ecco, you could just say Pmom is hated for clearly not submitting a night kill last night and 3 is enough to kill him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Illadir, do the needful and kill urself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This continues to be the most accurate way to tell if someone is scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

postmodifier is replaced by asiina

everyone say hi!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back

Grimey Drawer

Hi I've replaced in as someone in order to vote myself.

##vote Asiina

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

:redhammer: thanks very much asiina and none to illandir.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

greetings, gentle peoples

I have arrived to save you from Ecco's tyranny

be fruitful, and prosper

##vote: postmodifier

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yciX2meIkXI

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Lol

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hey, I'm here!

##vote Pmom

:redhammer:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A new strategy: what happens if the scum team all just don't do anything at all. Will the town eat itself alive? Or will they eventually say "gently caress the lurkers" and end up winning?

Find out tonight, live!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

postmodifier posted:

greetings, gentle peoples

I have arrived to save you from Ecco's tyranny

be fruitful, and prosper

##vote: postmodifier

lmao

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

all me. game was easy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

this is a stickup posted:

tobbs is the scum
serious keane is freaking me out
hats is maybe a thing, possibly

these are some fresh page 8 extra sticky takes

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I was on page 8 and also caught bk at the same time, within minutes of joining the game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:love:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

:buddy::hf::unsmith:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't want to ask which one is me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

To my credit, the scum team gave us zero info to work with.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I didn't think it that far through

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

On the fifth day, the lizards quickly - with some insistence by their lizard god - ganged up and killed Pinter... er, Illan.. er, asiina. The lizard they killed was a chameleon, you see, so he could change his color and shape slightly with his mood. I am ecco and I am the best at writing flavor.

Checking the Pillandiina's room was lots of stolen gold! Woah! Who'da thunk.

:s: Pinterest Mom Illandir Asiina, Khalia, Enforcer (scum-aligned jailor), was executed day 5. :s:

As soon as they were done, they realized... there's only 5 of them left. Where once they would have had to divide the gold sixteen ways, now they only need to split it by five. Among these half-dozen souls - human and lizard alike - bonds of friendship and trust had developed that ran deeper than any they had ever experienced before. There was no fear of dishonesty or betrayal, no doubt that any of them would ever let their lust for wealth control them and convince them to harm the others. After what they had been through, from working in the mines to surviving the ordeal trapping them for almost a week underground, they could never hurt another one of their comrades again.
The following day the mine was finally cleared. The five miners, haggard and weak, left the cave and entered into the blinding sunlight. They brought with them all the gold they could carry in their pockets, in sacks and satchels and on wagons. They shared their riches to everyone in that oasis town. Then, one by one, they townsfolk left. They hopped caravans or formed caravans of their own, they stocked up covered wagons, or they just walked solemnly into the desert, never to go back to that horrid place again.
Before the town was completely abandoned, however, one of the surviving miners - Fiddit, the driller - placed some explosive charges around the entrance to the mine and detonated them. She destroyed it in such a way that the explosion caused a chain reaction throughout the complex, collapsing every tunnel and path in the earth. Generations had spent sweat and blood carving inch by inch into the ground all for the rapacious lust of a brutal tyrant. And now it was sealed up, forever.
None today know the location of that Gateway to Greed. But let this tale be a reminder to us all: never let the insatiable hunger for more drive you to commit cruelty against another. We are all susceptible to the temptations of greed - from the mightiest dragons to the lowliest lizards crawling their bellies on the earth. Never forget that.

Go in peace; may Wisdom bless us all. Amen, amen.

GAME OVER

TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 17, 2017

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

A Gateway to Greed

A Game for 15 players

- 4 Mafia
--- 1 Godfather
--- 1 Gaoler (jailor)
--- 2 Goons

- 11 Town
--- 1 Gunsmith (gets GUN on godfather, goons, vigilante, and bomb)
--- 1 Governor (can cancel one execution)
--- 1 ViGilante (two-shot, only at night)
--- 1 Doctor (or, Gydytojas in Lithuanian)
--- 1 Gendarme (naive cop)
--- 1 G....... Bomb (kills whoever kills them at night, OR the hammer vote)
--- 5 Good Innocent Townies (Vanilla)

================

Player List:

1) chaoslord - Mifta - Foreman (scum-aligned godfather)
2) Pinterest Mom - Khalia - Enforcer (scum-aligned jailor)
3) BottleKnight - Tab - Goon (scum-aligned goon)
4) Quidthulhu - Maatab - Goon (scum-aligned goon)
5) CCKeane - Dhaba - Machinist (town-aligned gunsmith)
6) The Lord of Hats - Nahas - Lanternmaster (town-aligned governor)
7) Murmur Twin - Fiddit - Driller (town-aligned vigilante)
8) Grandicap - Hadid - Cook (town-aligned doctor)
9) Jonathan Fisk - Subul - Janitor (town-aligned cop)
10) Anomalous Amalgam - Faham - Blaster (town-aligned bomb)
11) Dick Bastardly - Mauel - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
12) Max - Sam - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
13) Tobbs Gnawed - Kam - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
14) got some chores tonight - Hajair - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
15) Rarity stickup - Alkhasi - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)

================

Day 1:
Town executes AA
DB hammers, dies

Night 1:
PMom jails Keane
BK kills TremTa
Keane gunsmiths Hats
Murmur kills TremTa
Grandi protects Tobbs
TremTa naivestigates Keane

Day 2:
Town executes Tobbs

Night 2:
PMom jails Keane
BK kills chores
Keane gunsmiths Hats (FAILS, jailed!)
Murmur kills chaos
Grandi protects Max

Day 3:
Town executes Quid

Night 3:
PMom jails Murmur (lol)
BK kills Keane
Keane gunsmiths Hats
Grandi protects Max

Day 4:
Town executes BK

Night 4:
PMom jails
Grandi protects Max

Day 5:
Town executes PM

GAME OVER

================

chaoslord - Mifta - Foreman (scum-aligned godfather)
Pinterest Mom - Khalia - Enforcer (scum-aligned jailor)
BottleKnight - Tab - Goon (scum-aligned goon)
Quidthulhu - Maatab - Goon (scum-aligned goon)
You have toiled away in the mines for all your life; from before you were even hatched you knew how you would die. It could be from suffocation, from a cave-in, from even something as simple as a slip and fall, or even from your lungs filling up with rock dust until you can't even breath above ground. It is an awful existence, and you have dreamed of escaping it some day.
Now it looks as if you finally have your chance. You heard your master's screams and gurgles of panic echo through the tunnels from his hidden chambers, and it reeeeeeally sounded like he died. If he did shuffle off this mortal coil, then that means your servitude has ended - you are free, free to go anywhere in the world, somewhere cold and wet, where the dirt stays dirt and doesn't fly into your face and embeds itself under your scales. But having to split the gold sixteen ways... that might be enough to get you to the coast, maybe even to a boat, but, what then? And so you and your closest friends settled on a plan - murder all the other miners and whomever survives gets to keep the whole pot. After all, they'd do the same to you if they could.

You are a mafioso! You seek to own all of the latest haul for yourselves, and as such win when all non-scum players are eliminated, or if nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Quidthulhu; BottleKnight; chaoslord; and Pinterest Mom. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment and may speak together freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that may be performed in lieu of other night actions. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.

CHAOSLORD:
You are the beloved foreman of the mining operation. You have shown a deep and abiding care for the lizards and men under your command. However, all of that means nothing compared to a chance at true freedom from your bondage - and only the gold can do that. If investigated by a cop, they will return "TOWN" results, or whatever positive equivalent thereof.
You are a godfather and you are scum-aligned.

PINTEREST MOM:
To assist you, you have a wide set of skills as a guard for the gold mine. Gebsi killed all the guards for his personal chambers, but his purging had yet to reach to the ones on the bottom, in the mine, making sure nobody is filling gold nuggets in their pockets and satchels. (That's you.) You have the authority to detain those you suspect of thievery in a special cell without anyone suspecting something is up. During the night you may target a player in the game and hold them in your cell; they will both be untargetable by other actions that night, AND will be unable to perform actions themselves, if they have any.
You are a jailor and you are scum-aligned.

BK AND QUID:
You are otherwise just an ordinary miner with no other outstanding powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are scum-aligned.

CCKeane - Dhaba - Machinist (town-aligned gunsmith)
You have toiled away in the mines for all your life; from before you were even hatched you knew how you would die. It could be from suffocation, from a cave-in, from even something as simple as a slip and fall, or even from your lungs filling up with rock dust until you can't even breath above ground. It is an awful existence, and you have dreamed of escaping it some day.
Now it looks like you have your chance. You and everyone in the mine heard your master's wails of terror, which became a pained gurgling, and which were suddenly silenced. Could he be dead? Could your bonds of servitude finally be broken? You could leave this place - you could grab your family, what meager gold and food you have left, hop on a caravan, and travel far away, to where the sun doesn't hurt your eyes and where the ground doesn't crust itself between your scales. But first you have to escape. Not only has the entrance to the mine collapsed, but some of your fellow miners have decided to take all your latest gold for themselves by murdering the rest. Now you need to find them and bring them to justice. Freedom is within your grasp - you only have to take it.

You are a townie! You seek to protect yourselves from the scum in your midst, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated, or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
To assist you, you can use your skills as the machinist for the mine. The mine uses a lot of complicated magickal equipment, such as drills and borers and shovels, which often break down either because they were poorly used or just from sand clogging up the gears. And it's your job to fix it. The murder last night seemed to have been done with one of the drills, and only a few people in this mine know how to use it. During the night you can target a player in the game and be told whether they have CERTIFICATION or if they have NO CERTIFICATION. You are certain some innocent people have certification, and likely some murderous scum aren't certified either, but it's likely still better than picking from a hat.
You are a gunsmith and you are town-aligned.

The Lord of Hats - Nahas - Lanternmaster (town-aligned governor)
You have toiled away in the mines for all your life; from before you were even born you knew how you would die. It could be from suffocation, from a cave-in, from even something as simple as a slip and fall, or even from your lungs filling up with rock dust until you can't even breath above ground. It is an awful existence, and you have dreamed of escaping it some day.
Now it looks like you have your chance. You and everyone in the mine heard your master's wails of terror, which became a pained gurgling, and which were suddenly silenced. Could he be dead? Could your bonds of servitude finally be broken? You could leave this place - you could grab your family, what meager gold and food you have left, hop on a caravan, and travel far away, to where the sun doesn't hurt your eyes and where the ground doesn't crust into your hair or your under your fingernails. But first you have to escape. Not only has the entrance to the mine collapsed, but some of your fellow miners have decided to take all your latest gold for themselves by murdering the rest. Now you need to find them and bring them to justice. Freedom is within your grasp - you only have to take it.

You are a townie! You seek to protect yourselves from the scum in your midst, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated, or nothing can stop the same. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You are also in charge of the lanterns. Without them, the mine would be as dark as a moonsless night, and they frequently go out, giving you plenty of work to do. It's a real skill too, not everyone can do it - casting a spark spell on the lanterns making a flame bright enough for people to see, but not so bright that it consumes all the air in the tunnel (or damages the lantern). You also have the ability, since you created these fires, to snuff them out with the snap of your fingers. Once during the game you can suddenly bring the tunnels to darkness; this will automatically end the day early, since it'll take the rest of the day to light all the lanterns back. If done after an execution has been decided, it'll automatically cancel the execution as well (please submit within 30 minutes of hammer, or just queue it up in advance).
You are a governor and you are town-aligned.

Murmur Twin - Fiddit - Driller (town-aligned vigilante)
Now it looks like you have your chance. You and everyone in the mine heard your master's wails of terror, which became a pained gurgling, and which were suddenly silenced. Could he be dead? Could your bonds of servitude finally be broken? You could leave this place - you could grab your family, what meager gold and food you have left, hop on a caravan, and travel far away, to where the sun doesn't hurt your eyes and where the ground doesn't crust itself between your scales. But first you have to escape. Not only has the entrance to the mine collapsed, but some of your fellow miners have decided to take all your latest gold for themselves by murdering the rest. Now you need to find them and bring them to justice. Freedom is within your grasp - you only have to take it.

You also specialize in the magickal drilling equipment. The engineers tell you where to point it, and you grind a crank, and magickal gears and gewgaws do the rest - tons of stone can be tilled in a matter of hours, which would take lizard and human diggers weeks to do. It's very dangerous equipment, however, and if anyone gets in the way they'll be ground to mincemeat pretty quickly. During the night you can use it on a sleeping person, killing them. You may use this twice before the drill breaks down.
You are a vigilante and you are town-aligned.

Grandicap - Hadid - Cook (town-aligned doctor)
You have toiled away in the mines for all your life; from before you were even born you knew how you would die. It could be from suffocation, from a cave-in, from even something as simple as a slip and fall, or even from your lungs filling up with rock dust until you can't even breath above ground. It is an awful existence, and you have dreamed of escaping it some day.
Now it looks like you have your chance. You and everyone in the mine heard your master's wails of terror, which became a pained gurgling, and which were suddenly silenced. Could he be dead? Could your bonds of servitude finally be broken? You could leave this place - you could grab your family, what meager gold and food you have left, hop on a caravan, and travel far away, to where the sun doesn't hurt your eyes and where the ground doesn't crust itself between your hair and under your nails. But first you have to escape. Not only has the entrance to the mine collapsed, but some of your fellow miners have decided to take all your latest gold for themselves by murdering the rest. Now you need to find them and bring them to justice. Freedom is within your grasp - you only have to take it.

To assist you, you also have the strongest power in the game - the power of a good stew. You cook for the miners each night, giving life back to their weary bones and letting them face the next day. What they don't know is this is quite literal - you cast white magicks into your stews that actually directly heal their muscles and joints. If you concentrated your energies into one serving, it could even, perhaps, save someone from certain death. During the night you may target a player in the game; you will feed them super-charged stew that'll keep them alive for the next day. You may target the same player as many times in a row, but you may not target yourself.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

Jonathan Fisk - Subul - Janitor (town-aligned cop)

You also have the power of investigation. As the janitor for the mine, you are always there, watching and observing the miners at their job. You clean up after them, keeping dust and dirt and sand and pebbles from cluttering the tunnels, but you also know them better than they think. During the night you can target a player in the game and investigate them - you will be told if they are TOWN or NOT TOWN.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Anomalous Amalgam - Faham - Blaster (town-aligned bomb)

You also have the powers of boom and bust. The mine requires a lot of explosives for those rocks and layers of granite that are just too tough for drills and picks, and that's where you come in. You are trained in magickal and chemical mixtures that, when lit with a spark, cause a grand explosion, strong enough to shatter even the toughest earth. You've also rigged yourself with some explosives, as a happy surprise for anyone who tries to take your life. If you are killed at night, your killer will die. If you are ever hammered, the hammer vote will die. In both cases you'll die too, but at least those killer bastards will get what's coming to them.
You are a bomb and you are town-aligned.

Dick Bastardly - Mauel - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
Max - Sam - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
Tobbs Gnawed - Kam - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
got some chores tonight - Hajair - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)
Rarity stickup - Alkhasi - Miner (town-aligned vanilla)

You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Thank you all for playing!

I have no notes, everything was obvious.

The gimmick for this game was The Letter G.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

let it be Known that rarity replaced out as town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Neat game, Ecco!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

thanks for running ecco. I am glad I replaced in even though the scum team bailed on the game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

this is a stickup posted:

let it be Known that rarity replaced out as town

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

> steal the gold off the dead scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apologies for overdoing it this game. I assumed the scum were putting in effort.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

ggs all

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm just glad that I was able to get back into the swing of things, at least a little bit.

What a nothing scum effort, though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I thought that Max scum/tobbs town was a lot more likely than Tobbs scum/max town. I found (find) Max's all-in defense of Tobbs not to be a good look. I thought you might agree and that we might be able to dunk Max instead.

It turns out, this was almost a scum claim.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

who voted aa d1 whos not scum i am going to give them the wag of the finger

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Me I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012