Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

It's the same old story,
All love and glory,
It's a pantomime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Ecco wants me to play.

I want you to play.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

now I don't have to resort to loving a robot! Thanks Beeeeeeeek!

You should still consider it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I think, unless I missed someone, you fill it up! game tentatively begins Monday or Tuesday, which would be a really nice thought wouldn't it? I'll try to make that world happen, but you know.

Monday the 13th?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

of November.

I had to check the calendar just to make sure you did your homework.

I'm proud of you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Holy poo poo I got a role PM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I Understand That The Kansas City Chiefs Were Robbed In The 1993 AFC Championship Game And I Will Spend The Rest Of My Life Complaining About This Injustice Despite The Fact That I Was Not Born Until Over A Year After This Game Was Played

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

I Understand That This Game Follows The Normal Ecco Rules Regarding Unvoting, And Also That BottleKnight Is Younger Than I Thought.

I'm just a little tyke.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm a lynchbomb.

I'm a paying subscriber to the new yorker.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Also I am not 3p Batman this time thank the lord~

That sounds exactly like something Batman would say.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I got called the same thing as a kid.

e: sorry misread, nevermind.

:golfclap:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I find AA's lunchbomb claim lukewarm and would encourage him to claim something more exciting and lively.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Life is lukewarm unfortunately. The truth will set you free though!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Or quote this post to find out your alignment.

i must do literally every buzzfeed, for i am but a slave

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hate lizards and I am going to vote for the person with the avatar that reminds me the most of lizards.

give me a moment to analyze.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote quidnose

that didn't take long

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Wait, comparing an elder god to a lizard. Blasphemy!

##vote BottleKnight

Not so much a comparison as a resemblance

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also, I want to make it very clear to my constituents, while I am not anti-smooching, I am also very much not for it, and I find the topic at hand to be of immense concern to the American people. I will ensure that the various smooches and also smoochies, as some like to call them, are monitored and taken care of when appropriate. The smoochie issue is one I take very seriously, and I will do everything in my power to keep it under control.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

but.... you voted for me.... seems like I swayed you to the point of earning your support!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Thank you for your votes, fellow citizens.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm tab and my flavor is very close to the sample role pm

Tab 2017, for A Better Mine

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is the difference that you are a murder kobold who wants all the gold?

No, I am not scum.

Well, except IRL.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

there's something here

bugs bunny reference?

google docs?

what could it mean

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

AA's posting in the beginning of the game was very self aware and seemed off. When I voted him, he "jokingly" voted me and responded immediately. I think he is a ne'er-do-well who is AFRAID of getting CAUGHT.

Nah-

Then vote me playboy. Vote me so hard, you unvote me and vote me again. My cagey, self awareness is 2meta4me, I just play it like it is. I tell it like it is.

You're a donkey brain scumlord.

Sorry you rolled scum man. Sorry for your loss.

Oh OK. ##unvote ##vote AA

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lynchbomb is a super great claim for scum.

What's the town motivation for claiming it D1?

There isn't one.

Also there's no interesting flavor associated with it.

That aside, Keane could be scum.

Miller is also a great claim for scum, which is why the town strat is to claim immediately. Claiming lynchbomb early is a good call if you are town imo.

I think AA is scum for his posting, not his claim.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

:Mafia Dad Post: Having played a bomb before, claiming bomb was the wrong move if you really are one.

Can you elaborate? Because I disagree but your logic is probably sound, knowing you.

CCKeane posted:

I'm rereading but you were wrong here and a further reading of AA shows him explicitly saying Lynch before.

He switched to lunch halfway through and claimed that his phone autocorrected, (which seems possible) and then later corrected again to plain "bomb" as his role name.

How do you feel about AAs role going through three name changes before he settles on one?

I also posted this:

And it stood uncorrected, with AA mentioning a more elaborate role name until I made explicit case on it.

This is a bad post and I get a real tunneling vibe from it.

In defense of my life for an actual better use of it, consider the following:

- Would I, as scum, draw this much attention to myself unnecessarily day one? Remove me from the equation, would it be a good play by anyone?
- What would I have to gain by lying about this claim? Imagine it as town, scum and 3P?
- Offering my ability up voluntarily to not only clear myself in act of martyrdom, but also destroy a target the town collective deemed as scummy, should stand as town motive for my play and justifications.

WIFOM
WIFOM
WIFOM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Like, bomb makes it more likely that scum is going to not NK you, both because they know they can look elsewhere for power roles and because you always present the possibility of two townies dying in one day if suspicion does ever fall on you and they play the day right. Claiming bomb is worse than not claiming bomb until you have to, because if you happen to be NKed before claiming, then you've helped town dodge a bullet.

Okay yeah that makes sense

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Keane did this earlier. You are a bad player. Bad player. Keane at least had some real reasoning.

##unvote
##vote The Lord of Hats

This is rude. Don't do this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

:chanpop:

AA is 100% unequivocally telling the truth here. BK will also agree.

I'm pegged.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Right now, I think Keane trying to effort-case AA looks scummier than AA's posting. If I were scum and I knew AA was town, I think that AA would be the easiest person to case to try and drive a mislynch and it feels to me that's what Keane is doing.

This but rarity. She comes in way after a bunch of AA stuff has happened and starts shooting very confidently, very hard. Completely sure AA's claim is bullshit to the point where she says she'll hammer him (knowing she'll be fast asleep during deadline).

Rarity posted:

In my experience anyone who says "why would I do X as scum?" is scum. It's the last line of defence when you've run out of logical arguments, scum love it cause there's really no suitable answer to the question.

the post she quoted had already been called out by multiple people. I don't think this is a fresh catch-up on the thread, I think this is an attempt to score points on things that people had already cleared up. Try to slam dunk a case that has been building and ongoing since the beginning. The definition of not sticking your neck out but trying to make it look like you are.

It reads to me like bussing. I'll keep voting AA because that meltdown is almost certainly scum, but Rarity definitely seems like scum here as well.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Oh, poo poo, my computer doesn't have office on it. Downloading free trial now. I guess I could get open office, or LaTeX and be a super nerd.

LibreOffice IMO.

How do you feel about Max? You're voting him but there's been a lot of posts since yesterday morning.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I'm honestly willing to vote Grandi if people are around to make that happen.

I think he's being lurking scum but not enough to switch off of AA.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Surprised AA was town. This post pinged me yesterday but it especially pings me post-flip.

Grandicap posted:

I'm reading AA's meltdown as a town meltdown. Won't vote there unless I have to when the day ends.

Grandi and Rarity are my top 2 scumpicks. Will do a reread of both of them soon, it shouldn't take me long, but I'm busy today.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

this post is really weird coming from keane

You're basing this on meta?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity replacing out is the tiebreaker for me. ##vote rarity

I'll refer everyone to my case from yesterday, which she did not address before she left.

BottleKnight posted:

This but rarity. She comes in way after a bunch of AA stuff has happened and starts shooting very confidently, very hard. Completely sure AA's claim is bullshit to the point where she says she'll hammer him (knowing she'll be fast asleep during deadline).

the post she quoted had already been called out by multiple people. I don't think this is a fresh catch-up on the thread, I think this is an attempt to score points on things that people had already cleared up. Try to slam dunk a case that has been building and ongoing since the beginning. The definition of not sticking your neck out but trying to make it look like you are.

It reads to me like bussing. I'll keep voting AA because that meltdown is almost certainly scum, but Rarity definitely seems like scum here as well.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Obviously her and AA are not scum together, but it still reads to me like Rarity was coming in to slam dunk a bunch of cred disingenuously on someone she knew was having a town meltdown.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

these are some fresh page 8 extra sticky takes

bow the gently caress down

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Rarity replacing out is the tiebreaker for me. ##vote rarity

I'll refer everyone to my case from yesterday, which she did not address before she left.

UGH

obviously ##unvote ##vote stickup

my brain is full of mush

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote bottleknight

afaik rarity loves playing scum and I doubt she'd replace out as scum. I expect you'd know this and are trying for an easy push

personally I am the same way and have never even considered replacing out as scum. right now I am v. upset with ecco for not retroactively changing rarity's role to murder slug

weird meta defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

you're right, my entire case is irrelevant because of your one meta point and I should've known better

• Locked thread