Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I picked the letter for this (possibly) so after basically single handedly losing the game that had my namesake in it I have to redeem myself here

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I have escaped Oklahoma :toot: someone tell me who to vote tia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

urself.

Rude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

BK or Keane, imho

Not rude

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote chaoslord for a darker tomorrow

...is this rude or complimentary? I can't tell :iiam:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

AA's posting in the beginning of the game was very self aware and seemed off. When I voted him, he "jokingly" voted me and responded immediately. I think he is a ne'er-do-well who is AFRAID of getting CAUGHT.

Can you point to the posts that you feel this way about? I did a quick once over of their post history and didn't see much that stuck out to me (except for them not liking Lucille Bluth which should be punishable by death imo)

Well, I mean, the split personality back-to-back post was weird but I wouldn't qualify that as self aware

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Is joke phase over? Is it time to truth sleuth?

I'm not sure! But Keane said a thing I'm curious about. If he comes back with a joke I guess that'll answer your question.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote AA

Some mod meta, I know in times past Ecco has not provided fake claims. Rather, it has been "Give me some information and I will write you a fake role PM." Reading over AA's posts, it feels exactly like that to me. The way AA just dodges, giving little scrap answers, and then finally goes "Ok so here is stuff about my role" seems like that's what happened to me.

Even throwing away the mod meta bit, role claiming and then refusing to answer some imo straightforward questions about the role doesn't strike me as pro-town. The argument AA is making is that "Telling everyone I am a lynchbomb is pro town, but I am not going to talk about the rest of my role PM." It's reasonable that people are going to have questions about a claim, especially one that is kind of out of left field on D1. It's not reasonable to laugh those away if you are already willing to tell folks your role.

Plus I have a hard time believing "lunchingbomb" was a phone autocorrect (my phone wants to take lynchingbomb into lynching bomb). I'll admit that is probably coloring my view some.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I'd like to see CLs follow up here.

My follow up:

Joke phase is over, it is time to true sleuth

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

To build on that - AA's posting seems this game looks pretty relaxed, whereas Keane's case feels suspicious to me because he seems too sure of his read for D1.

MMT its statements like this that always make me think you are scum. Someone seems too sure of their read on D1? The last game we were in literally had a scum get caught from D1 reads! And what's wrong with people being confident?

But, that said, I checked and you resisted that push for similar reasons so this is consistent.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That aside, Keane could be scum.

Tobbs why Keane? I see this post

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm having trouble getting over how FF2 Keane is this game.

Does anyone have an example of him not-shitposting and being town?

Is that the whole basis of it or is there more?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Then truth sleuth harder, but who is SCUM other than me?

If I were going to vote someone not you, Dick B would be my choice. Here is a sequence of posts I don't get.

Keane asks for your role name.

Dick Bastardly posted:

drat fine question. There is absolutely no reason not to answer this if you're already willing to claim anyway.
Keane then asks for clarification on whether "Blaster lunchingbomb" is role then flavor or flavor then role :siren:based on a comment DB made:siren:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane is that a serious question because DONT PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS MAN
Keane asks for role name, flavor name, and what your flavor power is.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, your questions feel slightly too absurd to be genuine imo.

So... wait. Asking you for your role name was "drat fine". Then, DB pointed out something weird about what you said, so Keane asked for a clarification. Somehow, Keane asking for that clarification caught DB off guard. And then Keane trying to clarify what you were saying (including just repeating that "drat fine" question) is too absurd? How does it go from a great question to an absurd one? I think DB caught his contradiction because he tries to play it off jokingly in a post two minutes later, quoting himself and saying

Dick Bastardly posted:

There I go again TAKING THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. Just Lynch me and get it over with already.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dick Bastardly posted:

The first question was simple and to the point which I thought was a good question and was thinking that AA would probably not have a good answer to, it validated my suspicion of AA in my mind at that point. But then Keane kept going on with it in a manner that seemed less logical than it had started out, and I felt like serious Keane throwing "joke" questions around was a sort of affront to what I thought we shared in our suspicion of AA.

So, to be clear, you think this sequence is not logical for Keane to pursue?

CCKeane posted:

Alright, so what's your role name?

Blaster lunchingbomb

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'd actually be willing to buy this if it was just left as "Blaster", seeing as how my role flavor ID just "Miner" not "Miner McMiningtown"

CCKeane posted:

Hmmm

So is this:

Your role name or flavor name or is it flavor name then role name?

Because this is where you come in and start throwing shade at Keane's questioning, despite being around earlier.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, this is were I found Keane's post to be facetious. The way I see it, I think the order of role name vs. flavor name is obvious.

I mean, I agree with you in that thinking it's obvious, but I also don't see the problem in trying to nail down the specifics for someone who had been actively trying to avoid that.

TBH though I did not expect you to come in with a "No I am fine with what I did" response. Definitely a thinker.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

Rarity replacing out is the tiebreaker for me. ##vote rarity

I'll refer everyone to my case from yesterday, which she did not address before she left.

I like your case on the whole but I don't think the replacing out is such a big deal. Rarity does like playing scum so I have a hard time seeing her giving that up but if life is busy life is busy. Replacements are usually null tells unless it's like, meinberg.

That said, I won't vote stickup based on a Rarity case from D1. Stickup posts enough that a good read based on their own merits will be possible imo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, yeah, you're right.

I'm not scum this game though.

Tobbs I am interested in this post. Stickup makes a pretty good meta case on both you and MMT. You love meta and acknowledge that you believe stickup is correct. In your next post you declare MMT to be town. Why do you believe her to be town?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also these two posts made me laugh, emphasis mine

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Same reasons as yesterday. Keane believing AA but still pushing him is icing on the meta cake.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol you're really wrong. After that stupid, stupid D1 though town is hosed so you may as well get rid of me.

I'm vanilla town (since everyone is gunning for me).

Is the case on me just meta anyways?

Neat.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

I forgot and fell asleep :sun:

I'll read now!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't see her play as scummy.

That, and scum MMT tries really hard, and I'm not seeing it this game.

Yeah, ##vote Tobbs. You know there's a contradiction there after agreeing with stickup's post and making a town call on MMT and are using a gut read to side step it. Like, there's a really obvious reason MMT is probably town, but MMT has to point it out and tell you she claimed the vig. Which leads to this post

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh lol, I forgot you claimed the vig. No scum motivation to do that (and if the flavor happens again you're probably a serial killer).

So yeah, you're almost certainly town.

To which MMT's response captures my feelings exactly:

Murmur Twin posted:

So you made an alignment call on me without reading my posts first?

Adding in this and I don't expect to move my vote today.

Murmur Twin posted:

Don't forget the posts where Tobbs refers to a recent game where he was scum and then forgets about the same game when Stickup correctly points out that he's playing this one similarly.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

this is a stickup posted:

I'm conflicted as I think his opinion on tobbs is illogical, but he has a point about grandi

Want to take a moment to :yeah::agreed::same: this post.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think I wanted to kill infinitum but they went after you instead.

I reaaaaallly wanted to get you lynched, but CPig came in and sacrificed himself for the greater good (and we forgot I was pretending to be jailed N2).

Hey Max, I know you acknowledge this post here

Max posted:

Way to deflate my ego.

But does this change your opinion on Tobbs?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Fair enough. Wouldn't expect it to necessarily vault him to the top of your list so that's ok.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I have no opinion on Quid, and I agree with you about Hats.

Why Hats ahead of Quid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Was gonna play Sunday night the 12th but work called. Ok great. I'll be at home all day Monday then. Then work called again :rip:

Probably gonna take a break from non FF mafia until work settles down.

MMT I would have believed your cases if I were town too which is the biggest shame. We could have finally been town pals

Thanks Ecco as always

• Locked thread