Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

It's here! The long awaited, highly anticipated new gaming console from Nintendo: the Nintendo Switch!

This new entertainment device promises to enrich your life by being one of the most versatile game systems on the market! Play it at home, or on the go! There's a method of play for every kind of player!

Three Modes of Play!

In TV Mode, the Switch console rests in the Switch Dock and the game is displayed on the TV.
In Tabletop Mode, The Switch rests on a flat surface with its stand, allowing for more flexible play options.
In Handheld Mode, the Switch has both Joy-Cons attached to it, allowing for gaming on the go.

The Joy-Cons!

The Joy-Cons combine years worth of controller innovations into two small packages of fun! You can detach and attach them to the Switch at will, attache them to the Joy-Con Grip, and you can even forego Joy-Cons altogether by getting your hands on the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller! So many different ways to play!

Other Details!

-Console costs $300, while the Pro Controller is $70 and separate Joy-Cons will run you $90. poo poo be expensive
-Comes with a USB Type-C charger; battery life will vary depending on the games you play
-Up to 8 Switches can connect to each other for multiplayer
-A paid online subscription service is planned to launch in the fall, reports indicate that it'll be fairly cheap (roughly $17.50 to $26.50 per year)
-NO REGION LOCKING
-Has a capacitive touch screen, meaning it registers more than one touch
-Uses micro SD cards; would probably be a good idea to get a bigger card ASAP
-Cartridges are back, baby
-Specs are for losers and turbonerds that hate fun

Shut up about the console and show me the games!

If you say so!

Launch Day:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The biggest, most badass Zelda game ever is finally here! Live off the fat of the land and gather weapons and items as you go along your quest! Or just go straight to the end and get your rear end whupped by Ganon! The possibilities are so open to you in the biggest Zelda masterpiece yet (once dual audio gets patched in)!

1-2-Switch

The most insane launch title for the system, 1-2-Switch is all about showing off what the Joy-Cons can do! Milk a cow! Eat a sandwich! Pretend you're playing Wild Gunman! Pick up the phone! Count Koizumi's ice cubes! Around 28 different mini-games in total!

Super Bomberman R

HOLY poo poo BOMBERMAN IS BACK! Join Bomberman and seven other explosive personalities as they fight the evil machinations of Emperor Buggler and his Five Dastardly Bombers! Some people think this game looks bad but they're wrong! Buy it so we can keep Bomberman alive and maybe get him into Smash Bros.!

Snipperclips - Cut It Out, Together!

Already being declared GOTY by goons in the previous Switch threads, Snipperclips is an adorable co-op puzzle game where you cut out shapes with a friend to solve puzzles! Play with a friend in World or Party Mode, or go head-to-head with up to four other players in Blitz Mode!

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

The smash hit indie game of 2014 makes its way to Nintendo Switch as a launch title, with limited exclusitivity benefits! Purchase Specter of Torment by itself for a brand new adventure starring Specter Knight, or buy Treasure Trove and enjoy all the currently released content for Shovel Knight (includes the main campaign Shovel of Hope, Plague Knight's campaign Plague of Shadows, and the all-new Specter of Torment)!

Other Launch Titles
-Just Dance 2017
-Skylanders: Imaginators
-Fast RMX
-I Am Setsuna

Coming Soon:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

The perfect Mario Kart game returns, only this time it features the original Battle Mode and the return of Dry Bones (and also Junior, King Boo, and the Inklings) so now it's even more perfect. Also brings back Boo and Feather (Battle Mode only) items, and lets you carry two items like in Double Dash! Launches April 28th

ARMS

Following on the success of such beloved Nintendo fighting games like Urban Champion and Joy Mech Fight, ARMS smashes its way into the Switch's line-up! Choose from a cast of varied characters and arm types, then use your springy arms and character abilities to do battle! Playable with or without motion controls! Launches Q1/Q2 of 2017

Splatoon 2 (not Spla2n, Smellissa!)

The freshest game on the Wii U gets an even fresher sequel! Use new weapons like dual pistols, customize your Inkling more than ever before, and enjoy a brand new story that takes place after the events of the first Splatoon game! Launches Q2/Q3 of 2017

Super Mario Odyssey

All this time, subconsciously, I've wanted a game like Mario 64 that rehashes the plot of the Super Mario Adventure comic, and now I'm getting it. Also you can throw your hat and it has eyes? It looks like the best Mario game ever made. Launches Holiday 2017

Other Games Coming Soon
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Sonic Mania
-Project Sonic 2017
-Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (5/26)
-Puyo Puyo Tetris (4/25)
-New Shin Megami Tensei
-Disgaea 5 Complete (5/23)
-Skyrim
-NBA 2K
-Yooka-Laylee

FAQ

Do Switch cartridges really taste bad?

Yes. Nintendo has painstakingly coated each cartridge with denatonium benzoate, making it really bitter to taste and discouraging kids from eating them. It's not toxic, but keep this in mind when you decide to lick cartridges!

Should I bother getting this at launch?

If you really want Zelda and don't mind fighting other nerds for the system, then go for it. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to wait until availability for the system goes up (which should be once Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS are out)

How do I access a different eShop region?

Here's a handy guide on how to do this,, but the long and short of it is: Make a new Nintendo Account, change the region to the one you want (Japan for the Japanese eShop or United Kingdom for the European eShop), make a new user on the Switch, and connect that user with your new account.

When's the Virtual Console service coming out?

Soon™

Is the thread title gonna be changed every 12 seconds like the last two Switch threads?

No, and if VideoGames does do that, I will politely ask him not to do that

What does Waluigi think of the Nintendo Switch?

Nintengoons Discord Server

Goon Friend Codes

Alfalfa The Roach fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/xVnk16Y.mp4

Alfalfa The Roach fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 6, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

It's here, the Switch is finally here.

Now to use my Wii U to post on Miiverse while I play on the new console, the Nintendo Switch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm so loving jacked for my Zelda machine.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Zelda

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm getting one OP

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lemming posted:

I'm getting one OP

Goonspeed

My Switch is gonna arrive in the afternoon along with Zelda, but I gotta slog through work first before I can play it. I hope everyone else has a good time playing it though

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am going to buy all the Switch games but not because I want to play them.

I want to eat them.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Mahoning posted:

I'm so loving jacked for my Zelda machine.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am going to buy all the Switch games but not because I want to play them.

I want to eat them.

:same:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

New Zealanders welcome

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will be leaving my house in less then two hours to get my Switch on

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Trip report:

Both Best Buy and GameStop told me they only sold BotW Special Editions as preorders. So a reminder that Target will have a very limited amount tomorrow morning when they open. You could also try Toys R Us. WalMart tonight at midnight might also be a possibility.

Other than that, you and by you I mean ME are hosed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
switch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im getting one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

eonwe posted:

:same:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SNIP O' CLIPS

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
My GameStop is the only one in the area not opening at midnight. :smith:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

eonwe posted:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

After waiting all day with UPS telling me it would deliver Monday. It just update to say tomorrow :toot: I don't have to go to a midnight launch and play the return game.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

My Switch (from GameStop) will be at the UPS depot tomorrow morning, as will my preorder for the new Temples album (coincidentally releasing tomorrow).

My copy of BOTW is coming from Amazon, and it shows a USPS tracking number. The gently caress?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I have an Amazon pre-order on hold but I've kinda got the itch to go to Target and pick up a Neon one.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Like 95% of all the poo poo I've ever ordered from Amazon has been delivered through USPS. I'm pretty sure that's their primary shipping partner.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Like 95% of all the poo poo I've ever ordered from Amazon has been delivered through USPS. I'm pretty sure that's their primary shipping partner.

Ups and fedex have contracts with usps to finish delivery. So they might ups to your town then go with the mailman to you.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

gently caress, there's a hundred people at my Best Buy. Gonna be at the mercy of Amazon hauling rear end tomorrow.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Ducked down this morning in Aus cause I was tempted to maybe get one. Saw the prices and loving laffo

$500 for a Zelda machine. Good loving luck.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Hehe, my body is ready.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There was sadness when my Gamestop inevitably over preordered and I was one over the limit, but at least the guy there told me about a Best Buy that had some and *that* guy just did a headcount and said "Everyone in this line is getting one".

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is the thread title gonna be changed every 12 seconds like the last two Switch threads?

No, and if VideoGames does do that, I will politely ask him not to do that

gas

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

TG-Chrono posted:

Ducked down this morning in Aus cause I was tempted to maybe get one. Saw the prices and loving laffo

fuuuuck want those prooo controlllllers

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Soon™

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Switch dispatched last night and isn't arriving 'till Tuesday. You'd have thought retailers would have figured out by now how to ship to most postcodes on time. :arghfist:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TG-Chrono posted:

Sorry that you're poor and you hate fun. There's a game called Candy Crush that seems more up your alley. :smug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Should I go to sleep now so I can be closer to getting my switch?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm officially in line at Best Buy. Apparently they got like 100 in stock. Quite a line, but far from that number. Godspeed all you goons out there looking for a switch tonight. Wish me luck!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
FAST RMX

IT'S THE INDIE F-ZERO CLONE NOBODY TOLD YOU ABOUT

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Mahoning posted:

Sorry that you're poor and you hate fun. There's a game called Candy Crush that seems more up your alley. :smug:

But I could rent your mum's arsehole for the whole weekend with that much instead of playing games with chew protection

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

FAST RMX

Is this day one?

Getting Zelda physical. Snipperclips and this asap. It looks really fun.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

FAST RMX

i was playing 2player of this out the back of my work's building on my friend's new switch

a very very very good game

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

man nurse posted:

I'm officially in line at Best Buy. Apparently they got like 100 in stock. Quite a line, but far from that number. Godspeed all you goons out there looking for a switch tonight. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I'm going to try my luck at Target in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bombadilillo posted:

Is this day one?

Getting Zelda physical. Snipperclips and this asap. It looks really fun.

It is absolutely day one.

• Locked thread