Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

My boyfriend has been standing in line at a gamestop for nine hours now to get a switch and I love him and don't deserve him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

Macintosh HD posted:

My GameStop is the only one in the area not opening at midnight. :smith:

Same. :smith:

On the plus side, I work right next to it, so I can slip out around 10 for my break, pick mine up, and wander back. :unsmith:

I'm hoping the big lines end up at the stores doing midnight events and this one is more mellow so I'm not waiting for an hour. Still way nicer than when I camped out in the cold overnight for the Wii.

Baldrash fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 3, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

OP needs some love for NINDIES like Overcooked, Wargroove, etc. Couch multiplayer console boys.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004
My amazon preorder updated to shipping soon this morning with a delivery of Friday by 8pm, but i'm starting to doubt it. Can't remember a shipment this late to update before. Anyone else stuck in amazon shipping purgatory?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mahoning posted:

I'm so loving jacked for my Zelda machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quf0q3ABb7I&t=37s

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Zelda BOTW is incredible you guys.

Just spent hours doing absolutely nothing and had an absolute blast.
All the little things about this game are just going to blow your mind once you get your hands on it.
The spirit of wonder and exploration is back. My god is it back :allears:

Will post a 1-2-Switch trip report as well later, as my Niece was over and we played through all 28 games.

For now tho, I need sleeep

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fetko posted:

My amazon preorder updated to shipping soon this morning with a delivery of Friday by 8pm, but i'm starting to doubt it. Can't remember a shipment this late to update before. Anyone else stuck in amazon shipping purgatory?

I am too, good thing this is one of four preorders.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm at a Walmart and there's maybe a little under 30 people in line and that's about how many consoles there are.

Gonna get my neon :coolfish:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fetko posted:

Mine hasn't updated from "Preparing to Ship" all day, and I doubt it's going to ship out later than it already is.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Seeing people talking about how easily the screen scratches. What gives? I don't think I've been able to scratch any mobile tablet or device since the first iPhone.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Amazon release day shipping: Not actually release day.

They sent the Switch via FedEx, which never, ever delivers to my house (it's at the top of a hill and they don't want to go up the driveway) so I won't actually get it until Monday most likely.

:negative:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Infinitum posted:

Zelda BOTW is incredible you guys.

Just spent hours doing absolutely nothing and had an absolute blast.
All the little things about this game are just going to blow your mind once you get your hands on it.
The spirit of wonder and exploration is back. My god is it back :allears:

Will post a 1-2-Switch trip report as well later, as my Niece was over and we played through all 28 games.

For now tho, I need sleeep

Got a tldr on 12 switch?

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

deadwing posted:

I am too, good thing this is one of four preorders.

you're a bit more committed than me!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fetko posted:

you're a bit more committed than me!

I'm also in a Prime Now area though, so it's likely coming via Lasershit same day or something

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
The GameStop I'm at has a gang of six kids who showed up at 9am for the walk-in units.

Also most of the accessories have been pushed back. The charging grip is not coming out till the end of the month.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Will the VC stuff coexist with on the 3DS and WiiU? Will it support all the games that both of them do or some new set all together?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Honest question, how long does it take to download the day 1 patch for the console and Zelda? I just want to get into this ASAP and decides if I sleep tonight or not

Also got an email from my gamestop saying they wouldn't do a midnight release but when I called they said they totally would so who should I believe

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Will there be a trackmania for Switch? I have both trackmania games for the DS and they are great but the resolution is bad.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Honest question, how long does it take to download the day 1 patch for the console and Zelda? I just want to get into this ASAP and decides if I sleep tonight or not

Also got an email from my gamestop saying they wouldn't do a midnight release but when I called they said they totally would so who should I believe

It downloads in the background. Play Zelda ASAP.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Calaveron posted:

Call the store after normal closing time and see if anyone answers the phone.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just a heads up

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5x71ym/psa_nintendo_switch_uses_usb_pd_power_delivery/

According to this, the Nintendo Switch is confirmed to implement the USB Power Delivery specification. Keep that in mind when looking for 3rd party chargers. USB PD is NOT Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 or 3.0. USB PD is its own standard, most commonly found in Google's Pixel phones and, iirc, some Macbooks.

e: I should also mention that, afaik, USB PD is a standard only supported over USB C, as well. USB A > C cables and USB A chargers/batteries do not implement USB PD on those ports.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 3, 2017

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

deadwing posted:

I'm also in a Prime Now area though, so it's likely coming via Lasershit same day or something

yeah, same thing. although i don't think i've had an official Prime Now order that I know of.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
get to play for a few hours tomorrow before my shift, but ill be playing it as soon as i get home. hype

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goobs posted:

get to play for a few hours tomorrow before my shift, but ill be playing it as soon as i get home. hype

lets be switch multi buddies when splatoon comes out

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Please Amazon ship Zelda! Switch will be USELESS without Zelda and it's already 7:30PM with no ship notification

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

TG-Chrono posted:

Ducked down this morning in Aus cause I was tempted to maybe get one. Saw the prices and loving laffo

$500 for a Zelda machine. Good loving luck.

$750ish in NZ for console, zelda and pro controller.

I'll probably get one at some point but this plus the online sub poo poo is pretty lol

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

megalodong posted:

$750ish in NZ for console, zelda and pro controller.

I'll probably get one at some point but this plus the online sub poo poo is pretty lol

Online sub is acceptable given the Japanese price is 18 dollars a year

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Good to see the accessories in stock. Gonna have to run and pick up a case and maybe pro controller over the weekend.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Bombadilillo posted:

Got a tldr on 12 switch?

Wanna feel dem balls

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Calaveron posted:

It's tiny, took a minute or so. I suspect it just flicked a few software flags to turn things on. The Zelda one took about 5 minutes or so.

Played Zelda for an hour over my lunch break and it used about 27% battery, and I'm back up to 91% after about 20 minutes of charging. Pretty happy with it so far.

The game is loving amazing and I can't wait till I get home from soccer tonight to play some more :D. Only tried with the joycons as I can't be bothered to connect my Pro Controller while I'm at work. They were pretty comfortable for an hour session but I can see if you have giant hands they would be a little cramped. I put on one of the joycon strap things and had trouble getting it off again; looking online I'm not alone at being gimpy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Went to get my pre-ring done so I can get in and out super fast at Gamestop. At 6pm there was a huge line of people even though the store only has 8 consoles and one dude in a truck was basically doing doughnuts while screaming "I'LL GIVE 100 BUCKS TO WHOEVER GIVES ME THEIR SPOT IN LINE."

Can't wait to go up there in a couple hours again and see if anythings changed!!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

when should i go to best buy to pick up my preorder?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo (twice): yeah mate you'll definitely get it release day it's being sent via next day delivery courier it's cool

My package: on the other end of the country at 3:30am the day of release, going through Royal Mail.

I'm exceedingly excited for this console, but....ever feel like you've been cheated?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wish I could SWITCH my work needs around enough to have more time for video games. But with any luck I'll be picking one of these bad boys up by year's end.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Went to get my pre-ring done so I can get in and out super fast at Gamestop. At 6pm there was a huge line of people even though the store only has 8 consoles and one dude in a truck was basically doing doughnuts while screaming "I'LL GIVE 100 BUCKS TO WHOEVER GIVES ME THEIR SPOT IN LINE."

Can't wait to go up there in a couple hours again and see if anythings changed!!

almost through prering myself

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
How is demand so far?

I am debating swinging by Target (opens 8am) on my way to work to pick one up. I suppose I'm willing to wait a short while, but there's no way I'm lining up at like 5am.

Those of you planning on buying at midnight, how are the lines? Are there even lines at all?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Semi-trip report: The slack-jawed idiot at Gamestop yesterday wasn't sure how many Switches were coming in, or how many were pre-ordered so I'll just assume that's a no-go.

The girl at Fry's said about 40 people took vouchers for the midnight launch, and about 15 people were in line in front so I'm guessing the people with vouchers hosed off until midnight (this is on the west coast). They were also doing pre-orders so I'm not sure how that works in conjunction with the vouchers, but she implied all the Switches were pretty much accounted for.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Good luck brave goons out there getting your Switches.

Maybe someday I'll do a midnight launch for a console. Then I will be a true gamer.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

phourniner posted:

Good luck brave goons out there getting your Switches.

Maybe someday I'll do a midnight launch for a console. Then I will be a true gamer.
I've never seen a more sullen crowd of people as I have at a midnight launch a video game. Never again.

Here in Japan I am told there were lines in the usual places in Akihabara etc but not nearly as long as expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
GameStop here only has 1/3 of the zelda pre-orders they're supposed to have. The rest are still on the truck to be delivered some time tomorrow.

• Locked thread