Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Yodzilla posted:

I think my eyes just glazed over that, I really feel like as a whole the actual plot of BotW is super half-assed and kind of worthless. However I did appreciate the Gerudo woman being super pissed that Ocarina of Time era Ganon was masquerading as one of them.

e: also Zelda and Mipha's voice actresses sound like understudies for a high-school level Shakespearean production

The only "british" accents I've ever heard that made me want an American one instead.

So glad I played through the game with Japanese audio instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Botw having minimal plot is a feature imo

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Botw having minimal plot is a feature imo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm okay with a minimal plot but it feels like every plot point is repeated over and over and run into the ground.

Like yeah I get it you died a hundred years ago I heard the same poo poo from your other three useless buddies.

e: plot is fine, writing about said plot is bad even if the side characters are super charming

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I'm okay with a minimal plot but it feels like every plot point is repeated over and over and run into the ground.

Like yeah I get it you died a hundred years ago I heard the same poo poo from your other three useless buddies.

e: plot is fine, writing about said plot is bad even if the side characters are super charming

Yeah I think they felt they had to do it that way because you could do the dungeons in any order, but for some of it they just literally had the four characters voicing the exact same lines.

Edit: Much like everything else about the dungeons it wasn't bad, it just didn't meet the level set by the rest of the game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
maybe the DLC will fix it :shrug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I don't really have a problem with people treating him like Hyrule's Gordon Freeman (i.e., constant hero worship/mention of his past); the kid's a living legend, after all.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hopefully the DLC will replace all characters with Kass.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Hopefully the DLC will replace all characters with Kass.

Kass/Sidon buddy comedy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is sidon played by joseph jostar's va? he kinda sounds like it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have time travelled from the future to give the people of the past this crucial message:

The Switch is still good

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have time travelled from the future to give the people of the past this crucial message:

The Switch is still good

How's Super Mario World?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i've come from the past, to tell you guys i'm really excited for the switch. is super mario world on it?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

spit on my clit posted:

i've come from the past, to tell you guys i'm really excited for the switch. is super mario world on it?

bad news friend.....

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Super Mario World is the worst non-CD-I 2D Mario prove me wrong

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

HMS Beagle posted:

How's Super Mario World?

I've got bad news for you -- on November 2nd, 2018, Reggie drops the bomb in a rare moment of forwardness and tells gaming news outlets that the Switch is incapable of running SNES games to their standards. The New Switch has the power, however, and all SNES Virtual Console games will be exclusive.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Super Mario World is the worst non-CD-I 2D Mario prove me wrong

Mario Is Missing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

turnways posted:

Mario Is Missing

Og gameboy Mario

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Og gameboy Mario

gently caress yo self hater

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mega64 posted:

Hopefully the DLC will replace all characters with Lady Urbosa.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

turnways posted:

Mario Is Missing

The NES version.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Tbh the Switch is the perfect platform for Sega TV

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i heard sega forever runs bad in unity and is full of ads or it would be cool on phone.

didn't sega tv need to be hooked up to your cable?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo should just go to companies that are sitting on past good IPs and offer to make new games with them. Jet set radio, viewtiful joe, chu chu rocket. poo poo how is monkey ball not on this thing yet? Switch for new home of quirky rear end games that aren't afraid to be fun and strange. Not every game has to be badly written melodramatic nonsense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they could just make their own version though and not pay license holders

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or revive their own dead IPs like Clu Clu Land, Ice Climbers, and Metroid F-Zero.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would happily pay :10bux: for a Nintendo developed 'indie' style version of a new Ice Climber game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3yw6Xa24Q

Like it doesn't have to be fancy. Just modern Ice Climber

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm gonna be honest. I'm not sure there's more that can be done with F-Zero beyond what GX did. When Miyamoto talks about them not doing another one because they don't have any ideas for how to grow the game any further, I see his point.

I dunno. Do an HD release or put it on the inevitable GC virtual console. Whichever works, just put it out there. I don't think we need a new installment though, and there are other derelict Nintendo properties that are ripe for finally getting an update.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Miyamoto said that they don't want to do a new F-Zero until they created a "new type of controller interface" that is "particularly suited for F-Zero."

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd buy whatever expensive insane special joycon set they pack in if that means a new F-Zero.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/miyamoto_unsure_nintendo_can_make_another_great_f_zero_game

I was referring to this, from 2013.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

THREE SCREENS

Wonder if they'd port Starfox to the Switch, but remove the dual screen bullshit :nyoron:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nintendo should just go to companies that are sitting on past good IPs and offer to make new games with them. Jet set radio, viewtiful joe, chu chu rocket. poo poo how is monkey ball not on this thing yet? Switch for new home of quirky rear end games that aren't afraid to be fun and strange. Not every game has to be badly written melodramatic nonsense

Because the companies controlling those IPs are just Yakuza fronts now and Nintendo doesn't want to get involved with organized crime

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

What would be a good controller? A racing wheel? A joystick? How many different configurations are there for an analog axis?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Considering that he must've had Star Fox Zero on his mind at the time of the interview, he was probably talking about something along those lines. And since SF0 didn't pan out, maybe they'll just wait for a good opportunity for fzero.

But even still:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd buy whatever expensive insane special joycon set they pack in if that means a new F-Zero.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Cojawfee posted:

What would be a good controller? A racing wheel? A joystick? How many different configurations are there for an analog axis?

No less than this: http://fzero.wikia.com/wiki/F-Zero_AX

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Because the companies controlling those IPs are just Yakuza fronts now and Nintendo doesn't want to get involved with organized crime

:frogon:

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Does anyone know if it's possible to like another futuristic racing game more than F-Zero GX?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingEup posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to like another futuristic racing game more than F-Zero GX?

I honestly couldn't ask for more than just a straight remake of it with versions of X and AX's tracks included and online racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

My Switch came in the mail

:unsmith:

• Locked thread