Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm almost certain this question is asked constantly, but I just picked up a Switch today, and was looking for a hardshell case.

Looking at the RDS case or this one.

I'm open to other ones, but was wondering if anyone here had experience with or preference between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Does anyone have any experience with their Joycon Wriststrap lock not locking anymore? No matter which joycon I try putting it on, it just kinda squishes but does not click and/or lock.

I've never put them on the joycon the wrong way (I just got the system on Friday..) and this is just a bummer! I'm sure Nintendo will happily replace it (especially since it basically makes its function as a safety device useless.)

I tried googling it to see if anyone else has had a similar experience but the only results I got were people who put them on backwards and can't get them unstuck.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

They're easy to port, but the Switch isn't powerful enough to animate your avatar.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The lazy trolling in this thread is just boring tbh

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It took me over an hour but I finished applying a screen protector to my switch with no dust bubbles.

gently caress plastic screens.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Console threads are the worst.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Beastie posted:

The last time I preordered a game for fear of not being able to obtain it was in 2004 for Half-Life 2. I think that and GTA4 where the last two games where there simply were not enough copies to go around.

Oh my god 2004 was 13 years ago.

lmao if you didn't get a download code for a free copy of Half-Life 2 in the box with your ATI Radeon 9600.

also lmao if you weren't 13 and confused where the game was/disappointed to see the "included game" was just a code

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I swear to CHRIST ALMIGHTY that if they put the greatest game to grace the SNES (Yoshi's Island) on the switch but use the GBA port instead, I will flip my poo poo.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: This thread is cumming to ARMS

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Why bother with those when you can have a game that combines the Alola and Sinnoh regions into Pokémon: Star Platinum?

You're gonna have to freeze time to enjoy all the content in Game Freak's new MMO, Pokémon: The World.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

For real though, Alola and Sinnoh together would bring us the widest range of FASHION~ possible, and isn't that really what's most important?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Everyone please remember to silence your phones tomorrow so your entire office doesn't scorn you after Pikachu yells "PIIKAA" really loudly at the beginning of the direct.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Instant Sunrise posted:

The only exceptions were the VB, N64, GBC, GCN and Wii U

None of which had major hardware redesigns (but did have minor internal revisions)

What are you talking about? This is the thread for the Wii U's major hardware redesign. :smuggo:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I bought a bunch of awesome splatoon stickers for my switch case. Nothing obvious, just the squid sisters logo and 4 of my favorite clothing brands in game. Will post pics when I get them in

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm making the new OP, is there anything in particular people would like covered there or in a short FAQ section?

Recommended cases (I really like the $12 grey one)

The video on how to remove Joycon straps

The first like of the post should be something like "Buy Garou: Mark of the Wolves"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I was about to make fun of you guys for buying it twice already but then I realized that I did too whoops

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

Actually I think you'll find Waluigi's Mansion is about to be released

In Waluigi's Mansion, you crash a dinner party at a really nice, regular mansion and wreak havoc.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Electric Phantasm posted:

Cut them some slack they're trying their best to prevent a hostile takeover.

Veni, vidi, Vivendi.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

THEY FUCKIN DID IT

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

someone take yoshi's craft supplies away

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

i dont care about fire emblem

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Overwatch??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

get outta here rabbids

there are games to announce

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

stop announcing games you just announced

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

DO NOT LIKE PLEASE STOP

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

sorry toxx man, no overwatch

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Everyone has been saying that Mario's outfits are a reference to all of the older games... but what if he's actually buying his wardrobe for what turns out to be FUTURE GAMES IN THE TIMELINE???

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

VideoGames, however...

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

If u think about it all games have 'video'

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

Pic an avatar and stick with it

Christ

CHRIST

You can't make him. He's gone... Rogue.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Housh posted:

I want Nidhogg 2 on the Switch.

Holy poo poo, the Switch is pretty much the ideal platform for Nidhogg.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Actually the Switch is the ideal platform for all games.

Not Sega Bass Fishing... Yet.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Ventana posted:

Wii U can already play every main Mario game except Sunshine, close enough

Not Odyssey. :smug:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It can also play every Legend of Zelda game.

Not Breath of the W... :smugjones:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

Do you know what can play every Zelda game ever made?

PC via emulators.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I need a second Switch so that I don't have to trust anyone else with my trade only evos in Pokémon Stars (2018)

..what do you mean the Switch is a social console??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I hope in New Donk City that there's a bridge, and if you go under it you can find an excavation site with a tunnel that leads deep down to an interdimensional portal.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lmao if you haven't added fiber supplements to your diet and installed a bidet

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Please play with motion controls in your crowded plane.

Also I hope your battery doesn't run out or else the cute girl in the next seat over won't be able to play Mario Kart with you.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

At the very least get a couple bloomin' onions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Viewtiful Jew posted:

There will be a 1-2 Switch stage in the next Smash and it will be either awesome or impossible to play on like the Electroplankton stage.

I'm way more excited for the Odyssey stage, which is pretty much as big as if you smashed New Pork(donk) City, Palutena's Temple, and Temple together.

• Locked thread