Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am going to buy all the Switch games but not because I want to play them.

I want to eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Harlock posted:

Watched a gamestop clerk give someone a 10 minute speech on why they should buy the Zelda season pass right now. Midnight launches are great guys.

I'll do you one better. I watched a clerk attempt to convince somebody to buy the new Zelda game. Just listening in casually, it sounded like the dude was not interested in it at all yet he really wanted the Switch.

I guess that person does exist.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just ate 1-2 Switch and I am absolutely tripping balls. Whatever Nintendo put on these things has me in a daze and I'm seeing some crazy poo poo right now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Has anybody made a meal out of the Switch cartridges yet? Maybe a Fettuswitch Alfredo or a pastrami sandswitch with a side of fries?

I melted my Bomberman R into a roux and mixed it together to make a pretty kickass gumbo that tastes like chemicals and poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: HHGregg has Nintendo Switch available online in both colors :ducksiren:

http://www.hhgregg.com/webapp/wcs/s...ice:&maxPrice:&

Just scroll down slightly and you'll see them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So what's the latest news on digital Backwards Compatibility for games from the Wii or Wii U?

I'm gonna go ahead and assume Virtual Console is 100% going to happen but I was trying to look and see what the newest info (if any) is for Wii or Wii U.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Just installed the Goon reccomended glass shield:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N3ASPNV/

Seriously, this should be a mandatory purchase for all Switch owners. No longer worried about dock scratching.

I appreciate this link. This is crucial.

Also, what's the recommended, must have travel case for this thing? If somebody could provide an Amazon link, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm making my Wishlist so I know what's the best for when I get this thing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Personally I want my Switch ruined and scratched because it shows I play it a lot and that I ain't afraid to work hard at this

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I never got a Wii U but Splatoon does look awesome. Done some reading on it but what makes this super fun compared to any other shooter?

I read a lot about the map covering ectoplasm mode but I guess there's other modes too? Just want a goon opinion here from some of you high energy folks so I can get more hyped up for Spla2n.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You did the right thing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Living the dream boys and girls.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Watched some Smash 4 tourney thing and well, it makes me beg and plead for mercy that it gets moved right over to the Switch. Combine both the WiiU and 3DS versions and make it happen Mr. Nintendo.

Matter of fact, release some Smash special edition Switch and I'll buy this drat thing again.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

First time ever I've been through the roof for a Nintendo E3.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, been following the thread since DAY ONE, REPRESENT, and I have a lot of travel ahead of me and I'm ready to take this thing around with me.

I have the amFilm tempered glass, a very large microsd card and obviously all the stuff that comes with Switch, but what are all my essentials I should buy?

What's my best case? What's all my essentials I should look to buy as a newer Switch owner?

Would love some recommendations and good quality of life purchases for my Switch.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Go back in time to get Zelda special edition for the sheikah slate case then hang up the map on your wall framed.

Honestly you basically already got the essentials although a good set of headphones is a must.

Good deal. Appreciate it!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If I recall, there was a post that showed how to do Bluetooth headphones/ear buds or whatever with this thing.

Two questions:

1) What's the device I need to do this? Is it this Bluetooth transmitter?

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Connected-Transmission/dp/B00P24XKS8

2) Can I get a recommendation on some awesome Bluetooth earbuds or headset with microphone?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Can anybody recommend me a couple awesome power banks for the Switch? Would love to get some ideas of what you all like/are using.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

pixaal posted:

Goons recommended this 20,000mAh battery for $30 in the Switch thread I don't go out much with my switch but I've never had it die and I think the lights on the side at a percentage indicator and if so I've never had it go to 75%. I've had the switch and a pro-controller plugged in for 2-3 hours on it. It's just over 4.5 times the size of the battery that comes with the switch. It weighs a good bit.

e: USB-C cable can matter, goons had good luck with this cable not causing a fire. There's a ton of cheap cables out there apparently.

Tons of help. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

poo poo. Now I don't want you to be wrong.

Same. I'm holding this guy to it. If you're wrong!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread