Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

skog posted:

I'm thinking of buying another charger to use in my bedroom but can anyone confirm if an ipad brick + USB-C works for charging?

Switch charges at 15v 2.6a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Flatulance-a-lot posted:

Got a non preorder switch from Walmart but they told me they weren't selling games tonight. What the gently caress Walmart?

I work for Walmart all Walmart processes are f***** up nobody knows what's going on I've heard Tales of people being told they can't buy it until the 8th

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So to add a friend you have to search by friend codes. I thought that Nintendo accounts were supposed to alleviate this problem with codes and crap.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

The Milkman posted:

Through the extremely scientific process of trying it one time, the MacBook pro's USB-C charger charges this thing much, much faster than the included one

Anything higher than 15v is potentially damaging to the Switch itself.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

PerrineClostermann posted:

If both the charger and the device implement USB PD properly, the Switch will not request anything higher than what it can accept, and the charger will not supply anything more than the Switch wants.

That's a big if. The Switch charger is 39w, so it obviously isn't the 29w apple charger. Looking at Apple's chargers, it looks like they do 20.4v, 9v at less power than Nintendo's provides, and 5v.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm honestly kinda surprised that there isnt a Nintendo Seal of Approval Screen Protector, all things considered
No reviews yet
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9RG3XS

This has about 30 reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/d/B01N3ASPNV

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 4, 2017

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

Are there any good hard cases for this thing yet? Seems like every case so far has problems.

The RDS Industries, licensed hard case. $20 from Walmart.

https://imgur.com/a/DdVRN

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 5, 2017

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rad Valtar posted:

Brickseek has failed me. Says my Wal-Mart has 9 consoles and the guy in electronics said they haven't had any all day. Every store around me is sold out. Sometimes I hate living in a small town.

They could possibly be on the truck still. When invoices are finalized, the on hands for the items are automatically changed based on what was sent on the according to the DC. The switches could be sitting in boxes underneath loads of apparel.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCxx-s4Jek
WELL poo poo! Gonna have to get it tonight.

So if Disgaea 5 already has English text and voice acting, why isn't it available on the US eShop?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

I got one of those tempered glass screen protectors, and I have a tiny pieces of something underneath it bugging the crap out of me.

Can these things be removed and reused?

For people trying to apply screen protectors and tempered glass protectors, do so in the bathroom​ with a hot shower running. The steam keeps dust particles from floating around and keeps your screen clean after you clean it. If you're trying to get a nice application, do not apply protectors any where else in your house. Unless of course you have like a clean room in your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

i know the switch is a handheld but im nervous taking it places on account of the screen scratching issues

Glass screen protectors cost $9 for a 2-pack. Go in your bathroom and make it steamy in there with your shower, this is the suggested area for applying protectors as the steam will cut down the dust.

• Locked thread