Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Stopped by my local wally at 11, line formed nicely and a lady employee had a full plan laid out. Snagged the last B/R switch, 2xPro Cons, and Zelda. Time for bed because I'm 36 and tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Out for delivery!
I can't wait to ignore the entire world for a day.

The last time I got to marathon a game, I was still in highschool.

This. Off today but work back to back 12's tomorrow and Sunday. Will get a ton of usage in handheld mode though, assuming work stays slow (it won't).

FWIW, my brother has about a 10ft gap between the JoyCons and Switch in the dock and hasn't had any JoyCon desync issues.

Also, Brickseeker had an identical amount of equipment as they listed at my local Walmart. That's great to know as it was my first time using them for a release on anything.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm shocked at the amount of people that have the time to play Zelda on handheld mode for over 2 hours while in bed in a normal basis. Then again, I'm not normal in the amount of hours I am putting in at school /work.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
ARE THERE FRAMERATE DROPS IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD THE LEGEND OF ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD:

yes.

DO THE FRAMERATE DROPS IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD THE LEGEND OF ZELDA BREATH OF THE WILD AFFECT GAMEPLAY:

no, because the game is that incredibly amazing to experience. unplayable trash, to me, is stuttering to a point of uncontrollable characters. this is not that at all. it's a slight drop in a very heavily grassed/shadowed area.

I haven't had any issues with the JoyCon desync. Switch on top of our TV stand and sitting position is about 10ft away. Switch is on the 5Ghz band in my house. Other devices on the 5Ghz are our cell phones. PS4 which is lower and to the left of the switch is about 3 feet away and on the 2.4Ghz band.

The UI for the Switch does render at 720P. Does it look like rear end? Not to me. It's perfectly serviceable, fast, and very clean.

The Joycons themselves ARE too small for me, but controller size is relative and it's not something that would have ever been perfect because again, size is relative.

The Pro-Controller is a great fit for my hands, with amazing battery life and responsive buttons that rival the DS4 and Xbone controller. Also, no issues with connectivity with it in my house.

Handheld mode eliminates the "joycons are micro-penis" for me because it allows my hands to wrap to the back of the Switch. The buttons on the JCs are very tactile and responsive.

Just my opinions and experiences so far. The only game I have played is Zelda. Down the pipe are Blaster Master because MY CHILDHOOD, MK8D, and I will see how the already amazing line-up of Indie titles fleshes out so as to pick and choose and not blow my load like I do with the Steam platform.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dehry posted:

I had two different sets of Joycons now, one from Best Buy, the other packaged with the Switch. Both left Joycons cut out in TV mode.

Did you try taking the switch out of the microwave/aquarium?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I have my switch wrapped in a pillow case because I wanted to bring it to work and did not have my case shipped yet.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

katkillad2 posted:

I was having similar issues. It seemed like having the Switch docked was screwing with the ability to connect. I've never had any issues with my router for anything. It also shows my connection on the Switch as medium strength... even though it's like 12 feet away separated by 2 walls. Taking it out of the dock I was finally able to update and connect to the store.

I can't tell if it's defective or just lovely with wifi, but you are the only other person I've seen have a similar complaint.

No issues with mine on my 5ghz channel about 30feet in another room.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Cheapest case option ATM.
https://www.amazon.com/Orzly-Carry-...ndo+switch+case

Will be trying this out once it's delivered and report back with status/quality/hatred/love.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Decius posted:

If a lot of people "hold it wrong" then maybe your design is at fault, not the people.

No no, there are that many idiots/ADDs/stupids. You have to literally be a dullard to do this wrong.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

My only problem is that I'm not playing it right now.

Quoted for honesty. Can't wait to have evenings free in a couple weeks to really dive in.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My dock is not bent and I also see little rubber bumpers at the bottom/front portion of the rail. Still getting a screen protector though.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I DID IT

https://twitter.com/dfwlly/status/840422301686476801

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Defective console.

Lol

Jebediah