Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

man nurse posted:

Well, I beat Zelda. Guess it's time to leave my Switch in sleep mode until Mario Kart comes out. :negative:

You could always check out the eshop daily and laugh at the nine or so titles they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Except Blaster Master Zero and Shovel Knight are really good, sooooooo

If Disgaea is your thing you can also grab it from the Japanese eShop right now and it's in English.

poo poo dude don't loving tempt me

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

iajanus posted:

Just do what I did last night; get blackout drunk while on prescription painkillers and like magic when you wake up you'll have both installed on your Switch and no recollection of purchasing them! They must have been a gift! No guilt!

Luckily I am gifted with the lack of painkillers, alcohol, and also an empty bank account.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

My issue with the Joycons is that sometimes around 3-5 feet away it's difficult for them regarding motion controls. sometimes it works fine, other times it's impossible to aim with it.

I'm unsure if I want to ship them for repair or not.

E: Regarding BoI, I love the game a lot but even on PC I don't have all of the millions of unlocks. The more unlocks you get, the more lovely the item pool gets and an awful player like me begins to struggle to find good runs. Doubt I will buy it for Switch but I hope it plays well for others.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 14, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'm glad that my switch had no actual defect to it

also gambling real hard with docking/undocking it without a screen protector

yeah I live on the edge and take insane gambles

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

I don't understand how people are scratching there's. Your not suppose to push down on the thing just let it go and it connects.

I gently lower mines until it sits nicely on the dock. Unsure how some people got grinding scratches on theirs.

When money is tight for you, you understand how much things mean to you.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I don't like Kickstand mode because I feel it's far too right and gives balance issues. I also don't like the joycons by themselves, feel too small in my giant meat hands, but that's more of an issue of mine, than one in general.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

There's a run on YouTube right now of a guy beating Zelda in 53 minutes.

What about an all korok seeds run?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Oh good it's about time MH got a Vanity system. I've played a bunch of games with it but always hated that Monster Hunter never adopted it widespread.

So when's the Switch version.

lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all my all-time great games back to gamestop.

You can't lick digital copies, silly bitch.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

FireMrshlBill posted:

He is an ex esports guy who ran a "team" and apparently didnt pay out prize money or reimburse travel expenses to his competitors and lost favor in the community, I don't know. But he is also the guy was has been first in line for the console releases for all the systems since the Wii and some games as well. Has a guiness world record for being first in line for Nintendo releases. Anyway, another youtuber CND waited in line for a month for the Switch outside the NYC Nintendo store to be officially the first in line for the Switch in NA, and Triforce waited with him to "pass the torch". Well some other guy hung around them for a few weeks and was supposed to do something sketchy to them, but didn't and supposedly lost his flight home because of that, then he complained about not being able to go home and they felt bad even though he was supposed to swindle them, and they helped him raise money on gofundme but he asked for $1500 at first for a plane ticket, they confronted him and he lowered it to $500. Then they found out he had money and just wanted to raise money from the community in order to have a plane ticket to PAX east and buy himself a Switch (so lied about going home).

gently caress, I feel like a loser for knowing that... I'm done with youtube...

edit: and apparently the guy who con'd them out of money performed a sexual act to get a Switch... I dunno... allegations, rumors, etc.

He's a shithead who used to hold a big fighting game team who eventually lost power when the players finally got tired of his bullshit and went to other teams/sponsors.

Some achievements he's done are;

Feeding his fighting game athletes a healthy feast of Canned Ravioli
Taking winnings from his players to pay for rent/utilities/food because 'they come to his house and train there' which I guess can be valid, but this stuff is usually discussed BEFOREHAND
Losing his marriage because said rent was way too much to house so many people for such little earnings they got.
Accusing other teams [like Evil Geniuses] of taking his top players with better deals because they wanted to kill his EMP name
Sending a player overseas [maybe France or Japan, I forgot] with a one way plane ticket and leaving that guy stranded for a while.
Meeting an ex player to talk or something at some food joint and bouncing on the check.

I know he's done some other stuff as well like pick his nose and eat it on stream but honestly I don't have the mental capacity to remember this guy so well

E: oh yeah I also forgot he went to Jamaica and worked as some E-Sports man or some poo poo, had an office and everything. Why he's still not over there idk

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 17, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I left my dumb horse at the entrance of Kakariko and it sat there for a week before i got Epona.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Riding a horse in Zelda to explore feels like using a Skell in Xenoblade to explore in that it completely ruins the experience of getting distracted by the little things that make the game fun.

I've used a horse once and will never use one again.

They're good for farming Yiga ambushes

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

a.lo posted:

I beat Zelda. Now where is Animal Crossing?

Why did you have to go and make me depressed?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Splatoon was meant to be a brand new thing for Nintendo. Tons of maps would have costed tons of money for them and a big loss if the game wasn't successful so they released it with a few MP maps and singleplayer and built on it like mad when they realised the audience liked it.

Also a small handful of maps was actually a sorta good thing. it let you learn them much quicker and rotations let ones you liked happen more often.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Actually most of those maps were ready at launch, and many of them were on the disc.

Huh. Wonder why they weren't added in then, maybe the devs weren't fully satisfied with them?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Sup bitches:

way too big imo.

Makes me wish for a Switch Dog charging dock

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I like my switch dock, I just wish it didn't feel so flimsy. I also expected it to be more as well but whatevs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

How long is the warranty? I didn't read anything while I was unboxing my Zelda machine.

Don't remember if I saw mine when unboxing, but it's usually one year.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When will we get battletoads?

haha just kidding, Rareware is dead these days.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Something to note about messed up left Joycons;

If sent to nintendo, they will not only fix it but renew your warranty for it as well! I also heard that they will fix any other issues they somehow find in your joycons/dock/tablet.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'm never buying golf game and you can't make me change.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Hmm okay, I was suspicious of even the $15+shipping on Amazon listings, but it was somewhat believable at least for Bomberman being that low on a secondary market. Didn't know it could be common for other games, too. Weird that they chose bomberman of all things to scam people, lol.

It sounds more believable than something like Zelda though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I heard Splatoon updates every 5 frames? what the gently caress poo poo is that?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

It's just golf with a man who has exceptional disguises.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If you don't get cock rock excited at a perfect shot I don't even know what to think of you

It's my nine-iron

StabMasterArson posted:

why not just lend your switch to your friend for them to play Zelda then ask for it back when you care again :confused:

Because fuckers never return it or they return it broken/late as gently caress

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Living the dream boys and girls.

Congrats you found a store with a Switch in stock and are gloating over your purchase over those salty wenches who couldn't get one!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

mayne NOT put smash 4 on switch and just give us the best version which is the 64 version

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Yeah like how they shouldn't have released a new Zelda game because the 64 had two already right? :haw:

What

E: Does anyone else get the weird effect of their right joycon losing life faster than the left? Right was a little over half while the left looked like it was full.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 27, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Infinitum posted:

If you are interested in more dong detection articles you can read what happened with the Lego MMO a bit further here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-01-lego-mmo-development-dogged-by-dong-detection-software

Think there was a much longer article somewhere going in depth about what happened, but it eventually devolved into approval queues and mod teams having to check each individual submission for dongs, which led to a massive dong backlog when you just wanted to build cool non-dong related stuff.

Why not just have a trust flag? this way, repeat offenders immediately get denied while trusted ones still get placed into the mod queue?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

Why not do like the Halo anniversary collection thing and release every Smash in a single cart?

I need to try Smash Brothers some day...

That would take longer to get online playability for each version

Also; Melee snobs

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Phantasium posted:

So you know how every time you get a Paint Star, it ends the chapter with you floating over the giant obvious object that lets you progress to color it? Well when you get to the Green Star, there's nothing left on your map, so you float off the map for a second and come back and Huey is like "wow, that was weird but I'm glad we're back". Then when you return it to the square it forms a giant rainbow leading to Bowser's Castle and you're like "cool, let's head to the world map". But when you try to climb it on the map you fall, so you go back into the square thinking wtf and try to climb it again when everyone's like well I guess you're not going that way... until the Mario Kart 8 lobby music starts playing and Luigi comes bursting in on his kart. Then you ride on his kart to get to the castle while Rainbow Road music plays subtly in the background, it's amazing.

edit: oh, you found it while I was typing.

Jesus gently caress I thought you were actually joking about this.

What the gently caress

Kirios posted:

I remember there being a Wario game on Gamecube that was kind of good? They should port that to Switch.

Just give me a sequel with better graphics and online where I can throw and body slam random fools. Also give me Waluigi

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

an actual dog posted:

They should do a weird sports game staring Waluigi

Waluigi dodgeball

Line up mario characters on a wall and pick the best on your team

focus on the fat little dopey toad that's on the enemy team and make sure he never has fun

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

eonwe posted:

its insanely stupid to buy a cartridge and have to store 13 gigs on your console

thats what the cartridge is for

No, the cartridge is for licking

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Nintendo Switch: I dropped my Joycon and punched myself in the balls.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kashuno posted:

is snake pass out?

snake is healthy, thanks for showing concern

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Emulating a console which has been out less than a month isn't a grey area, it's just lovely.

There are switch emulators now?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I remember when emulation was for people to play very old games who they might not have the consoles for, or something being too expensive, now it just seems like people trying to emulate as fast as possible for what particular reason?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

eonwe posted:

will u guys play mario kart and jackbox with me

I'm on the shelf about buying MK8 again also i aint gonna jack any other dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I dislike amiibos, but amiibo cards aren't bad I guess, really affordable and cheap enough to buy singles as long as they don't make some cards absurdly rare like how most TCGs are.

• Locked thread