Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Does this poo poo have a virtual console?

Being able to play Super Mario 64 and F-Zero X at the rooftop parties I go to is a strong selling point for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

When are Nintendo going to stop with the false scarcity because I want a Switch but I don't want to pay daft eBay prices for a used one.

ffs Nintendo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dugong posted:

Any U.K. goons have any experience with very.co.uk? There's a £20 off deal for ARMS but the site seems a bit dodgy.

No anecdotal experience but I see them advertised all the time on tv and in magazines so think they're kosher.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I've got bad news for you. The biggest game of the year is coming to the Switch :/

Sonic Mania, gently caress yeah

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I've never had a screen protector, never a scratch on any 3ds/wiiu screen I owned. similarly I never destroyed any 3ds thumbpad by playing smash bros or broke any wiimote by way of flinging it. I guess I just don't handle poo poo like a caveman? Idk how people ruin these things

I read that the dock tends to scratch the screen over time? That's the reason I want a screen protector when I get my Switch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey guys I have a hot take, here it is:

Mario Kart sucks

Thanks for reading my hot take

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Unbelievable.

What I really want is a new F-Zero game

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Guys I've watched several videos of ARMS and I dunno, it just doesn't look that good to me. It looks kinda janky imo.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I was at my local used videogames store today, they had a used Switch on sale for £340.

They are £280 new.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I thought those dumb things stopped being a thing 10+ years ago.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A game that literally nobody wanted.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

PERSONNALITIES

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

WTF are turtle shelves?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

Got my Switch on Friday and played one hour of Zelda on the toilet.

I am living in the future now and it owns.

I was playing Zelda on the toilet on my Game Boy like 20 years ago man

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I scored a Switch + BotW + the pro controller on eBay, I'm excited for my first Nintendo console since the Gamecube. It's the grey one unfortunately (I wanted neon) but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Might sell the pro controller to offset some more of the cost.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Norns posted:

I just want to play the best Mario game, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, on my Nintendo Switch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Stux posted:

zelda is literally a childrens franchise

and those children are now all grown up

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are the neon Switches worth more second hand? I've never seen one out in the wild.

They seem to go for the same price as grey from what I've seen over the last few weeks of looking for Switches on eBay.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

What's the average price on eBay right now?

Not sure if you're in the UK but they tend to go around the price of a new one, give or take £10. (not including postage which is usually £10-£15 on top).

I got a grey switch + BotW + a pro controller for £330 last night. Only used a handful of times and like new, or so the description said.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hammer Bro. posted:

Detached joycons are absolutely ruining me. I'm sitting here, scrolling through the internet, actively thinking, Man, I gotta have my hand way out on a desk?

I should probably write a utility that lets me do basic browser navigation with a joycon. But that'd get awkward when I try to BoI during meetings...

Wireless mouse on thigh

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I haven't played a Fifa game since Fifa 95 so that's fine with me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I bought sf2 but ima return it. It's bad

How come? I was planning to get it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got my Switch today, it's loving awesome and I can't wait to play Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle when it comes out.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey guys, what's the best hard travel case for the Nintendo Switch?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

USF2 is averaging 67% on metacritic which sounds about right. I'll wait for it to come down in price before I get it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hi guys, here is my story about ARMS.

I watched the trailer, I didn't think it looked good or interesting to me so I didn't play the demo and I won't buy the game.

That's my ARMS story thanks for listening.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also the Switch has a touch screen??

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm loving BotW and I think it's fantastic, but it's in no way a perfect 10. There are a bunch of little things that have me shaking my head from time to time and for that reason it's not perfect. To me.

(yeah I know 10/10 isn't "perfect" according to some game journalists but 10/10 = 100% = perfect)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The new Smash Bros. character is a Rabbid

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Splatoon 2 is getting its own gaming headphones that apparently connects to the Voice Chat app with its odd dongle.

Looks awkward.

This looks like one of those garbage things you see filling up the bargain bin at your local game store for a couple of dollars.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The only reason I got my switch was so I could play Super Mario World on it. Just release VC already Nintendo ffs.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So how about that Arms huh?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Be aware that in accordance with their family friendly image bringing Butterbeer from other sections of the park will cause park staff to replace your beverage with a non-alcoholic juice substitute.

Edit: more new details on the park:

Advanced technology is my favourite kind of technology!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is final fantasy 7 remake getting a switch release?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey thread I'm in a good mood because I had my last exam of the year today and I have a full summer of rooftop parties and airplane flights playing Switch to look forward to :whatup:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I get a screen protector? I guess I will be using it undocked from time to time but that would probably just be around the house, so it doesn't seem like it would get the wear and tear that my cell phone screen gets.

I was also thinking about getting a carrying case but I think I would probably only take it on the go like twice a year and for that I feel like my laptop bag should be fine

I look after my stuff but even then I just like the peace of mind that comes from having a screen protector on my Switch. It's only a lovely plastic one that came with the case though, I might upgrade to a tempered glass one at some point.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Has there ever been any indication or reports of Telltale games coming to Switch? Would love that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why can't I watch the E3 stream on my Switch, Nintendo??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

PUT YOUR HANDS UP IT'S TIME TO FAP

• Locked thread