Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I only have one question as I sit on the toilet gravely letting poop fly out of my butt. When the gently caress does Mario golf drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
*cries about graphics and power in 2017*

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

My graphics

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I just want to play Mario golf on a system that doesn't look like piss rear end poo poo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Fuuuuuck gently caress it just port 3ds games to Da Switch plz Nintendo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Eventide island is great and good we'll see ya

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

deetee posted:

This has probably been covered umpteen times, but in my brief search I found nothing. Is the pro controller worth having at this point, or does the joy-con do a serviceable job for Zelda?

I have monster man hands and the joycons do a fine job, though if you have the means, the pro controller is very nice.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXK5P86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_GcBVyb63EQQG3

A good stand

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bought my switch from GameStop and paid no tax? Still curious about that one

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Totally forgot about bomberman. Is it actually good?

lol no it's trash.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Zelda looks loving amazing, tia

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

BambooEarpick posted:

ffffffuuuuuu.

I want a Switch but now the internet is telling me that Switches are broken as fuuuuuck. Not being able to put your save data onto the memory card sounds dumb.

Maybe just live a little?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

InFlames235 posted:

Just stop being cheap asses and order this case before they go 2 months out on orders:

https://www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case

Best quality you're gonna find.

Actually it's trash because it's not a hardcase.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

When is neogeogames come to America store?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Zeldor is the only game ill need on the switch to consider it a success imHo :)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Just found another benefit to the Switch. We had like 50 mph winds here today and after work I was playing BotW and the power went out. I just grabbed it right out of the dock and kept playing.

:captainpop::chanpop:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

pliable posted:

I really fundamentally love this console. But jesus loving christ, Nintendo:

1. L Joy-Con issues
2. Docks scratching the screens.
3. The poo poo design of the Joy-Con straps
4. And my own personal problem, the left side of the Joy-Con grip becoming loose
5. No Gorilla Glass or anything for the screens.

They need to address and fix this poo poo. Besides the 360, I can't remember a console with so many fundamentally annoying, lovely design flaws.

I have literally none of these issues, thanks Reggie.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Switch on steering wheel + pro controller in traffic is sublime.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Welp, thanks Switch, got in a fender bender on the way to work.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Victim in the bender didn't care said Zelda rules :horse:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Just wanted to stop in here with a bit of a personal opinion, I think Zelda might be all right.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

nerox posted:

Drove 45 minutes to buy a switch, drove 15 more minutes to get Zelda, then drove an hour and 15 minutes to get a pro controller, then drove 15 minutes to back home.

Then I played Zelda for 4 hours and its all worth it. :pcgaming:

Played some of that Zelda today too, op. It's a fairly good game I think:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Macintosh HD posted:

This case is really good: https://www.amazon.com/Industries-N...switch+traveler

Amazon says 1-2 months but I found it at Walmart this afternoon.

This case is perfect for everything except extra space and that dumb logo. It's a huge case but you can't fit anything extra inside.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

zenintrude posted:

Voez is really great and any anyone who likes music/rhythm games would be silly not to pick it up.

Lmao yeah, ok... one second pal. Lemme just stop playing Zelda... NOT!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Friends, played some switch Zelda last night, reckon I'll play more today.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Murder retail workers.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

They're basically animals and you should treat them as such.

Agreed, use and abuse.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Loopoo posted:

Anyone else getting this really ugly-looking green tint in Zelda? I notice it most when there are clouds or mist and I'm up high. Everything becomes ugly because it's covered in this stupid green tint. I'm in Gerudo right now and the wind effects cause the green tint to be really bad at times. It comes and goes, I think it's the worst near sunset.

Is this a sign of a defective console, or is it normal?

Defective console.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Loopoo posted:

Everything else works flawlessly. Colours are vibrant and pretty. Only times green tint shows up is during cloudy, windy periods and when the sun is rising or setting.

I guess I'll take the console back for a refund.

Edit: oh right you were just being sarcastic.

It's just the way of the game, I found it a bit jarring at first as well, namaste :)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

gently caress

Rad Valtar posted:

People who get mad at retail workers don't understand the absolute ton of idiots they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Retail

Beastie posted:

Be courteous to people whether you are the customer or employee and you just might get nice perks like "oh someone just returned one 10 minutes ago, it's yours."

Peasants

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Norns posted:

Found a Switch. Zelda better be good.

It's... good!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Feenix posted:

So I know there's been some fraudulent memory sold on Amazon. Is sold by _______ company but "fulfilled by Amazon" a safer way of getting quality legit product and/or good return service if it's phony?

Not at all safer, but easier to return at least.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I remember reading something about the Switch not playing well with third party HDMI cables, is that a thing or was it just hearsay? I kind of want to put the dock on my end table for ease of access but the cable that came with the system is (obviously) way too short to do that

my switch is hooked up to a china man hdmi cable that is 35 feet long so i can SwItCh it without hobbling towards my giant tv, and it owns+rules

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I played some Zelda today, it was good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

Reaching out to Nintendo seems like it may be the way to go, although I'm not sure what avenue to use for that, or what they're going to say other than "download the latest update and try not to put this box near any electronics despite the fact that it needs to be attached to a large electronic device via a 3-foot cord."

I'm no scientist, but since my OWN left joy-con had some issues, and, again, i am no scientist, i googled "nintendo contact number" and let me tell you, the results were staggering, it gave me a phone number. 5 minutes later, i was able to figure out how to use this phone number, called and spoke with a kindly fellow who after asking me some very fair and non invasive questions sent me, through, EMAIL, no less, a prepaid label to send my joy-con away and receive a new one in a weeks time. Stunning, I bet Trump had a hand in this magic.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Was this the one that came with the system? I had heard that for those you had to send in the whole system.

the one that came with the system, i was worried and asked him this question and he laughed and said "no, just the joy-con, hope you got the pro controller!" to which i grinned and replied "oh, i do"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Revol posted:

I am also going to print a belt clip so I don't have to always carry it in my hands when I take it out with me. At the moment, I'm printing a earbud wire wrap that I edited to include a Triforce design.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lol just lol if you use a grip. Let your hands be wild and free just like the great goddess designed, each gingerly cradling a young and supple Nintendo brand JoyCon.

My broken brain shuts down and I can't control them separately :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Dehry posted:

https://pegaswitch.com/

Turn off updates now if you want homebrew emulators.

Can this be a software stealing free thread? Tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Dehry posted:

or maybe some people want to play Sonic 3 on their new handheld gaming tablet device.

Please don't discuss stolen software here.

• Locked thread