Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Just remember to lick the carts to ensure it's an official Nintendo product

If it tastes like poo poo, you know you're on a winner :v:

unironically can't wait until the future where bootleg Switch carts are everywhere on eBay and people have to lick carts to test authenticity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lelandjs posted:

in the mouth

make sure to hold it in your mouth for at least a minute for the first boot, the game has to initialize data

if you spit it out early data will be corrupted and you'll have to buy a new copy of the game

if you put the cartridge up the butt, you can do the install without worrying about the taste

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

After Zelda will probably be far enough out that I'll have Mario by then.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

The joycons enabling spontaneous multiplayer for simple games makes me really want them to release RBI Baseball for it. I hate that it's PS4/xb1 only.

I'd rather just get a virtual console version of the NES game.

That said those games are bad mobile ports of mobile versions so I don't see why they couldn't port it to the system that's basically a tablet.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bomberman is cute and I had fun for all of ten minutes before I remembered I'm a loving idiot for not mainlining more Zelda.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

parallelodad posted:

I want to buy Blaster Master Zero so it will be downloaded by the time I get home, and their site says it is available now, but I can't find a link anywhere to actually purchase it.

While it says "released" I don't think the store has actually updated yet, otherwise there'd be a purchase link on the page.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's been forever since I've touched OG Blaster Master, did you always take such severe fall damage outside of the tank?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

if you want to watch netflix, take the switch out of the dock *click* and then you can have netflix on your tv while you also play the game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gonna nerd it up in northeast hyrule today.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Get snipperclips and play with your son

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't know why that's getting traction but I played the majority of the beginning of Zelda with airplane mode on and still saw plenty of framerate drops so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Once you get out of the starting area the framerate improves a lot.

I know this, I'm just saying don't expect that to be some magical cure-all.

I just mentioned the starting area for emphasis, I'm well out of there, still playing in airplane mode, and still getting framerate drops when too much is going on.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever wanted advice on, but I bought a Switch for $300 straight up. I've been dying to play Zelda, but I also see this damned thing is selling for $420+ online and I'm totally debating selling it and picking it up later when they're widely available, but who knows when that will be. Are people really paying $140ish over the retail price for these? I'm always wary selling expensive things on eBay. But, good, portable Zelda....

eBay charges a ten percent fee straight up($42 in your example), there's also PayPal fees, and shipping a box that size comfortably is around $30, you're not actually making that much money and it's a big waste of time for something you already want to play and use and will have trouble finding again without you yourself paying that markup in the future.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*click*

Buying a broken thing and returning it is autism.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

Writing a ten-paragraph essay about it might be, tbh

You've failed every writing assignment you've ever done, huh?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FYI the disney thing was what DigitalEclipse proposed to Capcom as a collection before the MM Legacy Collection. Switch might not have even existed when it was being done, as I imagine licensing and getting original artwork from the original games was the major process.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Tons of challenge modes, boss rushes, time attacks, lots of concept art, full manual scans, ability to play NES or famicom versions

They also went to the trouble to find the CRTs that the original devs were using for development of the MM games and went and made their CRT mode based on them. It probably won't do anything for you if you're opposed to filters on any game like Jeff Gerstmann but it has to be the most accurate CRT filter I've ever seen.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Did you just punch the screen when making the stand started to get frustrating?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Carts are back bitches, give me the carts, give me all of them.

And then give me a cart of Kart to cart around.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

iirc people were saying the PC version scaled well.

But it's not like we'd get something other than MG Survive at a bad camera angle from Konami.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still happy that my brain hasn't broke yet and I can enjoy things regardless of whether or not they sell well.

Even when they're selling really well?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

idk I have giant hands and have had no problems with it, not even the desync problems people have been having.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Horizon sold better than Uncharted 4.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

parallelodad posted:

No, it was a little below it (by like 0.1 mil) according to ZhugeEX. It was the fastest selling original franchise on PS4 though.

Ah, okay, I saw that it sold better in like the first two days than Uncharted did in a week (or some comparison like that) and assumed it kept the momentum.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I am sad the new Fire Emblem is coming to 3ds and not Switch. Just go all in on it nintendo, drat.

There's one coming in 2018.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I scalped my Switch, to myself, to play myself, it was great.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

How much money did you flip it for

40 hours and counting of Zelda, this guy *raises thumbs* is a sucker!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deadwing posted:

Aww man the switch doesn't have background purchasing yet, bought Issac off of the online eShop and it won't start downloading until I wake up the system. Sad!

I know it says that from the website, but I'm pretty sure when I bought Blaster Master off there, it downloaded while my system was asleep.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

well im not selling

son of a switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Aww yeah, so ruined, you fuckers had to play Mario 3D World, what a sham.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Blaster Master????????????????

How have you been looking at this thread and not known about Blaster Master?

re: get Blaster Master.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

pixaal posted:

Have you tried rebooting the Switch? (hold the power button for 13 seconds don't put it into sleep mode). I had some slow down issues in Zelda for a few days and had the Switch crash on me while downloading splatoon and they went away after the reboot. There might be a memory leak of some kind in the switch UI and there is no shutdown just "sleep". Or maybe I'm an idiot and can't find the shutdown button.

You hold the power button for a while and a menu will show up that gives you the option to shut it down completely, it's not a button exactly.

I did that at first but then found out the Joy Cons don't charge if the system is completely off and stopped doing it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

Check that website all the time, and set up alerts to go off when it comes in stock.

Apparently Kohl's somehow has one at the moment?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

free the post

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

They essentially did both of these already with the Zelda collections on Gamecube and the Mario All-Stars collection on Wii.

Nintendo ain't above selling you three or four ROMs for $59.99.

I mean I know the All Stars collection was bunk but they didn't actually sell the Zelda collections. The OoT Master Quest disc was a preorder bonus for Windwaker and the 4 game collection was a bonus for one of three things, getting it free with a new console, getting it free with a subscription to Nintendo Power, or getting it for putting in I think four or so Club Nintendo codes that came with their games at the time.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lmao at the notion of SD3 coming out in English in 2017. That series is unbelievably dead.

Stick to petitioning Mother 3.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

not a single god drat post about the single player, either.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sounds like a blast... ball

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

just make the baseball game called Switch Hitters this isn't hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hows Blaster Master? I'm kind of tempted to get it but I've seen literally no one talk about it

people in here were talking about it a ton before the splatoonalypse, usually to say to buy it immediately because it's great.

• Locked thread