Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Hehe, my body is ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Good to see the accessories in stock. Gonna have to run and pick up a case and maybe pro controller over the weekend.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I don't know if people already saw this but the official Nintendo store has Switch stuff now. Replacement kickstand for 4bux.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

MarcusSA posted:

Which of the ambiii are cool / good?

I have one amiibo and his name is waluigi.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Yeah, I've been having connection issues with the left joycon too. loving sucks. Really hope they issue a recall or something to fix it. I am fine with the joycons otherwise, but my cat likes to sit on me while I play and it fucks up the controller. They are really small though. I'll probably grab a pro this weekend.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

How do you get burn in withing 72 hours?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Did anyone get the Nintendo case that comes with the screen protector? I'm trying to gauge the size on it but can't really tell. I just want basically a small soft pouch to keep it from getting dinged up in my bag.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Tender Bender posted:

Helpful words

Ok cool. Sounds like a pass for me then since we have really similar needs for a case. A lot of these early accessories seem really shoddy. I think I'll wait a bit and see what comes out on top.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Can I use the cable that came with my pro controller to charge the console?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
When's Arms?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Feenix posted:

2 Zelda Questions:

1) I'm early on... but I have run into a rock monster and a bunch of spider tank things. I avoided the tank walker things to get to the temple they were near... they seemed (as did the rock giant) to take no damage from my attacks. Are they just a " later" thing? Or was I not doing something right?

2) I found the 3 shrines easily enough... Stasis, Bomb and umm Magnet. I cannot find the 4th. Any help?

I've found a ton of "come back later" enemies. It's totally a valid tactic to run away and go around a lot of the time.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I brought my switch to work yesterday and holy gently caress it feels baller as hell to walk into my living room, dock the switch, pick up my pro controller, lay down on the couch and continue playing from where I was on my lunch break.

The way the sleep mode works is probably my favorite bit. I just turn it on and I'm in the game right where I was in a matter of seconds. It's so good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Spellman posted:

Cool feature for friending is if you've faced them in a game, they show up in a list you can use to friend request them

I friended a few poeple from Miitomo (lol) and it doesn't seem to really do anything? I'm assuming I'd I had an online multiplayer game I could send them an invite to a party but there's no chat yet so eh.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
This thread is the new Wii U thread, in that it sucks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
My friend gave me a bunch of his Wii U games because he's dumping his system. Free Splatoon, Captain Toad, Mario Party, and Wind Waker are waiting for me after I wrap up BotW.

Edit: :slick:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What was that fighter from the indie sizzle reel? The one with smash bros controls? That looked rad.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Man I wish Fast RMX had a demo. It looks cool, but those kinds of games live or die based on ~feel~ for me. I love F-Zero but didn't care for any of the Wipeout games for whatever reason. Videos don't really help either.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Empress Brosephine posted:

I don't think I "get" Zelda. What's the point of the combat nothing drops and the "amazing open world" is just enemy camps???

You haven't found any shrines or korok seeds or cool views or wacky NPCs or sick loot yet?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Tender Bender posted:

Dan Ryckert of Giant Bomb did this and actually ruined his vision because he wore the glasses he previously didn't need.

Is Dan Ryckert literate?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Astro7x posted:

I've had zero luck finding ANY case for my Switch.

Pre-ordered one on Amazon, it's delayed until April. TRU, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Amazon online all have nothing. The stores have nothing as well.

What the hell.

Yeah they're pretty much gone everywhere. I've been using a beanie to keep mine safe in my bag during commutes. Thinking of just going ahead and adding myself to the waiting list for that dumb expensive leather one.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ChocNitty posted:

A backpack is too big for a handheld. We need Switch fannypacks.

Joy con thigh holsters.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Infinitum posted:

I hope Battle Mode is online :allears:

Hell yeah

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Consummate Professional posted:

What type of game is shovel knight?

Platformer. It owes a lot to MegaMan. It's really good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Has anyone had issues with a joycon not working while playing the system in handheld mode? I've twice had to pop a joycon off and back on, or pop it off and press the sync button because it wasn't registering any input at all. This has happened for both left and right joycons.

Also yesterday I was playing Zelda and the fan cranked up really loud on handheld mode, which I'd not experienced before. Not sure why it would be getting hot when I had only been playing for ten or so minutes and I was in an area I'd been before with no issue. :ohdear:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Louisgod posted:

I've had zero issues with the Joycons losing connection when connected to the Switch and knowing they get a physical connection when attached it's hard to understand how it'd lose synch unless the joycons themselves are bonked.

Usually when I first fire up Zelda the fan kicks in high gear and eventually spins down later but yesterday I turned the Switch on after sitting in sleep all day and Zelda froze. Had to hold the power down and reboot it. Kinda worried to see that and I'm hoping it's a one off.

Both times it's happened was when I woke the system up, so it's not like they drop in game like the desync issue, just that it isn't turning on with the rest of the system.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Splatoon rules FYI.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Bloop posted:

Gyro feels more natural than mouse or stick.

Mouse feels... easy? cheap-o. Unengaging. Yup, there it is, click. Got it. It doesn't feel like you are connected or like physical skill is involved. I know it's more reliable and top-tier competitive and whatnot, but I'm talking about feel and fun, and it's very subjective and experiential.

I want my exciting game box plugged into my bigass TV and with a different input device from doing taxes.

Splatoon felt perfectly natural and like I was actually engaged in what was happening much more than clicking a mouse ever could for me.

lol

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Holy poo poo.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

il serpente cosmico posted:

I really want Enter the Gungeon and Hyperlight Drifter on the Switch. Though, given the trouble the devs had getting Hyperlight running at 60 FPS even on PC, I don't know how likely that is.

HLD was built in gamemaker which runs at 30 fps by default. It's not like they had performance issues. It's fine.

I want them to backport older indies like Hotline Miami and Spelunky. I know those were on Vita but lol if you think I'm buying a Vita.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I just bought one with 1 2 Switch from Amazon. Do I sell the game unopened or is it good?

It's ok as a party game/toy thing. Nowhere near as good as Wii sports, but it's really fun to watch other people play.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Junkie Disease posted:

a bigger evolution to shooters than TF2.

lol

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Junkie Disease posted:

Why is it laugh out loud? Tf2 was just TF polished and improved to a great degree, they made some brilliant decisions in character design and changes to health and teamwork. But it is TF2.

Where is Splatoon's TF1?

This is a good bit

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I just thought it was funny that guy called it "a bigger evolution to shooters than TF2."

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Same, but I can understand why they went for a barebones OS - it takes like three seconds to get from sleep mode back into gameplay, and in my experience at least it's rock stable. Streetpass would be really cool but would screw up sleep mode battery drain

No Miiverse is a loving disgrace though

I do miss streetpass, but yeah that was murder on the 3DS battery. The switch is also bulkier. I only pack it when I know for sure I'll be playing on lunch, but I used to Cary my 3DS wherever just in case. I wonder if they plan to offload a similar idea to smartphones at some point in the future.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How much of a hassle is it to get a replacement joycon? Just a phonecall and shipping the one part of me do they need the whole thing or do they send a new one first or what?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

irlZaphod posted:

I hope no Fallout games come to the Nintendo Switch because Fallout 4 was pretty dull and bad.

If Fallout is your measure of a good game then :yikes:

New Vegas was good in spite of the terrible gameplay and lovely engine. The first two are supposed to be good but lol if you've tried to play them for the first time in the past decade.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Cool let's go explore and look at some interesting geometry I guess. Maybe you'll find a shrine but that's it. It's not like Skyrim where you can find a town and quests. At most you'll find a enemy camp and have to slog through the boring combat once again.

This is a good bit.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is there a countdown/reminder site for the spla2n testfire? I know I'm gonna forget the actual hour that they are running them.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Haven't multiple people mentioned having slowdowns in Isaac? Like you keep harping on him being a liar but it seems reasonable that he could have experienced frame rate issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh sweet I should be able to play during that 11-12 Splatoon slot tonight. :dance:

• Locked thread