Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Wish Shovel Knight was like $20 instead of $32.50AUD on the Aus eShop.

Be a bit more enticing to buy it again.

Could the Switch being region-free affect this?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just to throw my two cents in the pan about the availability. I went to six different stores (Walmart, Target, Gamestop, etc.) and they were all sold out. I didn't ask how many they got in the first place though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Loopoo posted:

poo poo guys, don't scare me. I thought there'd be a resounding "Yeah the same happens to me". Surely I can't be the only one?

There are many people in the world not taking the medication they need.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Feenix posted:

So wait... put electrical tape... where?

up ur butt

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Oh well that's a horse of a different colour.

I'm liking how dev friendly the Switch is. Can easily joycons to your PC, devkits only cost a couple hundred, lot of people interested in porting their games.

Hopefully the indie swell will bring back some big name devs as well. I don't mind the Switch being just a Nintendo + Indie game machine, but it'd be nice to have some big name brands on here as well. :allears:

I agree, but the one thing I'm hoping/worried about is getting handheld quality games on the Switch. Big console games are great, but I really love the tighter if less ambitious focus of games like Bravely Default, SMTIV, and Phoenix Wright.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So how does gyro aiming work in Zelda if your playing with split joy-cons. Is it just controlled with the right joy-con?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Policenaut posted:

Hey so uh Radiant Historia may be coming back? Given that the game was originally on DS I would guess that if it's a remake/new thing it'd be for 3DS or Switch? Or maybe it's just another bait and switch mobile thing I dunno.

Radiant Historia is good. I want more Radiant Historia.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also if you have Link be shirtless and leave him to idle he gets a unique idle animation that only plays when no shirt is equipped: he'll start flexing

:same:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Today I would like to take this opportunity to declare a national holiday

Happy 5th birthday to Kid Icarus: Uprising

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

The dream of photoshopping your hand into a picture?

no

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Milkman posted:

Anyone found insulting my son BoxBoy will taste my steel

His name is Qbby...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

chaleski posted:

In a better world, Megaman Legends 3 would be perfect on the Switch

I'll take Legends 1 and 2 on VC as consolation, however

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rirse posted:

The thing that makes it look fishy besides the date is why a HD version of Paper Mario 2, a great game that a little odd they would this over just being lazy and doing it for the also mentioned Gamecube VC in the same post. Thousand Year Old Door is the type of game they wouldn't bother to update in favor of something you figured they would do a HD version in that era, like Mario Sunshine.

It's totally fake, but I could see doing a HD remake of TTYD using the color splash engine.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

secret volcano lair posted:

Thanks. This was too easy. I feel like they're going to cancel it out from under me

Yeah... but maybe I'll actually be able to get a Switch this half of 2017.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Have you considered
That the xbone controller is just a SNES controller with joysticks

Of course I have. I ponder it everyday.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I usually try to get things that taste good when I get groceries, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

HEB is loving legit guys. I've finally made the switch. Zelda and Snipperclips here I come.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TerraGoetia posted:

I started Breath of the Wild just now. I may keep playing to see more shrines, do more quests, etc. Switch is fun and good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Noodle is a good name.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nintendo please. I need more than two days to mentally hype myself up for a direct and then be disappointed.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Does it get your..

SEAL of approval?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

LethalGeek posted:

I am loving stoked to get back into MK8 with 200cc out of the box. It really turns silly racing game into a :holymoley: I have to actually race now while dodging silly crap :D

Seriously 200cc MK is insane in the best way.

I'm kinda on the fence on rebuying MK8, but getting the chance to school small children on 200c day one is very appealing.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bef posted:

Just like how they didn't port splatoon over

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I like the backpack.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Here's my hot take for the Switch thread: Puyo Puyo Tetris is unplayable garbage... on the joycons.

I love Tetris, but the joystick and an L button the size of a grain of rice threw me so far off I had to give up after a couple rounds.

Give me a way to use an N64 D-pad, then we'll talk.

Why are are you using the joystick? L button, why are you pressing the L button? What does it even do???

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gray if your over 11.

11 decades maybe.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'll probably get puyo puyo tetris soonish, but I'm gonna get MK8D first.

Also, if anyone wants to add me: SW-1569-4536-4495

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr Cheeto posted:

I dunno, man, that looks visually busy in a way that platformers shouldn't be

It's okay, Sonic's a very busy hedgehog. Although I do kinda like how far away the camera is. Being able to see more makes it a bit easier to keep going fast, maybe.

Edit: I'm curious if anybody here is actually better at or prefers the puyo side of the equation.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lord Harbor posted:

I saw Target's obnoxious Mario Kart display at the front of their store and checked to see if they had any consoles. Lucky me, there were two left, so I'm now the proud owner of a Switch and Zelda. This was probably a terrible decision right before finals week.

Oh, it's fine just open it play for like half an hour. I'm sure a quick break is what you really need from all that studying. What's the worst that could happen, eh?

edit:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Probably going to get buried in Kart chat, but: Kamiko's dece for a $5 game. Cute, got some puzzle bits, whoever said "Hyper Light Zelda" was pretty accurate with the former's aesthetic and the latter's 2D top-down control/combat setup. Short, but not bad.

I gotta remember to pick that up when I get the chance. It seemed simple but the movement looked nice and the combo system was neat.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Alright, so Gamestop... Have I just been self-owned?

Ehhhh

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

I may have made the worst possible mistake I could have trying to keep the in-store preorder. Like I would've gotten a better turnaround had I just ordered from their website, which I thought is what I would get if I converted but it seems like it's treated as an in-store pickup.

So I guess I'm gonna be late to the online gold mario party by at least ~10 hours, in the worst case.

It's okay. In the end, you still get to play Mario Kart. Probably...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

japtor posted:

Do we have a chat or something to setup Puyo Tetris games? (And sure, Mario Kart and other stuff too, why not)

There's a discord server in the op. Not sure how many use it though.

Nintengoons Discord Server

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kirios posted:

ughhhhhh smart steering is the worst why is it on by default

Lol. That's the thing that straight up prevents you from crashing right? That's really weird.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It seems like neither Zelda nor Mario can stand up to the illustrious 10$ psn card though. Nintendoomed indeed.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Healbot posted:

It's Bowser I think.

It's ya boy.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ComposerGuy posted:

We hit about 10-12 stores today out hunting with no success. I think we're just going to have to wait until everything dies down.

I'm sorry but even after the apocalypse, the Switches will still be sold out.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm still mad they dropped Zelda and AC stuff in Mario Kart before Kirby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Louisgod posted:

They used muppets because Iwata was too sick to do live stuff

Too sick because of cancer that ended up fatal. That's kinda hosed up to make fun of.

• Locked thread