Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
I've been messing around with the switch all morning. I'm limited to portable mode (in general) and I got to say that the joycons are just too weedy for me. I know there is the pro controller but that's not useful to someone like me who 95% of the time plays in portable mode. It's serviceable enough though and the games look good on the screen. I'll be looking for a more robust joycon solution in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

e; single player games

I've been playing Metal Slug 3 for the past 30 minutes.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

does it have the slow down a lot of ports of ms games have or is it smooth

It runs just like the originals does which includes a bit of slowdown when sprites and explosions go nuts all at once. Metal Slug 3 was a pretty good with minimal slowdown compared to MS2 so it wasn't really a distraction for me. There are decent options for scaling too, with Pixel perfect, soft filter, several scanline options and even a weird crt vertical scrolling effect which looks kinda like a really lovely beat to hell arcade monitor under cheap fluorescent lights.

If you want to play any neo geo games without any slowdown there are hack options within most PC emulators to deal with that. It's not really an authentic experience but whatever floats your boat.

As for region I'm in Australia.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Whoever decided that charging and kickstand were mutually exclusive should be loving shot :argh:

Why the gently caress do companies keep doing this

The ministry of crap design is everywhere.

The Switch XL will move the charging port to a more convenient location. The cartridge slot will also be re-designed to allow for the quick feather-touch removal of game-cartridges and relocated to that place where you fingers always rest.

• Locked thread