Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Please Amazon ship Zelda! Switch will be USELESS without Zelda and it's already 7:30PM with no ship notification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
My Switch is out for delivery!

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

ChibiSoma posted:

So aside from Nintendo being incompetent as gently caress, is there a reason why the Switch keeps forgetting the wifi, won't let me sign in with my NID, and has absolutely no indicators to tell you when charging the stupid controllers is complete? Or why the left controller seemed to come with a near-full charge but the right one had absolutely zero? Or why, in god drat 2017 it doesn't come with a god drat AC adapter?

Oh wait that last one's so they can scam more money out of you. Because the 80 dollar price tag on extra controllers wasn't enough, I guess.

Nintendo Turd

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

bbchops posted:

This left Joy Con thing is a bad time.

Did you update with the day 1 patch and its still messing up?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

bbchops posted:

Yep. First thing I did was update, with the Joy Con connected, and it's been perfect all afternoon in handheld mode. I've just set it up on my TV and immediately Link is casually strolling to his death over cliffs.

Looks like they definitely haven't fixed it yet then. Hopefully people from earlier in the thread were right that they can increase the maximum range of these things with a firmware update since ,supposedly, they set them purposefully lower than they could go for better battery life.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

The countdown is on. It's 1PM over here and I need this delivered before 5PM to my work if I'm gonna be able to play it. Oh man!

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Oh man. My Switch says Delivered but still waiting on Zelda! Only 1.5 hours before mailroom closes. Lets goooooooo!

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I wonder why the left JoyCon drops vary so heavily between people. Some getting nothing, some getting quite a bit. Nintendo better get a fix out ASAP.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

So I didn't get to play my Switch last night cuz it was my buddy's birthday and I had friend obligations. Got to play Zelda for a good hour this morning and god drat am I loving the Switch. This is one hell of a powerful portable and even the great plateau is already awesome in Zelda haha. Really can't wait to dive into it more but I'm loving my purchase so far.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Hoping Nintendo issues a recall and replacement of left joycons. I haven't had an issue as I'm just playing with mine connected to the Switch but there are so many people reporting it that it needs to be taken care of swiftly before the problem grows and they have a real issue on their hands. They made a profit from the Switch so they can suck it up and recall the left joycons and replace them now.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Posting from an airplane without my Switch due to all the goons running my local stores dry of a carrying case :(. Sad times on this plane.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

What's the recommended Switch case? I want to take this thing out of the house.

I pre-ordered the waterfield designs one. It's not gonna get to me until like April unfortunately but it looks like the best quality by a mile and carries everything you need except for maybe the wall charger you can just keep in your pocket or something.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Just stop being cheap asses and order this case before they go 2 months out on orders:

https://www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case

Best quality you're gonna find.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Actually it's trash because it's not a hardcase.

Where's the eyeroll emoji? Thing has enough internal padding and protection from the leather to protect for all levels of drops and smushing unless, maybe, you decide to sit on it with 350 lbs of goon weight

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I'm wondering if the de-syncing issue is in the joycon or the console itself because I was playing zelda yesterday, docked with the pro controller, and was getting funky de-syncing at times on the menu and selecting weapons with both my left and right sticks. Very weird honestly.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Just played a good 5 hours of Zelda and being able to go into a much higher level place than I should be and find a way to survive is why I love this game. It's seriously as open as you want it to be and, even though it's really tough, you can definitely beat almost anything at any time you want. I'm looking forward to someone going straight to the final boss and defeating it with a stick :)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Mahoning posted:

So, like 10 days in and I still have never used the JoyCon Grip for anything other than showing people how it works.

Same but that's because I have the pro controller. It's seriously the best controller Nintendo has made so far and puts the Wii U one to shame.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

man nurse posted:

Well, I beat Zelda. Guess it's time to leave my Switch in sleep mode until Mario Kart comes out. :negative:

You utter fool. This is why I'm doing as much as I can before even attempting the story. I want this to last a long while with the lull in games coming up.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

parallelodad posted:

They're gonna have to do better than that charging full price for a 4 year old game.

Not rly. Plenty of "HD" remakes for PS4 and Xbox One were full priced and they offered nothing but higher resolutions. This at least adds new modes, fixes battle mode (with 8 maps), adds characters and features like holding two items at once. It's fine.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

parallelodad posted:

I'm talking about Lego City

Oh. Lol.

Also, am I the only person that set out to unlock the entire map in Zelda before story stuff? It's a bit of a grind at first but I feel like it'll pay off to easily get around to shrines/seeds moving forward 😎

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all-time great games back to gamestop.

Hey, man. Some of us just like physical media ok? They're small, easy to carry, and don't take up space on the lovely 32GB of storage we have. I'm saving that space for all the future digital-only games and hoping that, by the time it's full, 256GB cards will be much cheaper.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Yessss my Waterfield case shipped 😎😎

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Congrats on your kind of ugly murse

More like awesome looking case you poor

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i got one and glued some neon truck nuts to it, wouldn't want anyone thinking it was a girl purse for girls

That's what I'm doing to mine for sure. Only way I'll truly feel confident walking with my Switch murse

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Michaellaneous posted:

So I finally got my hands on a Switch, able to try it out for an hour or so. Here are my thoughts on this:

This screen is tiny and utter trash. If I want to appreciate what I am seeing in any way, I need to have the joycons slotted in, holding it close to my face. If I prop this thing up on a table somewhere in a realistic fashion, it's utter trash and lmao @ the thought of playing Skyrim on such a tiny display.

The joysticks on the controllers feel cheap, make awful noises when snapping back, and, generally handle like trash.

There is virtually no space between the bumpers, leaving no space to my rest my index fingers. I have to put them
under the joycons, behind the bumpers.

The "controller" you slot the joycons in feels like a cheaply made chinese knockoff.

I am forced to hold the Switch kinda awkwardly, since the left joystick is really far up, and the right one realy far down. It just does not feel comfortable, and in addition, the thing is quite heavy too.

So yeah. Tiny loving screen, a cheap feeling and an overall lack of comfort makes this a joke, at least to me. 450 bucks for this? Lol.

I feel like I can smell you from here

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I can't get my drat horse to turn well at all and it apparently fully "loves" me. Makes these competition things tough :(

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Got the WaterField case today for my Switch. Murse or not, this poo poo is high quality as gently caress. Glad I got it :)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

Still riding that Nintendo Switch high, I strolled into the store yesterday, palm-slapped my money on the counter, and left with a copy of Binding of Isaac.

And...I'm not into it. Everyone seems to love this game so I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

Is there some secret to getting into this game?

What do you not like about it? I've never played it and have a pre-order ready to pick up right now but any info that can help me decide if I should get it or not would be helpful.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I'm glad I got the background on this game because what I'm hearing personally doesn't appeal to me. I guess I thought it was more like a story-based game that you played from start to finish and not an endless randomly generated set of levels.

I think I might not pick up the game and use the $40 on I Am Setsuna instead. Sounds like it may be more up my alley.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I've done about everything in Zelda I care to except the castle. I don't want it to end though...

Collect the drat korok seeds. Do it now :)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Found we naturally. I am aware of just how d amn many there are. Not happening. Thats literally what I was referring to when I did all "I care to"

Ya there's no way I'm doing that either. Is there any armor for you to upgrade? Have you done or want to do all the shrines? The story honestly feels really fast without all the side stuff. It took no time at all to do half of the "dungeons" in the game :(. Most of the time is getting from point A to point B and all the side missions rly. This might be the best Zelda I've ever played but I just wish the story could be 100+ hours because I'm greedy.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I really hope the attach rate of 1-2 Switch is less than 5% just cuz Nintendo are stupid as hell for thinking they could charge for that crap

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

CoasterMaster posted:

Whelp I got that Waterfield Switch case and it's nice except for the fact that my Switch keeps turning on while inside it. I was playing my Switch on the bus ride home, put it back in the case, then threw the case in my bag and when I got back up to my apartment, the switch was on. It was also on when I took it out of the case when I got on the bus.

Is there some trick I'm missing? Right now it's gonna go back to Waterfield.

(Also, another thing in the pile of the amFilm Tempered Glass protector being fantastic)

I have the Waterfield case and I dunno how this is possible and hasn't happened to me. Are you sure you're putting the Switch in sleep mode and not just putting it in the case still on by accident? In sleep mode you have to click the same button three times to turn it fully back on so I wouldn't see that happening often with the case.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Hey goons! In about a month I'm going to be traveling to Italy and bringing my Switch for the flights (obviously not gonna be using it on gondola rides). I'll likely want to charge it, though, before the flight back in which case I'll need to use an adapter. Any known issues with using a European adapter on the 120V AC charging cable?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Their portrayal of Ganon as a hippy was a weird choice. The voice actor nailed the line reads though: "What if, like, this is just some cycle of violence, and we were like meant to work together? We each have these gold triangles, maybe instead of that meaning we're enemies, we should be friends? Like, there's a hole in the middle in all these symbols. Like, a missing triforce? Maybe that missing piece is friendship. And if you think about it, does fighting ever solve anything? I just keep thinking, like, maybe I'M just as dangerous to Hyrule as the Shiekah. Do you vape?"

I missed the Vapetastic Ganon fight :(

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

GI_Clutch posted:

Don't worry. There will be a small passage in your cell you can escape from. Then you just need to make it through a forced stealth section and you'll get your stuff back.

I'm loling at the thought of Nintendo having a jail like this at their HQ with Nintendo employees tasked with moving up and down hallways, never deviating from their path and if they catch you, someone blows a whistle and you wind back up in Nintendo jail to try again.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

I don't have a single amiibo. Am I pariah in the Nintendo community? :kiddo:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Guys, what do I do? I can easily go beat Ganon right now but don't want Zelda to be over :(. I am about to get level 4 barbarian gear, don't rly care to 100% the shrines or Korok seeds cuz Link already feels OP without that. I'm down to get the Hylian shield but other than that, I'm pretty much at the end. Do I just suck it up and kill the fucker? I guess Mario Kart is out in a couple short weeks...

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

404notfound posted:

4K is the new 3D when it comes to TVs, i.e., you can't get a nicer TV that doesn't have it. Hopefully 4K will be around to stay though. I don't think I've ever tried 3D on my TV other than briefly firing up Arkham Asylum to see how it felt--and then promptly turning it back off.

4K will be around to stay because it actually makes a difference and isn't a gimmick like 3D. The only way it goes away is when 8K becomes more standard which hopefully won't be for many years because even PC's are barely able to run new games in 4K/60FPS with $1,000 graphics cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Quick Q:

I leave to Italy on a Friday and I have a plug adapter that takes USB A and provide the European adapter needed. If I just use the USB A to C that came with my pro controller will that be fine? Can the switch handle 100-240V?

• Locked thread