Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think anything has been seen of Sea of Thieves since two E3's ago.

Don't you remember last year's very exciting gameplay demo that included realtime reaction video of "players" obnoxiously screaming definitely real, definitely not prescripted reactions to each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlsN6EO2oU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

well why not posted:

Lol at Scorpio being PARADIGM SHIFTING. It's not even portable, what a joke.

It is shifting a paradigm in the sense that MS is doing something no console manufacturer has ever done before: spending an entire year hyping that they are about to shoot themselves in the foot by fragmenting their already diminished userbase. (Although apparently PSVR is selling well, so maybe the Scorpio won't be a bad gamble. We'll see.)

Still, this is exactly the kind of headline you definitely want to see a month from the big reveal if you are MS: "Very few gamers are interested in buying Project Scorpio or PS4 Pro, study finds"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

pixaal posted:

Don't get a charge grip, if it's like the one that came with the console it makes the most uncomfortable controller ever conceived and where I think all the joycon hate comes from.

The JoyCon grip sucks but moreover, there is absolutely no reason to have a dedicated device to charge these things. They have absolutely astounding battery life. After more than a few 20+ hour Zelda marathon weekends all I had to do was dock them Sunday night and they were back to capacity come Monday morning.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

spasticColon posted:

And yet I still give a personal score of 9.9/10 because there is no such thing as a perfect game. The game froze/locked up on me a few times on the GameCube. :colbert:

9.9/10 because I was playing it when news of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster broke and I will forever associate it with tragedy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

whaley posted:

I tried a couple of TellTale games but I was so distracted by what a technical disaster they were I had to stop playing because I felt insulted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeY5H2JRYic

Seems pretty good to me???

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

fastbilly1 posted:

Yall didnt get a cool spykit or an NES out of the back?

I still believe. Will trade my Switch for one of these (contingent on me losing, uh, a couple LBs)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjTzc7EH4I
Anyone post this yet? Extremely my poo poo

I...will buy this, though I wish it had more traditional golf game mechanics (Unless they just excised any glimpse at the actual golf gameplay interface from the trailer.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kashuno posted:

Helix is ridiculously good if you can get the timing down. He can dodge entire flurries extremely easily and shield is good.

To hook without motion controls just tilt the control sticks

When I saw that holding Dash/Jump would cause him to shrink/expand, everything suddenly clicked. But Min Min is still the best.

ARMS...is good. I can only imagine what a treat local multi is.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Depressing Box posted:

Does anyone know what holding dodge until you start glowing does? Is it just a charged punch like with guarding?

Yeah, charged punch. You can hold dodge or jump to activate it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

loudog999 posted:

Since it sounds like Street Fighter is a pass, which of the Neo Geo fighters would you recommend instead?

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, which features a fighter named Khushnood Butt.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gaspy Conana posted:

Got some possible Smash leaks or somethin' over yonder:

Looks a little fakey to me but who knows.

I want this to be true because I found Smash Run on the 3DS version incredibly addictive and would love to play it on a larger screen.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

spit on my clit posted:

wouldn't be surprised if cuphead gets scalebound'd

Fully expect Cuphead to come out and get solid 5 out of 10/2.5 star/Gamepro bored face but with a thumbs up ratings; every review being some variation of "Looks great, repetitive gameplay"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
$20 for a YEAR of Switch Online? Nintendo...making a decision that is both palatable and logical from the consumer's standpoint? [Shakes head, looks at big jug in hand labeled "XXX," bugs out eyes, throws jug over shoulder]

Nintendo...unceremoniously dropping these details via social media on a Thursday evening just under two weeks before they're guaranteed to have a captive audience of millions in the E3 Direct? [Jug reforms, reverses arc, flies back into hand]

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

grand theft grotto posted:

I think they should add Dr. Mario to Puyo Puyo Tetris, then take out Puyo Puyo. They can call it "Tetris and Dr. Mario"

They released that Dr. Mario & Puzzle League collection for GBA, why not do it again but this time with the Puyo Puyo Tetris swap mechanic?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Oh cool, my Switch has suddenly decided not to output sound when docked. Havin' to Testpunch in tabletop mode here.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Meldonox posted:

When are we getting more Nintendo breakfast cereals? They're really missing a long-neglected key vertical here.

My Mom refused to buy me the Nintendo Cereal System as a child and I held a grudge about that longer than was healthy for a 5 year old. (But I remember getting picked up from Kindergarten on Friday afternoons and her having a Nintendo Ice Cream Sandwich waiting in the car for me - it tasted better than a regular ice cream sandwich, because it has Mouser on it! And a few years later she had no problem buying those Nintendo mini-sodas, so who knows what the cereal thing was all about.)

Anyhow, now that I'm an adult who makes my own choices I will buy literally loving anything I can eat, drink or inject that has a Nintendo property on the label; I'm all aboard bringing this poo poo back. I mean, I'm already blowing through my recommended sodium intake for the week chugging those cans of Campbell's condensed soup with the Mario shaped noodles.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The direct is gonna be 8 minutes long tomorrow

Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be something like "New Pokemon x UNIQLO shirts are now available, at UNIQLO! A minor update for Pokemon GO is coming soon! And let's not forget anewPokemongameforSwitchiscomingtuneintotheE3Directnextweekformore"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The next Pokémon game will be for ALL Nintendo consoles. Even the discontinued ones.

Stars will be a Pokémon Mini EXCLUSIVE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zelder posted:

Pokemon stars is announced but it's actually Pokemon S.T.A.R.S. and its the resident evil x Pokemon game that you've been waiting for, probably

Pokemon S.T.E.A.M. and it's all you favorite Pokemon and all your favorite characters from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nintendo Switch will NEVER have a mainline Pokemon on it so just get that it off your head right now. Guarantee you when Gen 8 is announced, it won't be on Switch.

What happens if the eventual 3DS successor...just turns out to be a smaller form factor Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QXGz0k7Ak

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Policenaut posted:

Still waiting for the Vitality Sensor

If they'd finished the Vitality Sensor, Iwata would be with us today

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I am going to go to this whenever it opens in the US and be both of the women at the 11 second mark, not only in my excitement to see a guy in a Mario costume but also in that I will be their combined weight and age.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kashuno posted:

It's going to be a rollercoaster that is just loops with blue shell graphics

A roller coaster where when you think you're about to cross the "finish" there is a flash of blue light, the train jerks to a whiplash-inducing stop and you sit there for 5 seconds before slowly crawling back to the station.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kashuno posted:

:yeah::yeah::yeah: make sure to put in the OP the Miiverse died

Also find and link to a Change.org petition to bring it back

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Capcom patch the game to make his Guile voice canon TIA

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cartridge based games plus demand meant retailers were getting away with tacking on an additional $10 to the MSRP.

I remember the Sears in the town where I grew up charged $70 for all new release N64 games, for the entire lifespan of the console. I only paid the premium once, because I wanted GoldenEye ASAP and wasn't going to wait on Wal-Mart to restock.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

LethalGeek posted:

Wtf did I just watch

A pretty spot-on parody of E3 press conferences, from the artificial hype to the undue gravitas companies bestow upon video gaming

Check a look.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Anidav posted:

PS VR continues to be a joke

One million people with $400+ to burn can't be wrong!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Finally, Switch VR hits the market. Available only in black and red.

Google Cardboard style headgear. $49.99. Only compatible with Virtual Boy VC titles.

Good news: The entire VB library will be released!
Bad news: It is going to take 18 months!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mancalamania posted:

Smash will be announced in the Spotlight and the "breaking news" in the first hour of Treehouse will be a character trailer. Not sure who it will be but I have an "inkling" you guys will enjoy it. ;)

Ridley confirmed

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's the point?

Bandai/Namco: "We will pay you $$$ to license the Mario Kart property for this very niche application."
Nintendo: "Okay."

Leveraging their IP has become a key business priority for Nintendo - hence stuff like the Uniqlo collaborations, the Universal theme parks, etc. etc.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beastie posted:

So when is the Treehouse?

You're in it, baby.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Spacebump posted:

Nintendo is having an E3 digital sale.
No Switch games included for some reason.
https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/

Pretty obvious: Switch has no games

Definitely grabbing BoxBoxBoy for $3.50, though

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

katkillad2 posted:

I'd hate to be an Amiibo collector, seems like they've announced 10+ new ones.

I'm no completionist and just buy the ones I like, but yeah I want like half a dozen of the new ones they've shown off today. And unlike some of the less-popular ones I don't foresee shelves overflowing with discounted excess stock of the squishy Metroid or Wedding Suit Bowser etc.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A week after release I tried to find a Zelda amiibo. Out of 8 stores I found a Bokoblin.

Nintendo seriously dropped the ball on that. They made 8 trillion Animal Crossing amiibos and a billion anime game amiibos, all sitting on shelves forever, but you can't find any version of Link, any BotW, or, of all things, Mario World characters.

I saw a bunch of BotW amiibo right after launch - Zelda, both Links, even Guardians - to the point where I thought "Oh, they've finally hit the sweet spot for supply/demand." Now they're nowhere to be seen.

So I just preordered $60 worth of plastic toys from Best Buy :negative:

(As for Mario characters, they were overabundant on shelves, until they got marked down to clearance prices.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"Mr Koizumi would you rather fight 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?"

"Horse sized duck. It looks really cute, and maybe if I feed it, it will let me ride it."

This man is clearly insane; Do not believe his lies.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Absolutely worth it, MK8 is great. If you get into it, you'll play online more than you anticipate.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Give me a cross platform Call of Duty for the Switch with tilt/motion aiming

Only if there's an "I'M USING TILT CONTROLS" callout that you can spam

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hawaiian pizza is fine, but the BEST way to use pineapple on pizza is with andouille and grilled chicken. That's the good poo poo.

Let's hope Nintendo has one or two surprises today (It is eShop update day after all) or this is going to go on for another 20 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

e: where's the Metroid 2 demo?

There's a downloadable 3D trailer in the eShop, but that's it. Think it's under the general E3 section.

• Locked thread